Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

scalainj
Site Admin

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by scalainj » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:47 am

Two additions themes this year - a 1/18 one to be found in this forum and a 1/43 to be found in the normal place. So to kick off

First of the year for me is from Otto of France and is a 1/18th sealed Resin model of Citroens small car of the 80's & 90's.
This model represents the first version Sport which was the first 'Higher' performance version offering twin Solex carbs on its 1.3 giving 95hp coupled with the French tradition of white steel wheels for their small performance versions. However when combined with a basic weight of 640kg due to the use of many plastic panels in non stressed areas this little buzz box certainly didn't hang around. Locally we called them plastic pigs due to this.

Ottomobile - Citroen AX Sport

Andy
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

scalainj
Site Admin

Re: My 2010 additions in 1/18

Post by scalainj » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:57 am

Another one from Otto of France and is a 1/18th sealed Resin model of Peugeots small car of the 80's and early 90's
This model represents the 1.3 Rallye which was the first version offering twin Weber carbs on its 1.3 giving 102hp coupled with the French tradition of white steel wheels for their small performance versions. Most soundproofing and electrics were removed to give a basic weight of 795kg coupled with front suspension from the 1.9 Gti and rear suspension from the 1.6 gti this little buzz box certainly didn't hang around. The 205 is a great car to drive and this one is no exception and their handling is difficult or in some cases downright dangerous. One of these was responsible for me exiting stage left and meeting 2 trees hard when the rear suspension failed mid corner back in 2005.

Ottomobile - Peugeot 205 Rallye

Andy
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

CraigyGT

Post by CraigyGT » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:25 pm

They both look excellent. Nice add's Andy.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Been trying to think of a nice way to say that i am glad they are in your collection (and not mine :o ) but I can't.
I guess you had to be there to appreciate these cars. ;)

It does look like Otto really delivered them in all their beauty?
Jeff
ImageImage

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:39 am

CraigyGT wrote:They both look excellent. Nice add's Andy.
cheers Craig
JSB33 wrote:Been trying to think of a nice way to say that i am glad they are in your collection (and not mine :o ) but I can't.
I guess you had to be there to appreciate these cars. ;)

It does look like Otto really delivered them in all their beauty?
I think you had to drive them Jeff for all they were worth over the nastiest surfaced twisting B road you could find to appreciate them. Hopefully at the end you wouldn't meet the trees. Otto is delivering the goods i have to say and at 39 euro a pop they are a bargain.

Alfa time again.

Originally introduced as an unnamed concept at Expo 67 in Montreal with a 1600 four pot from the Giulia GT the production model arrived called Montreal in 1970 featuring a 2.6 litre fuel injected dry sump V8 producing 200 horses with a LSD. Remained in production for 7 years.

One of the latest models from Autoart and very welcome in my book. Nicely made with all usual opening features plus retractable headlamp covers, opening luggage space and a bonnet stay. All in all its the kind of model you expect from AUTOart. My only critiscm is that the rear rides too high.

Autoart - Alfa Romeo Montreal 1970

Andy
Andy

Simon

Post by Simon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:09 am

Those Otto models are soooooooooo nice. Beginning to wish I had started to collect these myself.

Simon

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Nice Montreal. Red is such an odd color, shouldn't it be baby diaper orange or whats in my nose green or some other putrid color? :lol:
Jeff
ImageImage

jinx

Post by jinx » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:38 pm

Great Alfa Andy - although as Jeff says, Lime Green or Orange seem to suit it better - so '70s.

February's issue of Classic & Sportscar has a comparison between the Montreal & the Citroen SM (at least the third they've done since I started buying the magazine!) - two of my favourite cars of all time. Has someone (Norev?) made a 1:18 SM to sit alongside it?

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:24 am

OMG!!! :o That Montreal looks stunning! :o
-Julio-

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:20 am

Cheers guys :)

Simon - you should have collected the Otto series - i'm getting PMs on DX asking to buy them from me!

Montreal is also coming out in Brown, Orange & Silver. Now if it had been in green that would have been the one but red it is for me

Norev have made a SM but the only ones i've seen have been Gendarmarie - perhaps a chase scene?

Andy
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:18 am

Next up is my first SUV. The Sport was introduced in 2005 after the unveiling of the Range Stormer concept was very wellreceived. Not technically a Range Rover as such, as its based on a shortened Land Rover LR3 platform, the Sport is the smallest in the range and it is Land Rovers response to vehicles such as the X5 and Cayenne. Perhaps not as handy on road as its rivals it still is a quick vehicle which happens to have the added the bonus of the usual Land Rover off road abilities, something its rivals cannot offer to the same degree

Autoart - Land Rover Range Rover Sport

Andy
Andy

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:41 am

Always liked this one. Looks like AA did a nice job.
Jeff
ImageImage

frenchy

Post by frenchy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:38 pm

JSB33 wrote:Always liked this one. Looks like AA did a nice job.
Me to Andy!!!
Only one thing spoils it for me....they can make opening doors/bonnet/tailgate...if not an opening fuel filler flap make it a seperate piece cos the moulding only lets down an otherwise very fine model IMHO.
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.

Galaxy Gaz

Post by Galaxy Gaz » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:22 pm

That looks like a nice model Andy . I was thinking of buying one for my sisters hubby`s birthday and getting some number plates made up for him as he owns a 1:1 Sport

:flag_gb: Gary

Porsche......Evolution , not Revolution

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm

They did - it is very accurate to the original i think other than a raised ride height - which seems to be all too common on 1/18 with 'suspension'
frenchy wrote:
Me to Andy!!!
Only one thing spoils it for me....they can make opening doors/bonnet/tailgate...if not an opening fuel filler flap make it a seperate piece cos the moulding only lets down an otherwise very fine model IMHO.
Thanks. I suspect its a cost thing - not sure how much 2 or 3 extra parts cost to develop, tool and assemble but knowing AA something lik that would push the price up further. We don't want that
Sir Gary wrote:That looks like a nice model Andy . I was thinking of buying one for my sisters hubby`s birthday and getting some number plates made up for him as he owns a 1:1 Sport

Well its an accurate representation of the real thing - raised ride height and missing the side plates from the pictured vehicle aside. But they do it in black and its a cracking model. Has to be to get me to buy this type of car. Set of those Minchamps plates should set it off niely

Andy
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Second of the dealer edition R8 V10s from Kyosho is this Suzuka Grey version with its quattro GMBH paintwork. Has the same headlamp fault as the blue version which should hopefully be corrected for the shop version. In addition it turned up as a box of bits which had to be put back together. Nothing was broken or damaged though so perhaps not enough glue was used. This was my 2nd Kyosho received like this recently unfortunately the first was beyond repair and had to be returned.

This is my 8th R8 in this scale now

Kyosho DE - Audi R8 V10

Andy
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:14 am

I've been after this particular model since i started collecting years back - i missed out on it originally and its been difficult to find in good condition in a box.
It does need a clean a polish and compared to todays offerings its a little crude but from 3 feet away it looks just fine in its resplendant Alfa Corse livery.

Alessandro Nannini was a talented Formula 1 driver making his debut in 1986 driving first for Minardi and then Benetton taking victory the 1989 Japanese GP. The 1990 season he was teamed with veteran Nelson Piquet and by the second half of the season Nannini was putting in good performances and results. Unfortunatly prior to the season end he was involved in a helicopter crash which severed his right hand and forearm which finished his F1 career. The arm was re-attached and in 1992 Aleesandro was driving for Alfa in the Italin car championship, moving up to class one DTM in 1993. Due to the restricted use of his arm Alfa developed a dual change mechanism for the car (see drivers seat picture) and he was blindingly fast in a somewhat unreliable car. He continued to drive for Alfa until 1997 when he swapped to Mercedes for the World GT championship finishing joint fifth. He retired in 1998.

UT Models/Minichamps - Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti - 1993 DTM - Alessandro Nannini

and as a comparison here it is lined up with a 1/43 from HPI and 1/24 from Tamiya constructed by myself

Andy
Andy

RaceOddity
Location: I come from the land of ice and snow....or Calgary,Canada if you prefer.

Post by RaceOddity » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:28 am

Really like the R8. The sound they make under full acceleration is something to behold...

Scott

niki23

Post by niki23 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Stunning additions Andy, I really like the Montreal and the R8 in particular.

Your Russian doll Alfas look great in those groupshots too, but you're missing the 1/87 scale version! :D
http://www.galerie.1zu87.com/1zu87_Alfa ... _3407.html

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:21 am

RaceOddity wrote:Really like the R8. The sound they make under full acceleration is something to behold...

Scott
Cheers mate :)
niki23 wrote:Stunning additions Andy, I really like the Montreal and the R8 in particular.

Your Russian doll Alfas look great in those groupshots too, but you're missing the 1/87 scale version! :D
http://www.galerie.1zu87.com/1zu87_Alfa ... _3407.html
Thanks Niki :)
Not sure i want to go that small - not unless i build circuit on my MR!

Next up is not my usual thing at all but as i was feeling all patriotic I picked this up. One of only 6 F1 cars i own and not a bad model of rather an ugly prototype.

Minichamps - Brawn BGP001 - Jenson Button - Australia 2009 - 1st

Andy
Andy

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:37 am

I think I like this years MB livery better. I am all for plain looking race cars but something is missing on this one for me.
Are Jensens hands ok? :mrgreen:

The rest looks first rate. It must be a nightmare to make the moulds for modern F1 cars, just look at the front wing!
Jeff
ImageImage

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:44 am

To be fair i agree - this livery is not the best and the shape doesn't help at all

He i think had a bad attack of arthritus as he crossed the lines and MC did a fine job in replicating the moment ;)

Andy
Andy

RaceOddity
Location: I come from the land of ice and snow....or Calgary,Canada if you prefer.

Post by RaceOddity » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Patriotism or not... I think you might have been better off suffering an arthritis attack whilst reaching for your wallet... ;)
I can't figure out what.. but I just don't like this one much...

Scott

guitardave_1

Post by guitardave_1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:30 pm

I must be very much the odd one out. The Brawn shape and livery were some of my favourites last year. The front wing still looks daft, but the Brawn wasn't unique in that department. I like the lower nose compared to the high and sharp designs on the Red Bull (and many of this year's cars), and the sidepods looked very 'sculpted'.

All a matter of taste clearly!

I am rather hoping I might be unwrapping a 43rd scale Brawn in a couple of days time... :)
Click my banner to visit my diecast site