Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

scalainj
Site Admin

Re: Scalainj's additions in 1/18

Post by scalainj » Mon May 01, 2017 4:48 am

Tom wrote:Beautiful model, fantastic colour!
Cheers Tom :D
I waited specifically for this orange to be released as I think it's the best colour that they have released.
Simon wrote:Thanks a cracker Andy.....think I'm going to have to add one to my collection.

Think your photo's may have swayed me towards the same colour.
Thanks Simon. surprised you hadn't jumped already
Personally i think it's the best colour that AA have released though the black looks good too
GBOAC002 wrote:Fabulous! So so tempting....
Indeed it is Ian and as you can see i was tempted 8-)
LUW wrote:Not the car for me but the model nevertheless is fabulous.
I'm undecided as to whether my lottery win would go on one or not but I thought i'd save myself that dilemma by buying the model instead ;)
Serafa wrote:Fabulous model, I like the amount of details in it.
Cheers Bruno. It's a good effort from AA i think and good detail as you say
zimbo wrote:I've wanted an AutoArt 1:18 P1 for SO LONG now but prices are just unbelievable nowadays :( I'd love a yellow one.
This colour looks pretty good as well, but not as nice as yellow ;) :lol:
They are not cheap unfortunately - i've read that another batch of the yellow are due in the summer which may push the prices down. Black as well apparently. Neither are as good as the orange ;)
Makalu wrote:My first reaction to the D-Type was 'wow that is stunning'. A similar reaction followed once I saw the price tag. Very impressive.
Thank you. Stunning models however I do purchase these when Exoto are offering 50% off which mitigates the cost a little
dcast wrote:Fantastic model and McLaren P1 is really great looking supercar :)
It is and it is. Cheers Dcast
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

thetrooper

Post by thetrooper » Wed May 03, 2017 9:23 am

I love the P1 and would take it in pretty much any colour.
Steve

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Tue May 16, 2017 1:27 am

thetrooper wrote:I love the P1 and would take it in pretty much any colour.
It's a great looking car Steve that's for sure
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Tue May 16, 2017 1:45 am

Famously built to beat Ferrari after the old man's rejection of the Ford takeover, the Mk1 Ford GT40 was a collaboration between Eric Broadley of Lola, Ford designer Roy Lunn and John Wyer all overseen by Harley Copp another Ford designer. The first chassis was built in 1963 with a fibreglass body and has the 4.2 litre V8 from the Fairlane with a Colotti transaxle though production engines used the 4.9 litre V8 from the Mustang. 87 Mk1 GT40s were made of which 30 were delivered in road trim though they differed little from the competition having less power (335 hp vs 380 hp) and the added additions of some creature comforts being interior trim, pockets, sound deadening, a heater, a radio and glass windscreens.

GT Spirit - Ford GT40 Mk1
Andy

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue May 16, 2017 1:57 am

Imagine driving one on the road in those days... fantastic iconic car, fab model.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:56 am

At Bromley Pageant of Motoring last year there was a very convincing white replica (checked out the reg...) right down to those 'ally' grills and complete with period registration. I've also seen another white Mk1 with blue stripe from nose over roof to tail pootling along a country road near here. A middle aged couple enjoying 40mph canter. Not sure if it was original or copy but again it looked the part. GT40 of any hue does tend to catch the attention.

Way back in the late 1960s at Prescott Hill Climb I recall seeing and photographing on 35mm transparency film a green original road car with chrome 'bullet' wing/door mirrors. That was definitely real!

Otto always do a fine job. Nice add in 1:18 Andy.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:14 am

So nice to see the early car done so well.
Jeff
ImageImage

LUW

Post by LUW » Tue May 16, 2017 6:32 am

We should have that in 1:43.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Tue May 16, 2017 7:08 am

Very nice 8-)
Alistair

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed May 17, 2017 4:13 am

Glad it's turned out so well and look forward to finally adding an original GT40 to my collection.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Thu May 18, 2017 2:34 am

Tom wrote:Imagine driving one on the road in those days... fantastic iconic car, fab model.
Truly a race car for the road and what a sight and experience it must have been
GBOAC002 wrote:At Bromley Pageant of Motoring last year there was a very convincing white replica (checked out the reg...) right down to those 'ally' grills and complete with period registration. I've also seen another white Mk1 with blue stripe from nose over roof to tail pootling along a country road near here. A middle aged couple enjoying 40mph canter. Not sure if it was original or copy but again it looked the part. GT40 of any hue does tend to catch the attention.

Way back in the late 1960s at Prescott Hill Climb I recall seeing and photographing on 35mm transparency film a green original road car with chrome 'bullet' wing/door mirrors. That was definitely real!

Otto always do a fine job. Nice add in 1:18 Andy.
They certainly do Ian as sightings are none to common that's for sure.
I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times i've seen a GT40. I think i've seen more F40s in the wild
JSB33 wrote:So nice to see the early car done so well.
Agreed, GT Spirit have done well with this model
LUW wrote:We should have that in 1:43.
We should
zimbo wrote:Very nice 8-)
Cheers mate
Simon wrote:Glad it's turned out so well and look forward to finally adding an original GT40 to my collection.
Not long to wait now my friend. I'll be round with yours later 8-)
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Wed May 31, 2017 4:47 am

Leyland Cars decided that Jaguar would re-enter the world of international motor sport so they turned to Ralph Broad of Broadspeed who had had some previous success with both the Mini and Triumph Dolomite and also had expressed interest in tuning the Jaguar 5.3 litre V12 for motor sport usage.
However instead of the XJ-S Leyland decided that the XJ12C was going to be the competition car and Broadspeed built 4, 2 for the 1976 season and two lightweight versions for the 1977 season. However the car was overweight, under funded and under developed and whilst extremely fast it was also extremely unreliable and achieved little in the way of success other than pole positions and fastest laps.
There was one other however which started life as a pre-production car and was used for development and testing before it was sent to Broadspeed who created a road going replica of the Group 2 car with the full body kit and the the wheels and tyres. As the competition car ran almost standard running gear (other than a dry sump and a manual gearbox) this factory built and sanctioned replica was very close to the race car in specification and so it became the car of John Steed in the 1977 TV Show 'The New Avengers'
After the show the car was sold to a private collector and it changed hands several times until the 1990s when it disappeared and was considered lost. Fast forward 20 years and the car re-appeared found in a lock up in rather a sorry state and in that condition it was auctioned fetching £52,000

GT Spirit - Jaguar XJ12C Broadspeed
Andy

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Wed May 31, 2017 4:58 am

Not a thing about it I don't like.
Jeff
ImageImage

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Wed May 31, 2017 6:18 am

The Broadspeed XJ12Cs are my favourite Jaguars by far - I love the almost cartoonish muscularity of the design. Classic 70s racer. I wasn't aware of the roadcar, but it is just as ridiculous (in a good way).
Martin

LUW

Post by LUW » Wed May 31, 2017 6:27 am

Alfaholic wrote:The Broadspeed XJ12Cs are my favourite Jaguars by far - I love the almost cartoonish muscularity of the design. Classic 70s racer. I wasn't aware of the roadcar, but it is just as ridiculous (in a good way).
Couldn't have said it better.

Another one that we should have in 1:43.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed May 31, 2017 6:47 am

Absurd but incredibly cool.

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed May 31, 2017 8:53 am

Well you could have pre-warned me that this was coming next......and I thought we were friends!

I so wished I'd ordered one of these myself.......stunning model.

Galaxy Gaz

Post by Galaxy Gaz » Wed May 31, 2017 9:42 am

That is a very good looking car and a fantastic model of it . Does it come with a bowler hat and umbrella on the back seat ?
I just wish they had finished it off and put a front bumper on it :D
Now we just need Gambit`s XJS and Purdey`s TR7 to make the set .
:flag_gb: Gary

Porsche......Evolution , not Revolution

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Wed May 31, 2017 12:31 pm

The best pics yet I've seen of this car. Been eyeing it along with the Aston Martin Volante. Incredible non-German effort by GT Spirit, may they continue on this route ;) BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Wed May 31, 2017 6:09 pm

Galaxy Gaz wrote:That is a very good looking car and a fantastic model of it . Does it come with a bowler hat and umbrella on the back seat ?
That brings back happy memories. It may not have been totally up to the brilliant standard of the original, but I'm happy to admit I was a fan of the 70s version.
Martin

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:29 am

JSB33 wrote:Not a thing about it I don't like.
Me neither 8-)
Alfaholic wrote:The Broadspeed XJ12Cs are my favourite Jaguars by far - I love the almost cartoonish muscularity of the design. Classic 70s racer. I wasn't aware of the roadcar, but it is just as ridiculous (in a good way).
I'm a big fan too, and the looks are certainly part of that.
Broadspeed also sold the kit as well to make your own so there are some other replicas of this replica out there as well.
Apparently a full kit these days will cost many thousands and it usually comes complete with rusted out Jaguar
LUW wrote:
Couldn't have said it better.

Another one that we should have in 1:43.

Agreed, i'd pick it up in 43rd too
Tom wrote:Absurd but incredibly cool.
Sums it up nicely Tom
Simon wrote:Well you could have pre-warned me that this was coming next......and I thought we were friends!

I so wished I'd ordered one of these myself.......stunning model.
Sure i mentioned it when i brought it round ;)

Do so as i'm positive this will be the only run of these
Galaxy Gaz wrote:That is a very good looking car and a fantastic model of it . Does it come with a bowler hat and umbrella on the back seat ?
Sure is that Gary. Unfortunately no umbrella.
Lack of front bumper as per the race car.
If this is a good seller maybe they will consider the others. Otto have recently released a competition TR7 so it's a possibility
GarageOnAWall wrote:The best pics yet I've seen of this car. Been eyeing it along with the Aston Martin Volante. Incredible non-German effort by GT Spirit, may they continue on this route ;) BB
Thanks BB - the Volante looks top notch as well
Hopefully others in a similar vein will follow
Andy

thetrooper

Post by thetrooper » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:58 am

:o :o :o That is a thing of beauty right there.
Steve

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:49 am

thetrooper wrote::o :o :o That is a thing of beauty right there.
That it is Steve
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:59 am

The Jensen Interceptor was introduced in 1966 featuring an all steel body designed by Touring covering a hand built luxury car powered by a 270hp 6.2 litre Chrysler V8. Originally the bodies were made by Vignale but Jensen took the body production in house and at the same time made a few minor modifications. The car was available with either a 3 speed auto or a manual and was rear wheel driven. In this guise 1033 cars were built before the slightly revised Mk.II was introduced in late 1969

Cult Models - Jensen Interceptor Mk.I
Andy