Scale 143 Global Membership

A forum to introduce yourself to the group
Jager

Scale 143 Global Membership

Post by Jager » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:11 am

Linked below is a global map showing many of the longstanding members and major contributors to the Scale 1:43 Forum. As this was originally buried within another thread, with Jeff's agreement we've given it its own home here to help both new and existing members learn a little more about who we are and where we are.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewe ... LtS0PZVgcc

To navigate around the map, just hold down your left mouse key and drag the part of the map you want to see to the centre of your screen, then use the "+" and "-" buttons in the bottom right corner to zoom in and out on a particular region.

Inclusion here is purely at the forum member's discretion. Anyone who would prefer their details weren't shown just needs to PM me to have them removed. Equally, if you'd like to appear on the map and I haven't included you, its probably because I don't have your location. Just PM me the details and I'll happily include you.

As a rough guide, the typical criteria for inclusion of new members here is an active contribution to the forum for at least 6 months, and/or 50 posts.

I still have about 15 - 20 key members who are not included because I don't have the specifics of their location (just the nearest town is fine). You know who you are, so please don't be shy sending me your details :) .

I hope you all find it of interest.
Last edited by Jager on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Skylinefreak

Re: Scale 143 Global Membership

Post by Skylinefreak » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:36 am

Excellent idea, it would've gone lost in the other thread.
South African collector of Skylines...

johann.nunweiller

Post by johann.nunweiller » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:40 am

Super!

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:51 am

I appear to be in Maidstone Prison :lol:
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

David MG

Post by David MG » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:33 am

scalainj wrote:I appear to be in Maidstone Prison :lol:
Best place for you, methinks :lol:
Cheers,
David

Jager

Post by Jager » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 am

David MG wrote:
Best place for you, methinks :lol:
Andy, I figured you had to be robbing banks to afford all those new releases :D .

Actually its just the default Google position for Kent, but PM me something more accurate and I'll adjust the location.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:24 am

My location on the map is ok although we should be just west of the M25/M23 intersection.

Jager

Post by Jager » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:38 am

GBOAC002 wrote:My location on the map is ok although we should be just west of the M25/M23 intersection.
Thanks. I found a Pub called the "Red Lion" in Redhill, so I put you there :D .

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:52 am

Great idea! :)
-Julio-

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:56 am

Surprisingly, Google pinpointed me about 200 feet away from where my Moms house is.
Very good.
Jeff
ImageImage

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:43 am

I'm a little further east - closer to (but not precisely at): 33.014709,-97.096825

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:00 am

I'll soon be on the list as I've given Ian the particulars...afraid I'm either going to show at my local Post Office or heading to the landfill with empty cardboard shipping boxes :P

BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:49 am

In a tux no less :P

BB

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:09 pm

While we're on the subject of prisons and likely candidates Redhill does/did in fact have a real 'baddie' (recently deceased):
I found a Pub called the "Red Lion" in Redhill, so I put you there
The very same pub where Ronnie Biggs - one of the Great Train Robbery gang members - drank when he worked for the local Parks department.....

You'll note I haven't quite got the hang of this Quote business.

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Really enjoying this S143 Map! Particularly good insight to the members on the British Isles :) Have a new perspective as to what part of the UK many members are located, I was far off before in my mental image for most. For some reason I thought of DavidMG in an entirely different part of the UK!

The wonders of the internet 8-) Thanks Al :lol:

BB

Rat

Post by Rat » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Sounds like a great idea but I'm just getting a blank page.

Edit: IE wouldn't open it but Google Chrome did. According to the pin's location, I live at City Hall right downtown. :lol: I wish my house was that big, I could expand my collection and throw in a couple hundred 1/1's. My house is about 17 km south of there.

grinbergs

Post by grinbergs » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Apparently I live in a tent on the town square of the city of Örebro. More accurately I live in a small town called Kungsör some 100 km east of Örebro, but it is in the region so it will do for me. I am also one of those that enjoy this map really much. Nice to see where you guys live and some surprises I could find. Still a couple of people missing, dcast in Finland and Cold Scott and TR for example. Thanks for setting this map up. :)

danny

Post by danny » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:31 pm

according the map , i live in a shoppng mall which burned off 4 years ago . it must be about 500 meters to the west.

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:36 pm

I'm at the Huddle House, anyone for waffles and coffee :lol:

Ian is doing a wonderful job with this, great fun 8-)

BB

Jager

Post by Jager » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:01 am

Rat wrote:According to the pin's location, I live at City Hall right downtown. :lol: I wish my house was that big, I could expand my collection and throw in a couple hundred 1/1's. My house is about 17 km south of there.
Thanks Tom. By my calculations that would put you somewhere near the Shawnessy Centre. Hope that's OK.
grinbergs wrote:Apparently I live in a tent on the town square of the city of Örebro. More accurately I live in a small town called Kungsör some 100 km east of Örebro, but it is in the region so it will do for me. I am also one of those that enjoy this map really much. Nice to see where you guys live and some surprises I could find. Still a couple of people missing, dcast in Finland and Cold Scott and TR for example. Thanks for setting this map up. :)
Thanks Johann. I found a business called "Kamerservice Kungsör AB", so figured that was an appropriate place to 'pin' you.

You'll find 'TR' is already on the map (the list of names in the panel on the left should be in alphabetic order). I'm following up dcast, BertOne, Simon and RaceOddity, but you've lost me with 'Cold Scott' - who are you referring to ? If I've missed anyone else significant please let me know.
danny wrote:according the map , i live in a shoppng mall which burned off 4 years ago . it must be about 500 meters to the west.
Danny, how does the Brouwerij De Fontein sound ?
GarageOnAWall wrote:I'm at the Huddle House, anyone for waffles and coffee :lol:

Ian is doing a wonderful job with this, great fun 8-)

BB
Glad everyone is enjoying this - thanks to all the posts here and the PM's its grown quite quickly.

You'll see in some cases I've been able to add photo's where people have posted their pictures in the 'Meet the Collector' or 'Post Your Mug Here' threads.

For anyone who would like to include a picture to their location just PM me a link. Equally, if you'd prefer your picture taken down or changed that's fine too - just let me know.

mikeC

Post by mikeC » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:32 am

I've moved into Mr Straw's House, which is perhaps five miles north of where I thought I was:

But this is entirely appropriate; Mr Straw lived there his entire life, and never updated anything, so it's a complete time-warp of the 1920s, my favourite period :D

Thanks, Jager, I'll just move some of those books, and I'll have all the display cabinets I need :lol:
Mike

David MG

Post by David MG » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:43 am

Ian,
You were not far off with my location. I am in the centre of a village called Babell in Flintshire.
Cheers,
David

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:58 am

As i've done my time, could you move me to Tunbridge Wells please
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

grinbergs

Post by grinbergs » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:11 am

Jager wrote:
Thanks Johann. I found a business called "Kamerservice Kungsör AB", so figured that was an appropriate place to 'pin' you.

You'll find 'TR' is already on the map (the list of names in the panel on the left should be in alphabetic order). I'm following up dcast, BertOne, Simon and RaceOddity, but you've lost me with 'Cold Scott' - who are you referring to ? If I've missed anyone else significant please let me know.
Thanks, and it was a near perfect place to pin me - I can see that spot from my window. Cold Scott is RaceOddity, and with TR I of course meant RT and I later found him as well on the map (another of those I would have thought of living in a different part of the US).