HobbyDB scores big with Minichamps Archive.

News, Rumors and Gossip
JSB33
Site Admin

HobbyDB scores big with Minichamps Archive.

Post by JSB33 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:48 am

Nice to see all this information finally available to the collector.

http://blog.hobbydb.com/2016/12/02/ever ... one-place/
Jeff
ImageImage

Serafa

Re: HobbyDB scores big with Minichamps Archive.

Post by Serafa » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am

This is going to be of a huge importance. I wish Spark was able to do the same.

I am building myself a F1 database of all models released so far, however I narrowed the scope to seasons between 1974 and 1986.

Since more than half of those models were made by Minichamps, this database will help a lot validating my database.

After I have it completed (I don't think it's going to take long), I can expand the scope by adding more F1 seasons or even other motorsport divisions.

Joschik

Post by Joschik » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:26 am

Hi Serafa, love to see your F1 database, maybe we can help each other? After all, hobbyDB is build for all collectors to compile the ultimate database (here a sample page for a driver - https://www.hobbydb.com/subjects/stirling-moss-driver. Please send me a private message.

Christian

Joschik

Post by Joschik » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi Serafa, I got your PM but cannot reply as yet (too low status here on the board). I like your plans and wanted to discuss further. Can you contact me via the chat function (blue button on the bottom right of each page on http://www.hobbyDB.com)), please?

Christian

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:46 pm

unfortunately IXO won't be able to do that...they don't have records of all that was released over the years....i found out when i tried to get the ixo database...

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Joschik wrote:Hi Serafa, I got your PM but cannot reply as yet (too low status here on the board). I like your plans and wanted to discuss further. Can you contact me via the chat function (blue button on the bottom right of each page on http://www.hobbyDB.com)), please?

Christian
Message sent! ;)

Joschik

Post by Joschik » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi Johnny,

If you like we could try to create an IXO database, they are part of our "target" list anyway. Let me know if you like to discuss it.

Christian

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:19 am

Hi guys,
I just wanted to let you know that I am joining the HobbyDB project as a curator for the Formula 1 and Le Mans pages.
My main contribution will be on Formula 1 of course, since I have a more comprehensive knowledge in this area of motorsport and Le Mans is still something relatively new for me. However, since the Le Mans page didn't have yet a curator, I decided to contribute with that as well.
I know that we have a long road ahead, however, it will be enormously helpful as a comprehensive tool to support collectors.
Any suggestion from the fellow collectors in the forum will be highly appreciated.

Jager

Post by Jager » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:54 am

Serafa wrote:Hi guys,
I just wanted to let you know that I am joining the HobbyDB project as a curator for the Formula 1 and Le Mans pages.
My main contribution will be on Formula 1 of course, since I have a more comprehensive knowledge in this area of motorsport and Le Mans is still something relatively new for me. However, since the Le Mans page didn't have yet a curator, I decided to contribute with that as well.
I know that we have a long road ahead, however, it will be enormously helpful as a comprehensive tool to support collectors.
Any suggestion from the fellow collectors in the forum will be highly appreciated.
Bruno, I have a personal database of just about every Le Mans models. Let me know if you need help.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:03 am

Jager wrote:
Serafa wrote:Hi guys,
Bruno, I have a personal database of just about every Le Mans models. Let me know if you need help.
That would be a huge help! If you don't mind sharing with me, it could save a lot of work so I can use this as a starting point.
Bruno.

danny

Post by danny » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 am

You got one of F1 cars in your mailbox. It is not up to date and in dutch , but it can be for some use anyway. If you want i can send you my Porsche le mans one as well.

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:57 am

danny wrote:You got one of F1 cars in your mailbox. It is not up to date and in dutch , but it can be for some use anyway. If you want i can send you my Porsche le mans one as well.
Thank you so much for your help, Danny! I just replied to your e-mail.

Your database does not only have the models, but all F1 results correlated to the models. Fantastic work!