Lincoln Continental Raymond Loewy by Brooklin

Tom

Re: Lincoln Continental Raymond Loewy by Brooklin

Post by Tom » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:08 pm

What an amazing end result. Another creation to be proud of and another model nobody else has. And the satisfaction that it's all your own work.

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Stunning results! :)

So nice, in fact, that it even made me consider what I originally thought about the 1:1... :shock:
-Julio-

Ralf B.

Post by Ralf B. » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:32 pm

Another exclusive, stunning model, Jean - that's your standard performance :D

That beautiful Chrysler reveals that you have private projects you don't share with us - shame on you ;)
“It should have been me, driving that Dynaflow."

reeft1

Post by reeft1 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:16 am

Wonderful

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:02 am

Tom wrote:What an amazing end result. Another creation to be proud of and another model nobody else has. And the satisfaction that it's all your own work.
Thank you :P ! And indeed, everytime I'm ready with a car, I can't believe that I have done it by myself, that's a really good feeling :D
DeadCanDanceR wrote:Stunning results! :) So nice, in fact, that it even made me consider what I originally thought about the 1:1... :shock:
Thanks a lot! I know that the audience is divided concerning this Loewy-Lincoln. I think that this was one of his good creations, all details are coherent, besides the rectangle grille, this seems to be no progress against the original waterfall-grille. Loewys later works for his own garage, the Cadillac Eldorado and the BMW 507, are simply horrible... :?
Ralf B. wrote:Another exclusive, stunning model, Jean - that's your standard performance :D That beautiful Chrysler reveals that you have private projects you don't share with us - shame on you ;)
Thank you! But believe me, I wouldn't dare to hide anything of my collection from your eyes :oops: The Chrysler was my last build before getting started with photo-etching, and by that time I only presented the pictures of the completed cars on the thread "Gems of the '30s & '40s", in this case this must have been around March 2015.
reeft1 wrote:Wonderful
Thanks a lot! I always hope that I can give some suggestions for everyone to tune & enhance old model cars :)

Meanwhile you know me quite well, and so you can be sure that I'm already working with the next kit. And if you thought that the Lincoln already was a "folksy" car, hold tight for my next project, this will lead us down to the frugal base of motorizing... :o

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:24 am

Looking forward to that!

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:22 pm

The transformation of the Lincoln is amazing. Us mere mortals out here can only hope that one of the resin companies has a go at it. Have to slightly disagree on the BMW 507; it's not pretty but design wise it was quite forward looking. The Caddy is horrible!

The Chrysler is one of your older efforts but was still only 18 months or so ago.:o It's nice but could really do with some of your trademark etching upgrades, especially the windscreen surrounds.

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:36 am

I must say you showed me that white metal may have future in scale world. For me it was a hopeless model making technique since the resin times, but your craftsmanship raises this to another level of model perfection!
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 pm

Tom wrote:Looking forward to that!
Playing now in this theatre :D
BertOne wrote:The Chrysler is one of your older efforts but was still only 18 months or so ago.:o It's nice but could really do with some of your trademark etching upgrades, especially the windscreen surrounds.
Later in life... :)
Paulius43 wrote:I must say you showed me that white metal may have future in scale world. For me it was a hopeless model making technique since the resin times, but your craftsmanship raises this to another level of model perfection!
Thank you so much! That's exactly what I intend! I do love detailed and finely made models, but - you already know - in my opinion a model car has to be made of metal, so I'm simply doing what a man has to do 8-)

Meanwhile the Lincoln moved to its new home:

Ralf B.

Post by Ralf B. » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Gorgeous showcases, Jean!

I think I spot a WM Auburn and an upgraded Rio Cadillac - what's the car right of the blue Caddy?
Resembles a 1930s Packard Victoria, but I don't know any in 1/43...(except one in resin :? )

Always curious to see your postings!

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:01 pm

Some home is that! ;)
-Julio-

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:01 pm

DeadCanDanceR wrote:Some home is that! ;)
I always fail to translate "Gesamtkunstwerk", a term created by Richard Wagner, but I think it's exactly that what I'm trying to achieve... :)
Ralf B. wrote:Gorgeous showcases, Jean! I think I spot a WM Auburn and an upgraded Rio Cadillac - what's the car right of the blue Caddy?
Resembles a 1930s Packard Victoria, but I don't know any in 1/43...(except one in resin :? )Always curious to see your postings!
Thanks! Always helpful to have an architect around... ;) RIO is right, the Auburn is the one by Matchbox. When starting with model building, I first took the (cheap :oops: ) Matchbox cars, but the proportions of the Matchbox Auburn are horrifying! So I meanwhile bought the WM as well... The Packard is also by Matchbox, I think this was the second or third car I built, still without any of the techniques I use now, only the plain car "smoothened" and repainted:

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Jean B. wrote:
DeadCanDanceR wrote:Some home is that! ;)
I always fail to translate "Gesamtkunstwerk", a term created by Richard Wagner, but I think it's exactly that what I'm trying to achieve... :)
I believe it is called "Total Art Work"!

And yes, you're certainly achieving it! ;)
-Julio-

Ralf B.

Post by Ralf B. » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Thanks for the Packard pic, Jean. Outstanding example of a simple model upgraded to a collector's piece!

Two of my 1930s Packards
On the right, the older standard issue, on the left a newer example from MM43's "Cars of the Stars" range (Jean Harlow)
with clear headlight lenses.

Meanwhile I have gathered seven different versions...

Sorry, I couldn't resist boasting :oops:

Cheers
Ralf

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:37 pm

this is art in it's purest form...amazing result.

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:50 pm

DeadCanDanceR wrote:I believe it is called "Total Art Work"! And yes, you're certainly achieving it! ;)
Thanks, always trying my best to meet your expectations!
Ralf B. wrote:Sorry, I couldn't resist boasting :oops:
We're among us, you needn't to be shy :D
Johnny_Bravo wrote:this is art in it's purest form...amazing result.
Happy to hearing this, thank you! :P

And now one last picture. Not the best result, but a first attempt in rear projection. I equipped my newly built photo-box with a rear wall of translucent plexiglass to project any pictures on it from behind. Of course I'll need spotlights from the front to illuminate the model car, but I think it's going in the desired direction:

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:36 pm

I love the idea!
Photography of diecast needs an incredible amount of light, I used a 1000 Watt video lamp until it died...

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Lovely photo! ;)
-Julio-