Porsche 911 991 GT3 RS Exklusive Manufaktur white with red

stefschu

Porsche 911 991 GT3 RS Exklusive Manufaktur white with red

Post by stefschu » Wed May 10, 2017 8:30 am

I have bought each color of Porsche´s 991 GT3 RS from Spark in 1/18. As I saw in Nurneberg that Minichamps (closed diecast), GT Spirit (closed resine) and Autoart (openable composite) also will produce the 991 GT3 RS I decided to sell nearly all my GT3 RS. I just kept the regular silver one and the IAA edition from Porsche.

I sold all the others. All? No, the price for the white one dropped down that much that I decided not to sell this one. But what to do? What about a conversion? Great idea! I did some brainstorming together with a friend. We were thinking about red rims. My friend made a Martini conversion for a customer and he was at a point where the white base model got red rims (without Martini decals). Had a quick look on it - and - it was nice but still a little bit too naked. Cartima would have called this version "Japan edition" :lol:

So we were thinking about a sister model of the IAA edition. And we found an original at Porsche. I don´t like fantasy models, so there had to be an original:

I don´t like the semi-painted side mirrors and I also don´t like the red plates of the wing. So I have to change a little bit my strategy "No fantasy models" ;) I told him to paint the mirrors in red and the plates of the wing in black. He also painted the rollcage in white as it was black. And the car now is nearly like the original.

Positive and negative :lol: :

The red stripe is more in the middle than it seems in this pic.

LUW

Re: Porsche 911 991 GT3 RS Exklusive Manufaktur white with red

Post by LUW » Wed May 10, 2017 8:38 am

Wow! That looks VERY good! I don't collect road cars but I could find myself buying that one in the right scale.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

thetrooper

Post by thetrooper » Wed May 10, 2017 9:50 am

In 1:1 I'd be happy with either of those.
Steve

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed May 10, 2017 10:39 am

Love it.

Simon

Post by Simon » Fri May 12, 2017 4:49 am

Great model......outstanding conversion.

I missed out on the DE GT3 RS.....particularly wanted the purple one.....though as you say many other makes are now in the pipeline. Still prefer a DE though!

stefschu

Post by stefschu » Sat May 13, 2017 4:35 am

I don´t know what to think about Minichamps closed diecast. There was no sample at the toy fair in Nurenberg. Price will be around 99 Euro. I saw the blue one at the stand from GT Spirit and it looked very good. I am gold customer at the club from GT Spirit so I will pay 80 Euro plus 9 Euro shipping. Autoart will be to late with their GT3 RS. And until now I am no fried of this composite material mix. For the new models the need magnets to hold the hoods. And the prices from some Autoart models are stupid. I had the 918 sample in my hands in Nurenberg and I will never pay > 200 Euro for such a model. Ok, the 918 will also come in riviera blue, so never say never :roll:

Btw. Modelissimo, CK and Little Bolide have ordered the rare colors at GT Spirit (lava orange and ultraviolet).