I have just arrived from England!

A forum to introduce yourself to the group
105epaul

I have just arrived from England!

Post by 105epaul » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:07 pm

I met a user called 'Zeus' last Friday and he recommended that I join so here I am. A bit about me, I'm now retired (hurrah) so have much more time to indulge in my hobbies of collecting yet more model vehicles that I don't need (yeah right), motorsport as a spectator, old aircraft, trains and classic cars. When I was a boy I loved playing with my toy cars and now that I'm much older I still love buying them although I no longer play with them in the garden and bedroom! My collection is I think now over the 7,000 mark and I like all sorts of things but these days I mainly buy 1/43 scale unless I get tempted by something larger or smaller. These days most of the vehicles purchased are of classic cars etc as most modern cars are not really of interest to me, indeed I have trouble knowing what they are unless I can read the name badge. Now before any of you ask about posting some photos of my collection I have to confess that I am still in the process of getting a display room sorted out since I moved into my current abode two years ago so please bear with me, lol. I do own two old cars, a 1959 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe and a 1959 Ford Anglia 105E. Photos of these will appear in the 1:1 section. I guess that I've bored you all to death by now so please go about your business.

Paul

Tom

Re: I have just arrived from England!

Post by Tom » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Wow, 7000 models! :shock: Looking forward to your efforts in documenting your collection... putting them all in displays is a time-consuming operation, never mind photographing everything.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:20 pm

Welcome from another retiree. Looking forward to seeing pics of the 1:1s.

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:11 am

Welcome to the best place for 1/43 :)

You're talking about bug numbers! Would be great to have a glimpse at your museum :)
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

David MG

Post by David MG » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:21 am

GBOAC002 wrote:Welcome from another retiree. Looking forward to seeing pics of the 1:1s.
Welcome from the Senior Citizen, or am I?
Cheers,
David

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:29 am

Paul, Which bit of England do you reside in?

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:30 am

Thanks for the great into! Looking forward to learning more about your collection.
Jeff
ImageImage

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:18 am

welcome to the forums Paul, looking forward to seeing your collection

Jager

Post by Jager » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:03 am

Welcome Paul. I hope you enjoy the friendship of the like minded people here.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

LM24HRS

Post by LM24HRS » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:38 am

Hi Paul from another Paul.

Missed you at Race Retro, but glad you enjoyed the model displays. I was responsible for LM 1957 Jags and Lotus diorama and through this great forum, had a great deal of help and encouragement with it. Nice place to be.

Look forward to hearing more about your collection.
Paul - "Collecting Motorsport in Miniature; for the passion and its history".

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello Paul, good to see you on here. Look forward to seeing pics of the models & the real cars. Glad you enjoyed our displays 8-)
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Great introduction! Welcome to Scale143. ;)
-Julio-

carcollector

Post by carcollector » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Welcome to scale 143 Paul.I'm looking forward for your pics. You'll meet great people and friends here in the forum!

105epaul

Post by 105epaul » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:40 pm

GBOAC002 wrote:Paul, Which bit of England do you reside in?
I now live in Lincolnshire but was born in South East London more years ago than I care to admit! I moved here just over two years ago from North Kent and am enjoying life in a small village. And two more models came today with another on its way. Oh hang on, got three more coming from Germany!

105epaul

Post by 105epaul » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:44 pm

LM24HRS wrote:Hi Paul from another Paul.

Missed you at Race Retro, but glad you enjoyed the model displays. I was responsible for LM 1957 Jags and Lotus diorama and through this great forum, had a great deal of help and encouragement with it. Nice place to be.

Look forward to hearing more about your collection.
Hi Paul, you did meet me, i was the cheeky Londoner who was going to make off with your excellent display! Not that I was at all envious you understand, lol. Great dioramas, I do have a fair few racing cars tucked away. I did buy some more at Race Retro. Great show but it wore me out!

105epaul

Post by 105epaul » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Zeus wrote:Hello Paul, good to see you on here. Look forward to seeing pics of the models & the real cars. Glad you enjoyed our displays 8-)
Hi Zeus, it was great to meet you and I enjoyed our chat. Talking of pics I may need some help in posting them as when I tried to post pics of my real cars they were too large? As a Luddite I'm not sure how to get around that so any help will be gratefully received and completely misunderstood! My pics are hosted on my laptop and not a hosting site.

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:18 pm

105epaul wrote:
Zeus wrote:Hello Paul, good to see you on here. Look forward to seeing pics of the models & the real cars. Glad you enjoyed our displays 8-)
Hi Zeus, it was great to meet you and I enjoyed our chat. Talking of pics I may need some help in posting them as when I tried to post pics of my real cars they were too large? As a Luddite I'm not sure how to get around that so any help will be gratefully received and completely misunderstood! My pics are hosted on my laptop and not a hosting site.
Hi Paul was good chat about real and road cars your anglebox and impala plus hotrods.

You will have to sign up to photobucket to host the images. When you have done that and put them on there message me and I'll sort a how to to share the images
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

dcast

Post by dcast » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi and welcome :) Sounds like you have interesting and big collection.

grinbergs

Post by grinbergs » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:11 am

Welcome to S143! Sounds like you have a pretty impressive collection going. Looking forward to seeing it. :)

105epaul

Post by 105epaul » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Zeus wrote:
105epaul wrote:
Hi Paul was good chat about real and road cars your anglebox and impala plus hotrods.

You will have to sign up to photobucket to host the images. When you have done that and put them on there message me and I'll sort a how to to share the images
I have now got a photobucket page and have hosted some images there so now all I need are your easy to understand instructions on how to share them on here!

grinbergs

Post by grinbergs » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Here is a thread you might find helpful;

http://scale143.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7277

105epaul

Post by 105epaul » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:59 pm

grinbergs wrote:Here is a thread you might find helpful;

http://scale143.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7277
Thank you Johan, I was looking for something like that and I've just submitted some photos of two of my real cars to the 1:1 topic. Hopefully it all worked properly!

Paul

105epaul

Post by 105epaul » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:00 pm

105epaul wrote:
Zeus wrote:
105epaul wrote:

I have now got a photobucket page and have hosted some images there so now all I need are your easy to understand instructions on how to share them on here!
I think that Johan has pointed me in the right direction and with a bit of luck the Impala and Anglia will appear in the 1:1 topic in due course.

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:35 pm

105epaul wrote:
Zeus wrote:
105epaul wrote:

Hi Paul, all instructions are here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5204

let me know if you need assistance 8-)