Hi from John at SPR Models (New Zealand)

A forum to introduce yourself to the group
reeft1

Re: Hi from John at SPR Models (New Zealand)

Post by reeft1 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:17 pm

Arrived today. Well packed and HMC&E declined to intervene. Whats not to like. Thanks SPR.

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:30 pm

SuPeR service one might say ;)..That's how us Kiwis roll
Lars

SPR Models

Post by SPR Models » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:50 am

SuPeR ... nice! Haven't thought of that.

Over the years a number of Customers have asked about the name "SPR Models" and most assumed that it had something to do with SPaRk. The real answer is much simpler. Years ago I started up a small company to manufacture clubman racecars powered by mid-mounted Toyota MR2 Turbo engines. That company was called Sports Prototype Racing (SPR).

We eventually decided to close that business, but it still had some tax credits that we wanted to use up. So instead of closing it, we simply used the company for a model business we were starting. That was back in 2002, and the name has stuck. In fact the old SPR logo (that we only recently changed) was the bonnet badge used on our cars.

LM24HRS

Post by LM24HRS » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:04 am

Hi John. At last I have come around (slow I know) to exploring your website in more detail. I've been converted. Last night I signed on and ticked the box for your news letters, so you will shortly be adding another UK customer to your expanding customer base.

Primarily I'm an LM collector (user name gives it away really ;) ) but do get tempted by other race or for that matter road models. I'm currently looking at spending some of my hard earned cash in the direction of Looksmart models so I assume best to pre-order?

Looking forward to the SPR experience.
Paul - "Collecting Motorsport in Miniature; for the passion and its history".

protzenegger

Post by protzenegger » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi John!

Saw your inventory, signed up and placed an order :D Your prices are awesome, too! Looking forward to getting the model - cheers from California.
"It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability." -Bruce McLaren