Hello from Birmingham, Alabama

A forum to introduce yourself to the group
Tom

Re: Hello from Birmingham, Alabama

Postby Tom » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:23 pm

Black or white models are not on top of my list either. Tough to photograph, and they don't show off the shape well. I tend to buy all kinds of colours, to keep the display nice and varied. I have a favourite colour for most cars, and some cars just have to be one specific colour.

DeadCanDanceR

Postby DeadCanDanceR » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:30 pm

Very nice models! The Mercer looks quite attractive! ;)

Even though you haven't unpacked the rest of your collection, you could easily start a nice thread with the ones you've shown us. :)
-Julio-

grinbergs

Postby grinbergs » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:28 am

Nice to see some of your collection. About collecting cars of certain colour - I am certainly one of those that have gone perhaps "too far" with that... :lol: I only collect red cars. It all started with buying a few red ferraris, and that isn't very strange perhaps as most ferraris tend to be red. Well other italian marques followed in my collection and it seemed to be a good idea to stick with the red (as many italian cars tend to be red...). Then I started to collect american muscle cars in 1:64... well I kept them red too... just for the fun of it. And some other red cars too, and another one... and so on. Now both my 1:1 cars, and my motorcycle are red as well... :lol: But I don't necessarily think it is the nicest colour on every car though. :)

BertOne

Postby BertOne » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:39 am

Welcome to the forum. Re black cars, I find they're OK if the model is of an older car with plenty of chrome highlights such as old Rollers or American cars. I agree that black doesn't work as well on more modern cars where the definition and the shape of the car can just get lost.

69Stang

Postby 69Stang » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:04 am

Hey, another southern US neighbor!!!! I'm just up the road a bit in Chattanooga and too, am a convert in scale only I moved up from 1:64. welcome to the board, were glad your here and looking forward to more of your fine collection.

Ward
Racecar spelled backwards is STILL Racecar!

gilma

Postby gilma » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Hello,and welcome :)

Return to “Welcome”