Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 27620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by scalainj » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:39 am

Tom wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:57 am
Capris always made great racers. Love it.
They certainly did that Tom. Cheers
Simon wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:09 am
RS200 looks great.......looking forward to getting mine.

Capri is very appealing too.....great period colour too.
Both excellent models mate however the RS200 is a lot better. You'll love it
Alfaholic wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:05 am
A Mark 1 Capri from the track - put me down as a fan.
Duly noted Martin :D
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 27620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by scalainj » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:48 am

The Porsche 911R was first shown at the 2016 Geneva motor show and is very similar to the GT3 RS but without the roll cage and rear wing. Consequently it is 50kg lighter and due to it's lower drag has a higher top speed at just north of 200mph. Also it only comes with a 6 speed manual, re-introduced to the 911 after feedback about lack of a manual option. Production was limited to 991 examples prior to the introduction of the revised 991.2

Spark DE - Porsche 911R
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 17233
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by Tom » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:56 am

What a cool car and model. Would be nice to have in 43.

GBOAC002
Posts: 7362
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm
Location: Surrey, UK.

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by GBOAC002 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:48 am

Those yellow highlights certainly offset the otherwise dull grey. I agree with Tom that it would work well in 1:43.

Simon
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:39 am
Location: UK

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by Simon » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:16 am

Will you stop posting such fantastic 1:18 DE models please!

Like this a lot......grey looks great....would prefer with black wheels though. Not sure I'd have the parking restriction stripes over the top, but a lovely looking model nonetheless.

User avatar
LUW
Posts: 2571
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:39 am
Location: Brazil, cold South

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by LUW » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:51 am

VERY nice. Shame it's too big :D
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

User avatar
zimbo
Posts: 5032
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:48 am

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by zimbo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! That looks awesome, numbered plinth as well.... :mrgreen:
Alistair

Image

URQRR20V
Posts: 2302
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:00 pm
Location: City of the Blue Propeller

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by URQRR20V » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:33 pm

Superb pictures Andy - glad we got our orders in early. Did you ever get the Otto GT 047 Porsche 911 (997) Sport Classic 2014. Would make a fantastic picture. :D

GBOAC002
Posts: 7362
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm
Location: Surrey, UK.

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by GBOAC002 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:53 am

Good to see you are still with us Paul.

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 27620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by scalainj » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:42 am

Tom wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:56 am
What a cool car and model. Would be nice to have in 43.
Thanks Tom. Not sure if this colour combination has been released in 43rd but there have been quite a few others
GBOAC002 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:48 am
Those yellow highlights certainly offset the otherwise dull grey. I agree with Tom that it would work well in 1:43.
I'm not sure if I would prefer it with or without the yellow. I looked at the variations and this was the second best but my first choice had sold out
Simon wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:16 am
Will you stop posting such fantastic 1:18 DE models please!

Like this a lot......grey looks great....would prefer with black wheels though. Not sure I'd have the parking restriction stripes over the top, but a lovely looking model nonetheless.
OK, i will for now

I like the grey a lot and likewise i'm not 100% sure about the double yellows either
LUW wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:51 am
VERY nice. Shame it's too big :D
Thanks. The size would depend on your point of view :)
zimbo wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:48 pm
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! That looks awesome, numbered plinth as well.... :mrgreen:
It's pretty cool mate i have to agree. Yes all individually numbered 8-)
URQRR20V wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:33 pm
Superb pictures Andy - glad we got our orders in early. Did you ever get the Otto GT 047 Porsche 911 (997) Sport Classic 2014. Would make a fantastic picture. :D
Thanks Paul.
I didn't get the GTS version but i do have the Spark DE. At some point i'l shoot them together with the DE GT3 RS i have as well
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest