My Hot Wheels collection

zimbo

Re: My Hot Wheels collection

Post by zimbo » Thu May 04, 2017 5:23 am

Decided it was time to put all my various bags of HWs from this years shopping trips into one place and this is the outcome (or a small portion of it anyway...)

These ones in this pic are the ADULT collectibles with the real rubber tyres/tires and metal bodies and metal bases.

This Landrover 5-pack I only bought because it was on sale as the original retail price was far far too much and the sale price point was perfect :lol:

The three colours for this year so far on the Focus RS

These are my most recent additions
Alistair

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:35 am

You have been a busy boy. When you said adult collectibles I was thinking something different. :lol:
I am told 2 boxes with your name arrived yesterday.
Jeff
ImageImage

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Thu May 04, 2017 10:24 am

JSB33 wrote:You have been a busy boy. When you said adult collectibles I was thinking something different. :lol:
I am told 2 boxes with your name arrived yesterday.
Now now Jeff, get your mind out of the gutter :lol:

Woohoo, that's great news, these are the ones I ordered a year ago (made to order) and they have finally been done and now currently being delivered, this years car goes up for order in a couple of weeks time ('66 Gasser Nova)
Alistair

Simon

Post by Simon » Thu May 04, 2017 11:18 am

You have been busy!

Strangely addictive these little buggers eh?

Been keeping an eye out for the lime Matchbox Mini, the Fiat 500X......and what is the Matchbox red saloon in the left hand column second from the top?

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Thu May 04, 2017 6:33 pm

Simon wrote:You have been busy!

Strangely addictive these little buggers eh?

Been keeping an eye out for the lime Matchbox Mini, the Fiat 500X......and what is the Matchbox red saloon in the left hand column second from the top?
:lol: this is just a little drop in the ocean of HWs

These little buggers are EXTREMELY addictive!!

If you still have trouble finding the mini and the green Fiat 500X let me know and I'll send you a couple. The red car is the modern version of the Chrysler 300C.
Alistair

dcast

Post by dcast » Thu May 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Wow, quite a haul :) Have added only two 1/64's myself this year.

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Sat May 20, 2017 1:56 pm

Great adds Alistair 8-) . Love the Superman T2, looking for that with no success. Also looking for GOTG Milano plus the Blue Eibach Miata.
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Sat May 27, 2017 12:09 pm

My newest additions that I found on Thursday, AND one of them is the first and only one I have ever seen or found and I have since been to four other stores to find another with no luck ...not only that but it is now on its way to Jeff as well ;) I hope you take great care of it and I'm sure you'll love it as I know its a casting you love to collect and I knew exactly who I was going to be sending it to once I spotted it mate. I will find eventually find myself another one for my collection.

Alistair

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Mon May 29, 2017 12:44 pm

Nice additions Alistair, not seen any of those around here
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Well here is my latest update with my newest arrivals. These were acquired from the US, between mty brother and one of my work colleagues I managed to get a complete set of these new Car Culture series (little logo in the top right hand corner of the card) this series so far has been excellent and the rest for 2018 are looking just as amazing!!, thankfully my little 10minute tutorial on what to look for has paid off :lol:

Alistair

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:06 pm

Those are excellent!

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:40 pm

zimbo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:51 pm
Well here is my latest update with my newest arrivals. These were acquired from the US, between mty brother and one of my work colleagues I managed to get a complete set of these new Car Culture series (little logo in the top right hand corner of the card) this series so far has been excellent and the rest for 2018 are looking just as amazing!!, thankfully my little 10minute tutorial on what to look for has paid off :lol:

Love that set :o

Jager

Post by Jager » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:11 pm

I do like the fact Hot Wheels seem to making a lot more 'authentic' looking cars these days rather than cartoonish interpretations with wild graphics that they used to make. If I wasn't disciplined I could easily see myself starting a collection of these, especially the BMW, Porsche and Mercedes above.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:24 am

I may need your contact in America as I have not seen any of these :lol:
Jeff
ImageImage

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:56 am

JSB33 wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:24 am
I may need your contact in America as I have not seen any of these :lol:
:lol: these were purchased by my brother and one of my work colleagues while they were on holiday/vacation with their families in Orlando a couple of weeks ago. You should be able to find them or older or possibly even newer ones from Walmarts, Targets, Kmart, Toys'r'us and almost anywhere that sells toys even pharmacies too apparently!
Alistair