Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

scalainj
Site Admin

Re: Scalainj's additions in 1/18

Post by scalainj » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:36 am

After the tragedy of 1955, Le Mans was back in 1956 with major revisions to the circuit and to the rules which were changed enough not to meet FIA criteria and thus drop the race from the World Sportscar Championship. A new pits reduced the number of starters to 52
Jaguar was somehow able persuade the ACO that the D-Type was in fact a production car that met the new rules, and thus 3 works cars plus one for Equipe National Belge and one for the newly formed team Ecurie Ecosse entered the race.
The Equipe National Belge car was driven by Jacques Swaters and Freddy Rousselle and the car they used was a new production D-Type which they qualified in 9th place. Their race was fairly uneventful and they steadily moved up the field, running in 4th by the 10th hour of the race before losing several places. Again the team ran steadily and at one point climbed back into 3rd place before settling for 4th overall and 3rd in class after completing 284 laps.

Exoto - Jaguar D-Type - 1956 Le Mans 24 Hours - J.Swaters & F.Rousselle - 4th
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

LUW

Post by LUW » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:40 am

I said so that the Calder beemer was the coolest! :D
And Exoto finally released the D-Type? They were promising it I think from 2006 or 2007. BEAUTIFUL model, though it's kind of strange to see a D-Type that's not in BRG. And once again, thank Mercury that I'm not into 1;18 anymore.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:44 am

D-type trumps everything. Fantastic.

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:27 pm

I think I'm gonna die... :shock:

davylemans

Post by davylemans » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Quite simply, perfection. Nothing else needs to be said. Except..... Now that you've finally found the perfect model, does this mean that you're going to quit collecting, because there's no challenge left? ;)
Dave

Simon

Post by Simon » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:30 am

S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G !!!!

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:13 am

beautiful, what a stunning model, and I love that colour 8-)

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:43 am

LUW wrote:I said so that the Calder beemer was the coolest! :D
And Exoto finally released the D-Type? They were promising it I think from 2006 or 2007. BEAUTIFUL model, though it's kind of strange to see a D-Type that's not in BRG. And once again, thank Mercury that I'm not into 1;18 anymore.
It's a close call Luc. I'm a big fan of both the Calder and Stella. I took these at the Art Car exhibition in London a few years back

And yes Exoto have finally released the D-Type, well the short nose anyway. I believe it was there last release some years back. How they keep going i'll never know. I have 4 of these now and whilst searingly expensive I think they are worth every penny.
Tom wrote:D-type trumps everything. Fantastic.
At this price/detail level only CMC can compete no-one else comes close I think
Serafa wrote:I think I'm gonna die... :shock:
Hopefully you survived Bruno!
davylemans wrote:Quite simply, perfection. Nothing else needs to be said. Except..... Now that you've finally found the perfect model, does this mean that you're going to quit collecting, because there's no challenge left? ;)
Dave
Almost perfection Dave. There are like all Exotos a few QC issues, all of which related to the build. Damn the tiny rivets, nuts and bolts they use as putting them back together takes the patience of a saint. Also in this yellow the nose looks a little off. It's the same as the others I have and on those it looks fine but on this one it just looks a little bulbous.
Simon wrote:S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G !!!!
Y-E-S I-N-D-E-E-D ;)
Stu935 wrote:beautiful, what a stunning model, and I love that colour 8-)
It certainly is Stu and I'm a big fan of these less well known but more colourful Ds
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

LUW

Post by LUW » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:28 am

Holy mercaptans, you got four (F-O-U-R!!!) of Exoto's D-Types?!? Image
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:32 pm

It's no wonder the 1:18s look so good when you look at the 1:1s. Brutally beautiful vehicles - one of a small number of non-Italians I would have in my Dream Garage.
Martin

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:41 pm

This is a revelation to me as I didn't know 1:18 could be so detailed :o And I thought my sealed Ottos and GT Spirits were the standard :oops: :lol: Incredible and very worthy addition to the T. Wells museum of miniature motoring, congrats on your addition Andy. BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:59 am

LUW wrote:Holy mercaptans, you got four (F-O-U-R!!!) of Exoto's D-Types?!? Image
Indeed I have

Exoto - Jaguar D-Type - 1957 Le Mans 24 Hours - P.Frére & F.Rousselle - 4th

Exoto - Jaguar D-Type - 1957 Le Mans 24 Hours - J.Lucas & J-M.Brousselet - 3rd

Exoto - Jaguar D-Type - 1956 Le Mans 24 Hours - R.Flockhart and N.Sanderson - 1st

Exoto - Jaguar D-Type - 1956 Le Mans 24 Hours - J.Swaters & F.Rousselle - 4th
Alfaholic wrote:It's no wonder the 1:18s look so good when you look at the 1:1s. Brutally beautiful vehicles - one of a small number of non-Italians I would have in my Dream Garage.
I assume you are referring to the CSL Martin?
There would be one in my dream garage too
GarageOnAWall wrote:This is a revelation to me as I didn't know 1:18 could be so detailed :o And I thought my sealed Ottos and GT Spirits were the standard :oops: :lol: Incredible and very worthy addition to the T. Wells museum of miniature motoring, congrats on your addition Andy. BB
Exoto along with CMC set the standard at the moment for top end detail in 1/18 diecast at the moment BB but in terms of sheer presence on the shelf Otto and GT Spirit make some very good models
Andy

LUW

Post by LUW » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:29 am

Image Image Image Image
The admin can close the topic now.
Image The Garage

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:23 am

scalainj wrote:I assume you are referring to the CSL Martin?
Sure am Andy.

The early '70s was when the Motorsport fixation kicked in for me. Even though I was on the other side of the world, the Cologne Capris and CSL Batmobiles were the hottest thing for an impressionable pre-teen - I just fell in love with the outreagous wings and flares.

I may get banned for saying it, but as nice as the D-Types are, give me a CSL any day. Your photos of the 1:1s caused me to sit down and take some deep breaths :lol: :lol:
Martin

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:36 am

LUW wrote:Image Image Image Image
The admin can close the topic now.
:lol: I'd just have to open a new one though
Alfaholic wrote:
scalainj wrote:I assume you are referring to the CSL Martin?
Sure am Andy.

The early '70s was when the Motorsport fixation kicked in for me. Even though I was on the other side of the world, the Cologne Capris and CSL Batmobiles were the hottest thing for an impressionable pre-teen - I just fell in love with the outrageous wings and flares.

I may get banned for saying it, but as nice as the D-Types are, give me a CSL any day. Your photos of the 1:1s caused me to sit down and take some deep breaths :lol: :lol:
It's a close call Martin as the CSL is a spectacular machine especially in the flesh. And i completely understand why you love them as I do too
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:44 am

The McLaren P1 is a plug-in hybrid supercar which combines a 727hp 3.8 litre twin turbo V8 with a 177hp electric motor to give a combined output of 904hp and 723 lb ft of torque which will propel it to 60 mph in a little under 3 seconds and onto a limited top speed of 218 mph. Debuting at the 2012 Paris Motor Show, it was limited to 375 units which sold out by November 2013 and was produced at a rate of one per day before production ceased in December 2015. The US accounted for 34% of sales, Europe 26% and the remaining 40% went to the Middle East and Asia Pacific.

Autoart - McLaren P1
Andy

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:53 am

Beautiful model, fantastic colour!

Simon

Post by Simon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:12 am

Thanks a cracker Andy.....think I'm going to have to add one to my collection.

Think your photo's may have swayed me towards the same colour.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:57 am

Fabulous! So so tempting....

LUW

Post by LUW » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:32 am

Not the car for me but the model nevertheless is fabulous.
Image The Garage

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:16 pm

Fabulous model, I like the amount of details in it.

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:34 pm

I've wanted an AutoArt 1:18 P1 for SO LONG now but prices are just unbelievable nowadays :( I'd love a yellow one.
This colour looks pretty good as well, but not as nice as yellow ;) :lol:
Alistair

Makalu

Post by Makalu » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:20 pm

My first reaction to the D-Type was 'wow that is stunning'. A similar reaction followed once I saw the price tag. Very impressive.

dcast

Post by dcast » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:34 am

Fantastic model and McLaren P1 is really great looking supercar :)