Maybach SW38 Roadster by TinWizard

Tom

Re: Maybach SW38 Roadster by TinWizard

Post by Tom » Sun May 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Utterly great. That radiator grill is the best you've made so far. :shock:

LUW

Post by LUW » Sun May 21, 2017 2:48 pm

To stop repeating myself, instead of typing "Holly mercaptans Batman, that si friggentastic!", I'll just type #/$!, 'kay?

]#/$!
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Sun May 21, 2017 4:12 pm

Tom wrote:Utterly great. That radiator grill is the best you've made so far. :shock:
I'll go along with that, along with the wheels; and as for the luggage.... :o. I know you're sick of hearing it, but, Wow!

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 pm

johann.nunweiller wrote:Great work!
Thank you! It's a pleasure for me if other forum members are entertained with what I'm doing! :P
Tom wrote:Utterly great. That radiator grill is the best you've made so far. :shock:
Thanks a lot! The front of the radiator is slightly curved, and it's great that with etching the indent follows this shape.
LUW wrote:To stop repeating myself, instead of typing "Holly mercaptans Batman, that si friggentastic!", I'll just type #/$!, 'kay? ]#/$!
Feel free to do so... :lol:
BertOne wrote:I'll go along with that, along with the wheels; and as for the luggage.... :o. I know you're sick of hearing it, but, Wow!
Very kind, thank you! And no, I'm not getting sick - at least not caused by your "wows"... ;) , rather by cursing that god gave me much too thick fingers...

Today some of the "odds and sods" (google translation suggested this) were made, no "big things", but - as you know - everything must be made somewhen... :)

Chassis finished in matte black with a rub of graphite powder:

Steering wheel:

Running boards and louvers:

Luggage and interior parts:

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon May 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Love all those details, the suitcases are spectacular!

LUW

Post by LUW » Mon May 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Jean B. wrote:]#/$!Image
]#/$!
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Jager

Post by Jager » Tue May 23, 2017 1:10 am

Love those suitcases (and the suitcase handles are simply amazing !)
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Wed May 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Tom wrote:Love all those details, the suitcases are spectacular!
Thanks! A long time I was hesitating if I should make all this, or if I should only make a kind of "facade" of the suitcase fronts. Now I'm very relieved that I've done all the effort, and - to be honest - I'm a little bit sad that I don't have other cars with which I could repeat this... :cry:
LUW wrote:]#/$!
:P
Jager wrote:Love those suitcases (and the suitcase handles are simply amazing !)
... and they're so easy to make ;) I'm satisfied that you can indeed see something of all this when the car is ready. Meanwhile I thought that all the details couldn't be seen in the finished car...

Today - beside many other works - the seats got ready:

And the suitcases, already placed in the gaps:

And a sneak preview of the gauges:

LUW

Post by LUW » Wed May 24, 2017 1:52 pm

]#/$!
And what is that dashboard :shock:?!? You're not human.
Image The Garage

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed May 24, 2017 2:03 pm

Utterly amazing detail in 1:43.

reeft1

Post by reeft1 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:44 pm

This is getting silly..... thats incredible

Jager

Post by Jager » Wed May 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Don't stop now Jean....you have to do the PE lingerie to go in those suitcases !

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Thu May 25, 2017 1:19 pm

LUW wrote:]#/$! And what is that dashboard :shock:?!? You're not human.
Reminds me of one of my favourite songs by Goldfrapp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz3Yu6_Bt-Y (video might be disturbing :mrgreen: )
Tom wrote:Utterly amazing detail in 1:43.
Always trying to get more teeny-weeny than before, but I have to admit, I'm coming to the edge... :)
reeft1 wrote:This is getting silly..... thats incredible
To stay in the charts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od6hY_50Dh0
Jager wrote:Don't stop now Jean....you have to do the PE lingerie to go in those suitcases !
To be honest, I've already done so, but unfortunately I've lost the key for the suitcases to show you... :D

Dashboard and steering wheel are completed:

Side windows are cut with the help of a p/e template:

And the window panes with their frames are combined with the door panels:

LUW

Post by LUW » Thu May 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Honestly, I don't remember a better dashboard on a 1:18!
]#/$!
Image The Garage

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu May 25, 2017 2:44 pm

That dash really takes it to another level.

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Fri May 26, 2017 1:56 pm

LUW wrote:Honestly, I don't remember a better dashboard on a 1:18! ]#/$!
That's what's really annoying: It's not so difficult to make such a dashboard, especially for the professionals of a manufacturer. So they must be a little bit lazy... 8-)
Tom wrote:That dash really takes it to another level.
Thank you! I don't know why I haven't tried before, but this time I used lines of 0.05 mm, and it works great!

Wheels are ready, reverse side above:

Fits & rolls:

Big moment:

First tinsel applied:

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri May 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Your paint really looks excellent. I'm however not totally convinced about the contrast between paint and chromework, which is always a big issue for me. For that reason in fact I like vintage cars in black...

LUW

Post by LUW » Fri May 26, 2017 4:08 pm

]#/$!

But I have to agree with Tom; the color looks REALLY good, but I think it may steel the thunder of the work you had with the metallic/chromed PE parts. Maybe it's just the lighting in that shot, but maybe (and that's maybe!) a darker shade on the body would make all the PE parts pop up more.
Image The Garage

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Sat May 27, 2017 1:09 pm

Tom wrote:Your paint really looks excellent. I'm however not totally convinced about the contrast between paint and chromework, which is always a big issue for me. For that reason in fact I like vintage cars in black...
LUW wrote:]#/$! But I have to agree with Tom; the color looks REALLY good, but I think it may steel the thunder of the work you had with the metallic/chromed PE parts. Maybe it's just the lighting in that shot, but maybe (and that's maybe!) a darker shade on the body would make all the PE parts pop up more.
I guess I know what you mean. On one hand you should wait until I take photos under daylight, on the other hand - honestly - the car looks exactly the way I had in mind when studying the vintage pictures: Yes, the chrome parts don't separate entirely from the metallic painting, but the complete look of the car is so "lush & lavish" just because the chrome parts and the painting entwine each other. And don't be disappointed: It seems that I am going to build some further cars, and there will surely be some "black & chrome" ones which will meet your expectations better :)

The old and the newly made bumpers:

Chassis with bumpers and exhaust pipe completed:

Left side (nearly) completed:

... and from the right hand side:

The seat gadget:

Image(nearly impossible to take photos showing the luggage details now :( , but we still have the "making of" photos :) )

LUW

Post by LUW » Sat May 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Holy F#%$!!! Image

And about the paint. One thing is to make the model better looking, and another is making the model more accurate. So if you feel that tone makes the car more close to the real thing in your eyes, that's the tone you have to go with. And as I said, lighting on a shot plays a part. If you want to show the "real" color of a model, shoot it outdoors, preferably with in overcast sky.
Image The Garage

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat May 27, 2017 1:30 pm

That looks VERY impressive. Looking at your pictures on my tiny phone screen it looks almost as if it's an unpainted diecast...

Jager

Post by Jager » Sat May 27, 2017 7:34 pm

That's come together brilliantly Jean.You must be very satisfied with the results.

David MG

Post by David MG » Sun May 28, 2017 3:41 am

Nice one Jean. I think the subtle approach works. Can't wait for the rad to go on and bring it to 'life'.
Cheers,
David

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Sun May 28, 2017 1:07 pm

LUW wrote:Holy F#%$!!! And about the paint. One thing is to make the model better looking, and another is making the model more accurate. So if you feel that tone makes the car more close to the real thing in your eyes, that's the tone you have to go with. And as I said, lighting on a shot plays a part. If you want to show the "real" color of a model, shoot it outdoors, preferably with in overcast sky.
Outdoor??? :shock: With the risk that a naughty squirrel captures the car in an unattended moment and drives away? :lol:
Tom wrote:That looks VERY impressive. Looking at your pictures on my tiny phone screen it looks almost as if it's an unpainted diecast...
I hope you will still have the opportunity to look at the pictures on a slightly larger screen... ;)
Jager wrote:That's come together brilliantly Jean.You must be very satisfied with the results.
Thank you! On one hand I am satisfied, but being an artist :oops: I of course see all the things which went completely wrong... and always hope that you won't see it...
David MG wrote:Nice one Jean. I think the subtle approach works. Can't wait for the rad to go on and bring it to 'life'.
I'm doing my varry best, Sir! ;)

And that's the status for today:

Licence plates, running boards and bonnet closures are added, headlights and the rod for the center headlight:

So the center headlight is still missing, and the windshield with wipers and so on. Will I complete it tomorrow :?: