New collection being released "Genuine Ford Parts"

News, Rumors and Gossip
GBOAC002

Re: New collection being released "Genuine Ford Parts"

Post by GBOAC002 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:21 am

Rough finish to the tops of the doors on that example.

I'll bet that it's too late for white walls....

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:17 am

just saw them today and read the whole topic now. i really don't believe those models cost so much that a 90 euro price is requested but i see that everyone making resin these days are asking for close or above 100 euros per piece...and is not always the best piece....i fell into that for some models and i would have fallen even more if the money for a year's aqusitions weren't spent in 2 months. As i said before, i surrender in front of this new trend of asking 100 euros for the models, i feel exactly like i felt at 15 when all i had was the little money my parents afforded to give a teenager, that was enough for a coke and a bagel a day and i was looking at some minichamps that costed back then around 20 dollars and couldn't wait to grow up and afford them....i had a good run and i would have loved to be able to keep it up and get those special and nice models but it gets harder and harder....apparently the producers want only the best of us to own their models...now i see these fords i admit i like for another 90 euro a piece and i have to say pass. i look to the next i like and i see minichamps spitting in my face. i turn to schuco and they are not giving change for 100 anymore...i will hope more and more collectors WAKE UP and refuse those prices....we kinda got used to them now they are going around for a couple of years and don't seem outrageous but just think about it: 100 euros or USD is serious money....

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:26 am

Agree wholeheartedly. I know people look down on Ixo/Altaya but they're all I could - sort of - afford.
I guess the large numbers of previously expensive models on sale for much more attractive prices indicates that people aren't as happy to buy anything like they used to, so lots of models remain unsold. I could stomach a Neo for less than 40 euros, not for 60+. Alas, the trend is still to adjust prices upward.

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:56 am

That's beautiful! ;)

But, definitely not 90 Euro beautiful! :evil:

...and, I also insist, it needs whitewalls!
-Julio-

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:21 pm

too late, they are out already....perhaps the next ones will have that...for a merely extra 10 euros.

Rat

Post by Rat » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:18 pm

I just sold my Ertl that was exactly the same color so I have no choice but to buy this one. The black wall tires don't bother me too much.

IFHP

Post by IFHP » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:28 am

I'm a little concerned that the grille has been overly simplified. Still on my list though.

Image1960 Ford Country Squire by Michael, on Flickr
Last edited by IFHP on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Collector of 1:43 Scale Fords

ImageHighway Scene by Michael, on Flickr

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:57 am

Wagon looks even better IMO. And yes, it needs whitewalls.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:30 am

White walls would help dress this one up a lot.

On the cost issue, I am in the camp of knwing exactly how hard I work for $100 and I really don't enjoy trading that labor for a model car. I can't say never but I can say the car has to be very special in its execution and its personal meaning to me.
Jeff
ImageImage

Baxter

Post by Baxter » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:07 pm

IFHP

Post by IFHP » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:16 am

A strange trick of the mind just came to my attention regarding the silver version of the Starliner. All this time I've been seeing this model as "perrywinkle" not silver, which was a unique color for the 1960 Ford Galaxie. I did not realize that it wasn't perrywinkle until I was on MCW and saw it listed as silver. Too bad, perrywinkle with a white top would be an excellent choice for his model.

Image1960 Ford Starliner & Sunliner (USA) by Michael, on Flickr

dcast

Post by dcast » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:07 am

Black wash might improve the grille in that model, should've been done by the factory with this kind of price. Love the comments about prices today in this thread, I agree completely. My wage isn't that high so thinking how much I have to work to get 100€ in my hand after all the taxes, etc. costs, makes me think twice do I really need a model that expensive, most of the time the answer is no.

IFHP

Post by IFHP » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:51 am

I see that for the the next week or so, American Excellence (MCW) has the entire Genuine Ford rang (now up to six models) on sale for US $48. It may be time for me to bite the apple.

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu May 11, 2017 3:03 pm

I've seen them in European shops too. I'd be tempted if they'd fitted whitewalls, and lower prices would help too. I don't think they're in the league of Spark models.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:36 pm

I noticed the half price sale and definitely not tempted. They could have been better with more attention to detail. Hoping that IXO might get round to diecast metal coupe, convertible, and sedan as their 60 Country Squire Station Wagon is doing ok and pops up in different colourways.

It would be nice to see a partworks series of '55-69 American cars. Surely if Eastern European makes warrant a product line US and Aussie big cars deserve a series too.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:58 pm

I saw the wagon, it was full priced and nowhere near worth the price of admission. I would have to look again if it was half price.
Jeff
ImageImage

culture

Post by culture » Fri May 12, 2017 2:08 am

The trouble with the collection is they have nice details but the overall shape of the cars is off:
- Mercury Cougar - compared to the old Vitesse model, the details are nicely executed but the general shape is off
- 55 T bird - compared to the Minichamps the bumper details are overly done and the headlights and grille are not as accurate
- 62 T bird - way better than the old Solido version but the headlight surrounds are applied sloppily

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Sat May 13, 2017 9:39 am

I don't think there is one thing right about the shape of the Cougar.
Jeff
ImageImage

IFHP

Post by IFHP » Thu May 18, 2017 2:04 am

Am I the first person the actualy a model from this range? I went for the yellow 1960 Starliner and I'm happier with it than I expected.

ImageFord Starliner (1960) by Motorhead by Michael, on Flickr

ImageComparison by Michael, on Flickr

Comparison with Premium X model.

ImageComparison by Michael, on Flickr

IFHP

Post by IFHP » Thu May 18, 2017 2:07 am

GBOAC002 wrote:I noticed the half price sale and definitely not tempted. They could have been better with more attention to detail. Hoping that IXO might get round to diecast metal coupe, convertible, and sedan as their 60 Country Squire Station Wagon is doing ok and pops up in different colourways.

It would be nice to see a partworks series of '55-69 American cars. Surely if Eastern European makes warrant a product line US and Aussie big cars deserve a series too.
Yes, I like your idea of a larger range of die cast 1960 Fords from IXO and the Idea of a 1950's and 60's US car partwork series.