Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Tom

Re: Scalainj's additions in 1/18

Post by Tom » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:00 am

Fantastic model, beautiful car.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:46 am

Spot on! Nailed it in one. Takes me back to Earl's Court Motor Show 1966 and seeing the 1:1 for the first time. I'm not usually a fan on gunmetal grey but I could look at that 1:18 car all day long! Fabulous buy Andy.

LUW

Post by LUW » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:39 am

VERY nice Andy!
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Another winner from Cult. Still a little disappointed they didn't do the SIII car? Maybe it's an American 'thing' but they are what I usually think of for these cars. The great choices keep coming, congrats Andy :)
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:15 am

Tom wrote:Fantastic model, beautiful car.
Agreed on both counts
GBOAC002 wrote:Spot on! Nailed it in one. Takes me back to Earl's Court Motor Show 1966 and seeing the 1:1 for the first time. I'm not usually a fan on gunmetal grey but I could look at that 1:18 car all day long! Fabulous buy Andy.
Cult have nailed this. It is a super model that really looks the part. Thanks Ian
LUW wrote:VERY nice Andy!
Cheers Luc
GarageOnAWall wrote:Another winner from Cult. Still a little disappointed they didn't do the SIII car? Maybe it's an American 'thing' but they are what I usually think of for these cars. The great choices keep coming, congrats Andy :)
Well if it sells well for them then maybe later a Mk.2 and 3 and hopefully a FF are on the cards.
I'm looking forward to other Cult releases now based on this
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:25 am

The Porsche 918 is mid engined plug in hybrid that uses a combination of a 608hp 4.6 litre V8 and two electric motors (279hp for the pair) to propel it to 60 mph in 2.6 seconds, 100 mph in 4.9 seconds and onto 210 mph top speed. It is capable of travelling on electric power only for about 12 miles and the V8 can re-charge the battery using 2 litres of fuel or you can plug it in for a full recharge in 7 hours (110 volt) or two hours (240 volt)
Production started in December 2013 and it sold it's entire run of 918 units by December 2014 with the last being manufactured in July 2015. the biggest market for the car was the US and it took a little under a third of production

Autoart - Porsche 918 Spyder
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:08 am

Fantastic model!
I'd like a 1:43 for my own collection. Will look into options.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:37 am

Another winner but I'll 'make do' with my pair of 1:43s.

Simon

Post by Simon » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:40 am

I fear that the Jensen may fall into the same category as the GT Spirit Jag; "why oh why didn't I order one of these at the time...Gggrrrrr!" Had been pondering on getting one and got even closer when I saw that the colour was more grey than silver, which I think helps set off the chrome trim etc.

Porsche is nice....AutoArt still make some of the better quality versions of models, but I just struggle to justify the prices on a lot of their models now.

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:19 pm

Love that 918, and I still don't have a 43 or 18 scale version in my collection BUT like Simon mentioned, the fact that prices these days are astronomical hinders my progress in adding to my collection sadly :cry:
Alistair

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:38 pm

Happened to drop by our favourite London retail model outlet today and took a long lingering look at the Jensen (as seen on these pages) and a few other things, none of which tempted me to part with any dosh. Wallet resistant to anything over 35 quid so it's not looking good on the purchasing front.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:44 am

Tom wrote:Fantastic model!
I'd like a 1:43 for my own collection. Will look into options.
Not bad is it. I got this to complement the prototype I have in 1/18 (and 1/43) so should get a production version in 43rd as well
GBOAC002 wrote:Another winner but I'll 'make do' with my pair of 1:43s.
Certainly is and as above i'll have to add it in 43rd to join you on the pair
Simon wrote:I fear that the Jensen may fall into the same category as the GT Spirit Jag; "why oh why didn't I order one of these at the time...Gggrrrrr!" Had been pondering on getting one and got even closer when I saw that the colour was more grey than silver, which I think helps set off the chrome trim etc.

Porsche is nice....AutoArt still make some of the better quality versions of models, but I just struggle to justify the prices on a lot of their models now.
The Jensen will. It's a corker mate and i highly recommend it
Agreed on the Porsche on all counts. My AA consumption has dropped considerably and now is restricted to absolute must haves
zimbo wrote:Love that 918, and I still don't have a 43 or 18 scale version in my collection BUT like Simon mentioned, the fact that prices these days are astronomical hinders my progress in adding to my collection sadly :cry:
It's a great model mate but i understand totally on the prices. They are expensive and consequently purchasing has to be scaled back
GBOAC002 wrote:Happened to drop by our favourite London retail model outlet today and took a long lingering look at the Jensen (as seen on these pages) and a few other things, none of which tempted me to part with any dosh. Wallet resistant to anything over 35 quid so it's not looking good on the purchasing front.
To be fair Ian the Jensen can be found cheaper than our favourite store but nonetheless this hobby is rapidly becoming very expensive
Andy

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:23 am

GBOAC002 wrote:Happened to drop by our favourite London retail model outlet today and took a long lingering look at the Jensen (as seen on these pages) and a few other things, none of which tempted me to part with any dosh. Wallet resistant to anything over 35 quid so it's not looking good on the purchasing front.
Excuse my ignorance, but do you mean St Martins? If so, I was also in that store the same day as you. The prices are high, but I was still tempted by a couple of models to add to the suitcase for the trip home.
Martin

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:08 am

Yes, I was there at about 3.00pm when all hell broke loose down the road at Trafalgar Square. From the press report it was nothing to cause alarm and apart from hearing a bunch of police car sirens I'd obviously missed whatever the problem was. A chap was in St Martins collecting a bunch of McLarens and Ferraris with racing liveries. What a shame to have missed you. If you'd announced your arrival the locals of S143 would have met up at our local model store.

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:25 am

We were there around 5pm and I had a good chat to the guy - he was keen to see what was happening with Biante and Australian Models. It was a bit of a spur of the moment visit.

We are in London until later next week, so if anyone is up for a catch-up, St Martins is an easy walk from where we are staying in Primrose Hill.
Martin

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:10 pm

I will be in London between July 12th and 17th, but I will be in Paris before that.

grinbergs

Post by grinbergs » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Fantastic model of the Porsche 918. A car that is destined to be a real classic. As enthusiastic I can get over the fine details and quality of the model I strangely find myself distanced to the car itself. It seems so "clinical". I think I am getting old - being that geezer saying "it was better when I was young, those were the days, when cars were cars... etc etc"

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:43 am

grinbergs wrote:Fantastic model of the Porsche 918. A car that is destined to be a real classic. As enthusiastic I can get over the fine details and quality of the model I strangely find myself distanced to the car itself. It seems so "clinical". I think I am getting old - being that geezer saying "it was better when I was young, those were the days, when cars were cars... etc etc"
We all are Johan. And I know exactly what you mean. It is a clinical car and to be honest most are these days
Not like in the good old days :)
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:50 am

976 saw the inaugural 6 hours race at Silverstone as part of the World Championship of Makes because the race had switched location from Brands Hatch after the 1975 round was cancelled due to track upgrades.
The works Lancia Turbos did not turn up, so the race was essentially a BMW & Porsche display with the Martini 935 of Ickx & Mass taking pole by a second over the brand new CSL Turbo of Ronnie Peterson & Gunnar Nilsson followed by a Kremer 935, a privateer 934/935 and then three 3.5 CSLs.
The race was one of attrition and errors, the CSL Turbo of Peterson & Nilsson jumping into the lead after Ickx fried the clutch on the 935 at the start but then the Turbo CSL gearbox let go after 43 laps and that was that.

Minichamps - BMW 3.5 CSL Turbo - 1976 Silverstone 6 Hours - Ronnie Peterson & Gunnar Nilsson - DNF
Andy

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:18 am

Fantastic car, brutal silhouette, superb detail and iconic livery.

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:35 am

Tom wrote:Fantastic car, brutal silhouette, superb detail and iconic livery.
I couldn't have said it any better.
Martin

thetrooper

Post by thetrooper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:30 am

I like the BMW a lot more than the Porsche as it looks much better to my eyes. 8-)
Steve

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:03 am

All of the above mate 8-)
Alfaholic wrote:
I couldn't have said it any better.
Me neither
thetrooper wrote:I like the BMW a lot more than the Porsche as it looks much better to my eyes. 8-)
So do I Steve. I'm not collecting every 918 variant there is. I am when it comes to the CSL :)
Andy

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:11 am

One of those designs that nearly disguises panel gaps - lovely model of a no-nonsense legend 8-)
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House