Re: Scalainj's additions in 1/18

User avatar
Serafa
Posts: 942
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:00 pm
Location: São Paulo / Brazil

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby Serafa » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:15 am

I recently discored the purpose of those rear wings:
Image

I'm just joking, it's a great car and model. The BBS wheels make the livery look even greater.
Image

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 2356
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby Alfaholic » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:51 pm

[quote="scalainjUnderstandable Martin, it's not your scale. It is a fantastic model that has captured the car to a tee. You see them around still? Haven't seen one in donkeys. Imagine our damp climate killed most of them[/quote]

They are mainly seen at car shows or old-car events like this one - but I guess the cost of restoration would be way more than the end value. There are still one or two running around Sydney, usually driven by student or older professor types.
Image
Martin

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 26947
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby scalainj » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:06 am

Tom wrote:Drooool!


Too much Jagermeister my friend? ;)
MC have captured the car well all the way down to the thinner wheels and tyres in the wider arches.

Serafa wrote:I recently discored the purpose of those rear wings:
Image

I'm just joking, it's a great car and model. The BBS wheels make the livery look even greater.


Well it's a better use than a picnic table or drinks holder :)
Thanks Bruno

Alfaholic wrote:[quote="scalainj]Understandable Martin, it's not your scale. It is a fantastic model that has captured the car to a tee. You see them around still? Haven't seen one in donkeys. Imagine our damp climate killed most of them[/quote]

They are mainly seen at car shows or old-car events like this one - but I guess the cost of restoration would be way more than the end value. There are still one or two running around Sydney, usually driven by student or older professor types.
Image[/quote]


You are probably right on the restoration costs vs value. Bit of shame that yesteryears everyday cars are now becoming rarer than the exotics
Thanks for the photo - i'd be pretty happy with one of them in the garage
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 26947
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby scalainj » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:39 am

Introduced in 1977 the Aston Martin V8 Vantage shared it's engine with the Lagonda but it had high performance camshafts, an increased compression ratio, larger inlet valves and bigger carburettors mounted on new manifolds for an increased output of 375hp of which 38 were built. The Oscar India version, introduced in late 1978, featured an integrated tea-tray spoiler and smoother bonnet bulge plus a slight increase in power to 390hp

Although it was based on the Aston Martin V8 it was badge as a separate model due to the number of changes, the most noticeable being the closed-off hood bulge and grille area with twin driving lights inserted and a spoiler added to the boot lid.

304 Series 2 Vantage coupés were built. Autoart have modelled a 1985 Series 2

Autoart - Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

johann.nunweiller
Posts: 3920
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:40 am
Location: Bucharest
Contact:

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby johann.nunweiller » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:20 am

Alfaholic wrote:[quote="scalainjUnderstandable Martin, it's not your scale. It is a fantastic model that has captured the car to a tee. You see them around still? Haven't seen one in donkeys. Imagine our damp climate killed most of them


They are mainly seen at car shows or old-car events like this one - but I guess the cost of restoration would be way more than the end value. There are still one or two running around Sydney, usually driven by student or older professor types.
][/quote]

They were made under license in Romania.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacia_1300

Dacia 1300 Taxi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJirtsR2OWw

User avatar
rotormotor
Posts: 2935
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: Wellington ~ New Zealand

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby rotormotor » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:35 am

Image


Nice.

The last of the proper shape Porsche ..probably even the BEST shape.
Lars
ImageImageImage

GBOAC002
Posts: 6851
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm
Location: Surrey, UK.

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby GBOAC002 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:51 am

Aston Oscar looks 'the biz'. Nice add.

Many moons ago I recall being a passenger in a non Vantage job. The chap who had bought it second hand said he'd always wanted one of these cars. When it was on the move he apologised that it was running on less than 8 cylinders and too late had now realised this car was going to be a massive money pit.... I think he got it fixed and moved it on very soon afterwards.

User avatar
Galaxy Gaz
Posts: 4142
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:35 am
Location: UK

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby Galaxy Gaz » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:09 am

Aston has me drooling.....beautiful model Andy , congrats :D
Image

User avatar
Simon
Posts: 2109
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:39 am
Location: UK

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby Simon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 am

Aston looks great......have been close to picking one up myself.

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 15039
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby Tom » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Fantastic Aston. Wish I had the room to keep my 1:18s, this makes a great case for the scale.

User avatar
grinbergs
Posts: 6060
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:06 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby grinbergs » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Aston is so timeless.... it felt almost old when it came (not that I was around in 1970 when this style of body came but...), but only gets better and better looking for each year. Engine bay looks pretty tasty and detailed. :)

User avatar
GarageOnAWall
Posts: 5863
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby GarageOnAWall » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:37 pm

I'll be another to chime in with praise for the Aston, both in 1:1 and from Autoart. Andy, I think you also have a GT Spirit version, how does this compare? I know the AA has opening bits, but other than that are they in the same league? I would consider adding this along with the sealed car, but I cannot have both :? BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 26947
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby scalainj » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:16 am

johann.nunweiller wrote:
Alfaholic wrote:
scalainjUnderstandable Martin, it's not your scale. It is a fantastic model that has captured the car to a tee. You see them around still? Haven't seen one in donkeys. Imagine our damp climate killed most of them


They are mainly seen at car shows or old-car events like this one - but I guess the cost of restoration would be way more than the end value. There are still one or two running around Sydney, usually driven by student or older professor types.
]


They were made under license in Romania.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacia_1300

Dacia 1300 Taxi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJirtsR2OWw[/quote]

Thanks for the links Johann

[quote="rotormotor wrote:Image


Nice.

The last of the proper shape Porsche ..probably even the BEST shape.


Thanks Lars. It sure is a great shape

GBOAC002 wrote:Aston Oscar looks 'the biz'. Nice add.

Many moons ago I recall being a passenger in a non Vantage job. The chap who had bought it second hand said he'd always wanted one of these cars. When it was on the move he apologised that it was running on less than 8 cylinders and too late had now realised this car was going to be a massive money pit.... I think he got it fixed and moved it on very soon afterwards.


Cheers Ian

Even with less than 8 I suspect it was still a wonderful experience. Fully working and immaculate this is a car that's never going to be cheap to run I think

Galaxy Gaz wrote:Aston has me drooling.....beautiful model Andy , congrats :D


Thanks very much Gary. Also available in red and blue from AA :D

Simon wrote:Aston looks great......have been close to picking one up myself.


Cheers Simon. Do so it's very nice

Tom wrote:Fantastic Aston. Wish I had the room to keep my 1:18s, this makes a great case for the scale.


It does exactly that Tom. It's a super example of 1/18

grinbergs wrote:Aston is so timeless.... it felt almost old when it came (not that I was around in 1970 when this style of body came but...), but only gets better and better looking for each year. Engine bay looks pretty tasty and detailed. :)


I agree Johan, it is timeless and I get where you are coming from. AA have done an excellent job

GarageOnAWall wrote:I'll be another to chime in with praise for the Aston, both in 1:1 and from Autoart. Andy, I think you also have a GT Spirit version, how does this compare? I know the AA has opening bits, but other than that are they in the same league? I would consider adding this along with the sealed car, but I cannot have both :? BB


Thanks Brooks. It's a super effort from AA.
That depends on which shape you think is better. GTS is longer and flatter looking, the AA shorter and stubbier looking. It is however in the eye becuase they are the same size
The perfect combination would be the stance and shutlines from the GTS and everything else from AA. The AA has suspension that makes it sit a little high, the GTS is resin so has that ability to look all of a piece (which it is) but because the AA opens it can't reproduce that

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
Zeus
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby Zeus » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:27 pm

Beautiful Astons 8-)
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25664
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby DeadCanDanceR » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Beautiful, indeed! :)
-Julio-

Image

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 26947
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby scalainj » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:38 am

Zeus wrote:Beautiful Astons 8-)

DeadCanDanceR wrote:Beautiful, indeed! :)


Thank you Gentlemen 8-)
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 26947
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby scalainj » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:35 am

The 1967 to 1971 Mangusta was De Tomaso's second car after the Vallelunga and used it's chassis as the basis for the car with a design by Giorgetto Giugiaro featuring gull wing doors over the engine and luggage compartment. Powered by a Ford 289 V8 in Europe (306hp) or a Ford 302 V8 in the US (221 hp) it had discs all round and independent suspension. 401 were made, 150 in European spec, 50 with pop up headlamps for the 197o0 car and one with a Chevy V8 for Bill Mitchell.

Tecnomodel Mythos - De Tomaso Mangusta
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 15039
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby Tom » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:12 am

Really cool. Front end is my fave view.

User avatar
grinbergs
Posts: 6060
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:06 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby grinbergs » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:10 am

Very tasty. Clean and elegant lines. I have a soft spot for these timeless kind of designs on cars. :)

User avatar
Serafa
Posts: 942
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:00 pm
Location: São Paulo / Brazil

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby Serafa » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Tecnomodel has a fine taste for having such fine cars on their portfolio.

I like the front and the side views. The side air intakes behid the side windows gives an air of sportivity and the lack of front bumpers makes the design a lot cleaner.

I'm not sure about the rear, though. The split rear window is interesting in the Stingray, for instance, but this one is not that convincing. They look like wardrobe doors.
Image

GBOAC002
Posts: 6851
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm
Location: Surrey, UK.

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby GBOAC002 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Gorgeous! I'm not enamoured of the gunmetal grey though.

User avatar
GarageOnAWall
Posts: 5863
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby GarageOnAWall » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:05 am

Magnifico Mangusta! That is astounding Andy! I will agree with Paul that the colour may not be ideal, but execution and subject matter is! I would love to have this (or its variation) and will seek one out! By the way, I have a Technomodel Bizzarrini 5300 GT Stradale in a metallic green...I've never even opened the box to have a peek :oops: but I can imagine it would make a stunning display pairing with your car! BB

PS: A Belated thanks for the excellent photos comparing the GTS and AA Aston Martins. Both are excellent and yet decisively different. It's hard to pick but I suppose to keep things simple the GTS will have to do on this end...
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 2356
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby Alfaholic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:30 am

There's nothing to dislike about the Mangusta on my book.

Winner.
Martin

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 26947
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Scalainj's 2010/1/2/3/4/5/6 additions in 1/18

Postby scalainj » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:10 am

Tom wrote:Really cool. Front end is my fave view.


Certainly is cool Tom. I love it from all angles but the front is rather good 8-)

grinbergs wrote:Very tasty. Clean and elegant lines. I have a soft spot for these timeless kind of designs on cars. :)


Tasty indeed Johan. Understandable as it's avery fine design indeed

Serafa wrote:Tecnomodel has a fine taste for having such fine cars on their portfolio.

I like the front and the side views. The side air intakes behind the side windows gives an air of sportivity and the lack of front bumpers makes the design a lot cleaner.

I'm not sure about the rear, though. The split rear window is interesting in the Stingray, for instance, but this one is not that convincing. They look like wardrobe doors.


That they do Bruno and you could build a magnificent collection of such.

You may be the first to describe the gullwings on the Mangusta as wardrobe doors ;)

GBOAC002 wrote:Gorgeous! I'm not enamoured of the gunmetal grey though.


I am Ian. It was the colour that sold me as seen in the promotional shots from Tecnomodel which were taken by a far better photographer than I

GarageOnAWall wrote:Magnifico Mangusta! That is astounding Andy! I will agree with Paul that the colour may not be ideal, but execution and subject matter is! I would love to have this (or its variation) and will seek one out! By the way, I have a Technomodel Bizzarrini 5300 GT Stradale in a metallic green...I've never even opened the box to have a peek :oops: but I can imagine it would make a stunning display pairing with your car! BB

PS: A Belated thanks for the excellent photos comparing the GTS and AA Aston Martins. Both are excellent and yet decisively different. It's hard to pick but I suppose to keep things simple the GTS will have to do on this end...


Thanks Brooks. It is a wonderful subject and I had to have it as soon as I saw the press release
It would make a lovely pairing with the 5300GT I agree. Hope you land one

The Astons are a tricky one as clearly they are both fine renditions of the same car, yet different

Alfaholic wrote:There's nothing to dislike about the Mangusta on my book.

Winner.


Sign me up for that book Martin 8-)
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.


Return to “1:18 and bigger”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest