model arrived missing parts..return shipping..full refund 1/9 ;)

S143 marketplace and member listings.
rotormotor

model arrived missing parts..return shipping..full refund 1/9 ;)

Post by rotormotor » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:58 pm

purchased 3 new models from big hk seller on ebay
one arrived side windows popped off sills of both doors ( resin with slim plastic one piece window) but worse one of rear light lenses missing completly...cant see when outer box not been opened left factory like this.

replacement will be sent when i return it, but seems cost is on me as no reply since...makes combined shipping savings null and void. not opened a case.

model not broken in transit but sent with missing parts (which is real obvious when seen) so why i out of pocket i dont know.

WAS a repeat buyer..no more if this is his stance

pandavia
Last edited by rotormotor on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lars

Jager

Re: model arrived missing parts..return shipping

Post by Jager » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:32 am

The HK sellers have some attractive pricing, but no idea of customer service when things go wrong.

Last year I bought a Neo model from P**d*v*a and arranged to have it sent to the UK, but when it got there it was rejected for some reason and sent back to Hong Kong. Over six weelks elapsed before I worked out what had happened, but the annoying part was the Seller who'd already received the model back didn't tell me.

There after, there were many weeks of emails backwards and forwards with the seller refusing to re-ship the model unless I paid the shipping charges again. I didn't want to pay for double shipping, so asked for it to be sent to a Hong Kong address instead, but like many of the Hong Kong sellers he wouldn't post it locally (taxes ?). In the end, we went round and round in circles and when he stopped responsing to my messages, I'd run out of time to make a claim on eBay/Paypal and lost both my money and the model. All along, I thought I was dealling with a reputable seller and never expected he would shaft me. Lesson learnt !
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:48 am

my only other issue with pandavia was the very first neo yanktank i bought ever had crinkled metal etch trim around roof..his reply is i have no more available ( funny he listed more later) and I can send back at my cost for refund as " neo are so bad now" < his words

my last problem on ebay purchase was seller sent wrong colour model, he resent correct one and i post back he paid no issues.
Lars

Marcellix

Post by Marcellix » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:25 am

I don't like to buy from this seller. No real problems, but hard to get satisfactory responses without delay etcetera.
But the last time I've got a damaged model from another HK seller, I just sent an email that a part was missing. Immediate response. Without any further questions asked, I had a replacement within 10 days. No extra costs, no shipping it back to them.
(Sending a model to Asia costs about 25 euro, traceable. So that's no option most of the time.)

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:26 am

I stopped dealing with that seller and his associates some time back now and have to say i may have paid a few quid more here and there but i haven't missed the terrible service when you have a problem. Did i say terrible, what i meant was non-existant
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:20 am

I bought a TSM McLaren F1 from this seller, the #50 Giroix Racing car, they sent me #51 Harrods car instead (which i already had). When i pointed out the error the seller wanted me to return it at my cost and pay postage again to send the right one back out. I ended up having to claim back through ebay's dispute system. I got my money back plus the return postage after agreeing to returning the model and the seller not to bother sending me the right car. A terrible seller that i won't be doing business with ever again.

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:48 am

checking my ebay feedback history..

bought from garys-model 5 times (his other since unregistered username.)

bought from pandvia-model 10 times includes recent purchase.

ACCOUNTS FOR NOTHING!!!

last time..thats for sure. there is no service..course if i do open a case i will have to pay return shipping anyways, either refund or replacement....at least that logs on his account but means too i will have to send registered which will cost a bomb rather than cheapest.
Lars

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:22 am

If I notice that a vendor is reluctant to co-operate or takes forever to reply, I send him a message that I want this matter resolved within x days (being the ebay dispute period) or he gets negative feedback. Usually works fine. And I don't do business with anyone with a less than 99% positive feedback rating, there's always one or two you cannot please but too many's a red flag.

Jager

Post by Jager » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:01 pm

Tom wrote:And I don't do business with anyone with a less than 99% positive feedback rating, there's always one or two you cannot please but too many's a red flag.
The funny thing is he has only 4 negative feedbacks from +1200 transactions in the last 6 months, so his feedback rating is fine, yet all of us have had bad experiences. Perhaps the eBay feedback system isn't what it used to be and is no longer a reliable guide to a Seller's behaviour.

Ralf B.

Post by Ralf B. » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:16 pm

Totally agree with your evaluation of eBay's feedback rating.
I think the seller in question trades "subprime" items; I bought from him two times, both models were defective, but could be corrected with BMF.
These models were good value, so I did not open an eBay/PayPal case, but I will steer clear of him in future.
“It should have been me, driving that Dynaflow."

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:11 pm

I have bought a couple of models from him, luckily without any problems. However, it's good to know all this, in order to think twice before ordering from him again! :?
-Julio-

Baxter

Post by Baxter » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:46 pm

I checked US eBay so I could know to avoid him but he apparently doesn't sell there. the username is registered but there were no sales.

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:28 pm

I 'think' he is sending replacement and I will send back defective once arrives..hard to know with OK! being answer to almost every query..time will tell
Lars

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:03 pm

OK!

^This phrase means nothing, this pandavia model man is useless.back on august 2 confimed he would sent replacement model and when arrive i would send back replacement at his cost..I have not opened a case...yet.

asked 10 august checking has been posted.

12 august comes back please confirm address...really?? same as the one on original invoice...

DO NOT recommend anyone else buys from him, LAST time for me confirmed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear pandavia-model,

what?

same address as on original invoice..really? why not sent yet?

lars
Xxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxx
wellington
new zealand.

I have not opened a case but I need the replacement with no missing pieces so you will actually open the box and have a look please.

I need the replacement to check is ok BEFORE i send the other one back as we discussed before

thanks

- xxxx

To: xxxx
Subject: Re: I have a question about using my item or I want to send the seller a message:
sent a message about 1 43 ACE Hand Crafted Model HOLDEN
Sent Date: Aug-11-15 08:27:19 PDT

Dear xxxx

hello!please confirm tyour name and address,best regards!pandavia-model

- pandavia-model

To: pandavia-model
Subject: Re: I have a question about using my item or I want to send the seller a message:
Sent Date: Aug-10-15 12:44:40 PDT

Dear pandavia-model,

hi

just checking in that the replacement holden vc commodore has been posted to my new zealand address.
the faulty one is packed up ready to sent back whennew one arrives.

cheers

- xxxx

Sent Date: Aug-02-15 03:30:00 PDT

Dear xxxx

hello!yes,best regards!pandavia-model

- pandavia-model

Sent Date: Aug-02-15 03:24:46 PDT

Dear pandavia-model,

assume OK! means you pay me $12US to ship it back.
I would of course ship it back when the replacement arrives you understand, you have my word that I shall do so LAW HEI KWOK.

Cheers

- xxxx

Sent Date: Aug-02-15 02:53:20 PDT

Dear xxxx

OK!

- pandavia-model

Sent Date: Jul-31-15 22:21:07 PDT

Dear pandavia-model,

cheapest shipping cost will be $12US from nz to hk. are you prepared to reimburse me for this return or am i supposed to pay out of my pocket?

cheers

- xxxx

Sent Date: Jul-31-15 19:52:43 PDT

Dear xxxx

hello!sorry!please sent back this error model to my HK address,my address is : ROOM 427-CHI MEI HOUSE-CHOI HUNG ESTATE-KOWLOON-HONG KONG,and my name is : LAW HEI KWOK,my phone number is : 0085296067092,and i will sent you another brand new model,best regards!pandavia-model
Last edited by rotormotor on Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lars

Jager

Post by Jager » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:04 pm

Just open a case against him Lars. It seems that's the only way he will deal with problems.

Does anyone have an address for him in Hong Kong ? I'd like to pay hm a visit next time I'm there and ask "politely" for my money back.

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:42 am

There is an address in Lars' post above yours, not sure if it's anything but a mailing address though.

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:14 am

Latest crap..maybe I should put this in google translate

hello!I now not in HK for my holiday,best regards!pandavia-model

at least no more OK!

first he wants me to confirm my address, then he remembers DOH hes actually on holiday.

He is saying (I think) he is not in HK but on holiday so will ship later when he can be bothered, wonders why he didnt inform when hes back at home :? :? :?

:roll:

went to 'request a refund' seems you can now not attach previous pics to the case as defaults to camera on tablet..dunno why when if you contact seller direct can attach pics from gallery :?

This transaction was with 2 other models so I can leave a veeery good feedback description with 3 to place AND the extra follow up feedback comment x 3.
Lars

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:46 am

I think I dealt only once with them (dont remember), a couple of years ago, and they were good as we negotiated on a lower price (bought several models at once), no issues with the delivery nor the models.

I tried to repeat the same operation several times more with no luck, and the last time I sent an ebay price offer (indicating all other details with additional models and total cost I was ready to pay), he accepted my "bid" with no excuses and claimed for the payment. The automatic ebay system opened a case on me as I did not pay, but somehow it got due and no problems for me.

Lesson learnt, the communication with them is a pain in the a$$, and was worth before as I could get a good price, but it seems I should forget them better.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:21 am

open a case..found this on the" ebay moneyback guarantee "

Who pays for return shipping?

It depends on the reason for the return and the seller's return policy. In most cases, sellers designate that the buyer will pay for return shipping and any restocking fees if specified in their return policy. Some sellers offer free return shipping.If the item is damaged or not as described, sellers must cover return shipping costs. When you're responsible for return shipping charges, we'll charge your PayPal account if the item is shipped with an eBay label. For more details, including approximate shipping costs.
Lars

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:48 am

The important thing is to not let it drag on and exceed the dispute window. That's what I've found many sellers banking on.

thetrooper

Post by thetrooper » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:59 pm

What Ebay says doesn't count as you received a damaged model. If you just changed your mind and wanted to send it back for a refund then you have to cover the costs for that.
I'd open a case ASAP as it sounds like he's dragging it out to me. Once it's open he can drag it out, but you'll still be covered be Ebay this way.
Steve

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:14 am

eBay sided with me to return and seller pays, when I tell him be $35US tracked from nz..surprise, surprise ignoring me..until I inform eBay and they said will contact him.

Offered him cheapest( non tracked) prior to case opened..should have maybe gone with that..

finally a reply

"hello!i think no needed to ship back this model,you use a hammer total demaged this model and sent me photos,and i will refund no problem,,best regards!pandavia-model "

so what destroy first and then 'hope' he will refund after....would you??
words fail me.

we need a sticky thread with sellers/websites to avoid or at least tread carefully dealing with ..
Lars

Jager

Re: model arrived missing parts..return shipping..latest 20/8

Post by Jager » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:38 am

Destroy it with a hammer - really :roll:

What was the model again ? Can you buy a cheap $3 Welly/Burago etc of the same colour and smash it to pieces so its unrecogniseable and send him photos of that.

Baxter

Re: model arrived missing parts..return shipping..latest 20/8

Post by Baxter » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:39 am

You found the model unacceptable because it was missing a rear lense. I assume that even if he simply refunded the money, you would still find the model unacceptable. Smash it. Why the hesitation? Are you planning to sell it as a damaged model? That's precisely why he wants you to smash it, so you don't take advantage of him and collect money on a model you obtained for free.

I understand that he has been a jerk throughout the whole process and don't think anyone should buy from him. But his request is not unreasonable. You don't want the model so destroy it. Otherwise you should have been asking for a partial refund instead of a full one.

Yes, you have to trust that he will refund once you send the photos. You have eBay on your side if he does not.