'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Planes, Trains, Military and whatever else
User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9484
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by guitardave_1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:50 am

CraigyGT wrote:Can't beat a good old class 37 , true workhorse! Thanks for the updated pics.

Do you remember this old TV add? :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN7naLLeB0A
Thanks Craig. I don't remember the ad, but I have seen it on youtube before!

I like the 37s - I was glad to be able to legitimately include one in the period I'm modelling. I realise it makes me a proper trainspotter, but I've actually seen one or two of the real thing around my area:

Image

Image

Image
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 27620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by scalainj » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:30 am

Layout is looking very cool mate.

Keep them coming as i''ve really got into model trains now (been keeping it a secret - well from the forum anyway) and Dave - its all your fault i have to say!! ;)

Love the pictures - especially the last one - 3 big locos, 2 brake vans and a funny carraige - bet that shifts - or is it 4 locos - anyway the battle of Briatain class second in the line is magnificent - and you think you are a train spotter!

Andy
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 38643
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by JSB33 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:34 am

scalainj wrote:Layout is looking very cool mate.

Keep them coming as i''ve really got into model trains now (been keeping it a secret - well from the forum anyway) and Dave - its all your fault i have to say!! ;)

Love the pictures - especially the last one - 3 big locos, 2 brake vans and a funny carraige - bet that shifts - or is it 4 locos - anyway the battle of Briatain class second in the line is magnificent - and you think you are a train spotter!

Andy
This place is just a black hole for our wallets, isn't it :lol:
Trains are very cool if you have the space. Great job (as always) Dave.
The turntable is fantastic as is the engine thats on top of it.
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14304
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by David MG » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:36 am

scalainj wrote:Layout is looking very cool mate.

Love the pictures - especially the last one - 3 big locos, 2 brake vans and a funny carraige - bet that shifts - or is it 4 locos - anyway the battle of Briatain class second in the line is magnificent - and you think you are a train spotter!

Andy
Think you will find the funny carriage is two line maintenance vehicles.
I can remember wher railways were railways.
My Ian Allen is full of numbers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Correction last pic has a SR parcel van on the end.
Cheers,
David

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 27620
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by scalainj » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:41 am

JSB33 wrote:[
This place is just a black hole for our wallets, isn't it :lol:
Simply, yes it is - i bought a bus yesterdy too - Toms fault ;)
mg-monster wrote: Think you will find the funny carriage is two line maintenance vehicles.
I can remember wher railways were railways.
My Ian Allen is full of numbers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Correction last pic has a SR parcel van on the end.
See - its a funny carraige - knew it was SR - past that........ i'm just learning

Keep it up Dave - its inspiring

Andy
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9484
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by guitardave_1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:12 am

Seems there are a few more closet railway fans on the forum! Thanks all for the words of encouragement.

The loco convoy is arriving at Eastleigh for the centenary celebration of the railway works earlier this year. I believe only the diesel was actually doing any work.

Here's a few more shots of the same convoy, but with the diesel on the other end. I have a fair few more pictures if there is sufficient interest to show them.

Image

Image
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

User avatar
CraigyGT
Posts: 2325
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:14 pm
Location: Telford , UK

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by CraigyGT » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Keep them coming Dave ;)

Here is 47615. It was named by my grandfather " Caerphilly Castle" who was the mayor of Caerphilly , South Wales for many years.

Image

I have never been able to find any info on what has happened to this loco , but i suspect it went to the scrap heap many tyears ago :(

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9484
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by guitardave_1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:45 am

Craig, it still exists, but no longer carries that name or number I'm afraid. It's now 47747 and is in storage at Crewe (just to reassure people, that is from the net and not my memory :lol: )

I also saw a class 37 carring the Caerphilly Castle name - I will try and find a photo, and maybe start a separate thread at the same time to save this one becoming a mish mash of model and real photos.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

User avatar
CraigyGT
Posts: 2325
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:14 pm
Location: Telford , UK

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by CraigyGT » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:55 pm

guitardave_1 wrote:Craig, it still exists, but no longer carries that name or number I'm afraid. It's now 47747 and is in storage at Crewe (just to reassure people, that is from the net and not my memory :lol: )

I also saw a class 37 carring the Caerphilly Castle name - I will try and find a photo, and maybe start a separate thread at the same time to save this one becoming a mish mash of model and real photos.
Whooops i missed this sorry Dave.

I know my grandfather was very proud after unveiling the loco. I barely just passed 1 year old so it was a long time ago. If he was still alive i know exactly what he would say.

A seperate thread is a good idea mate , fire away ;)

frenchy
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 pm

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by frenchy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:04 am

Thanks for the update on the Locos Dave,
As i've said before,this will be quite something when it's finished,or can you ever finish anything like this as i guess you can keep changing things?? :roll:
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.
Image

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9484
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by guitardave_1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:10 pm

frenchy wrote:Thanks for the update on the Locos Dave,
As i've said before,this will be quite something when it's finished,or can you ever finish anything like this as i guess you can keep changing things?? :roll:
Steve, at the speed I'm going, I'm not sure I will ever get the basics finished, never mind the details! I've been working two jobs and at least 6 days a week recently, so my enery/enthusiasm/time for modelling has been limited.

Still, I'm plodding along with it, and at the moment none of the scenic work is costing me a penny! The only big money left to spend (apart from locos and stock) is on the point motors, and a second transformer so that I have enough outlets to power all track sections and the points. Scenic materials, building kits etc are all manageable in terms of price.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

danielpras
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 am

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by danielpras » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:23 am

wow...
i really amazed by your work here.
love the scenic and the landscape.
to be honest, im not a big fan of a train/railroad models, but im a big fan of dioramas.
so this one is great, the buildings, the trees and the other plantations. you really put them in a very well planned layout, and made them it great.
hope there will be another update pictures of this project soon :)

cheers,
daniel

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9484
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: 'Ellensborough' N Gauge Railway

Post by guitardave_1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:11 am

danielpras wrote:wow...
i really amazed by your work here.
love the scenic and the landscape.
to be honest, im not a big fan of a train/railroad models, but im a big fan of dioramas.
so this one is great, the buildings, the trees and the other plantations. you really put them in a very well planned layout, and made them it great.
hope there will be another update pictures of this project soon :)

cheers,
daniel
Thanks Daniel - that's very kind.

I hope there will be another update too! The desire to do more has returned. I just have to work around the logistics of it being in a different house!
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest