Spark 2017

News, Rumors and Gossip
Makalu

Re: Spark 2017

Post by Makalu » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:50 am

Jager wrote:
Makalu wrote:Pleased about the Mazda 787 and the 95 winning McLaren F1, a hard to find car and a fairly poor existing model respectively.
You obviously haven't seen the HPI examples of these cars Alex. I really don't see why Spark is doing these, except for the fact they want to release every winner.
You'd recommend the HPI models then? At least their McLaren seems to have the colours looking good, it's odd how the grey lower has tripped every manufacturer up.

SPR Models

Post by SPR Models » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:27 am

Makalu wrote:Do Spark really get all those models released within the year? It seems they're making the most of Audi's withdrawal considering all the LM winning re-releases they have announced.

Pleased about the Mazda 787 and the 95 winning McLaren F1, a hard to find car and a fairly poor existing model respectively.
Hi Makalu. Are you referring to 43LM91 (Mazda 787B) and 43LM95 (McLaren F1) as listed at the bottom of page 10 of the 2017 Catalogue? I'm sorry to tell you this, but I very much doubt that Spark intend to re-release these models. This list of previously released 1:43rd Le Mans winners seems to appear in every Catalogue, and every year we (SPR Models) receive enquiries from Customers wanting to order them. However when we ask Spark, their response is, "No weren't not re-releasing them, we are simply listing all the winners that we have produced in the past, as a reference for Customers."

I know it's confusing, but bottom line is, this is not a list of future re-releases. The only time that Spark will consider re-releasing one of these models, is if they receive sufficient interest/orders from their network of Distributors.

However, if you are looking for 43LM95, then I can help you out. We still have a few of these models in stock.

Cheers, John

SPR Models

Post by SPR Models » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:06 am

Jager wrote:Having now found the time to cross reference the new Spark announcements against my Le Mans database, I'm more encouraged than I was initially. I count around ~70 all new announcements for 2017 (separate to the cars there were already announced in previous years), which in addition to the ~50 cars from the 2016 race means around ~120 new announcements in total. An average of 2 per week is more than enough for me.

Some highlights for me include :

1954 Aston Martin DB3's (x3)
1957 Osca Sport 750 (x2)
1959 Aston Martin DBR-1 (x3)
1964 Sunbeam Tiger (x2)
1970 - 1972 Corvettes (x3)
1994 Alpine A610 Turbo
More Porsche 904, 906, 906, 910, 911, 934, 935, 956 & 962 (x30 !)
I agree with you Ian. When I first glanced through the Catalogue, I initially thought that there weren't too many 'new' releases, because my eye kept being drawn to all the previously announced models that I recognized from the 2016 Catalogue. However, you're absolutely right. When I had a more thorough look, there are definitely about 40 Le Mans cars that will be added to my collections, along with some Sebring and Targa Florio models.

And let's not forget, this year Spark will be releasing a record number of Motorbikes, Road cars, and Rally cars. Although these aren't my favourites, they take production time away from our beloved Le Mans cars, and they will appeal to a lot of other collectors.

In addition, this initial online version of the Catalogue is not the definitive list, and does not include all of Spark's proposed 2017 releases. They have already said that the Catalogue will be amended before the hard copies are printed next month. Plus they will announce more releases throughout the year (including there 'National' releases, '2017 Le Mans', and 'Endurance Sports cars'). So fingers crossed that there will be even more interesting releases to come.

Cheers, John

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:56 am

Great news, John! The bottom line is that Spark will release more 1/43 racing cars than ever.

Makalu

Post by Makalu » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:55 am

SPR Models wrote:
Makalu wrote:Do Spark really get all those models released within the year? It seems they're making the most of Audi's withdrawal considering all the LM winning re-releases they have announced.

Pleased about the Mazda 787 and the 95 winning McLaren F1, a hard to find car and a fairly poor existing model respectively.
Hi Makalu. Are you referring to 43LM91 (Mazda 787B) and 43LM95 (McLaren F1) as listed at the bottom of page 10 of the 2017 Catalogue? I'm sorry to tell you this, but I very much doubt that Spark intend to re-release these models. This list of previously released 1:43rd Le Mans winners seems to appear in every Catalogue, and every year we (SPR Models) receive enquiries from Customers wanting to order them. However when we ask Spark, their response is, "No weren't not re-releasing them, we are simply listing all the winners that we have produced in the past, as a reference for Customers."

I know it's confusing, but bottom line is, this is not a list of future re-releases. The only time that Spark will consider re-releasing one of these models, is if they receive sufficient interest/orders from their network of Distributors.

However, if you are looking for 43LM95, then I can help you out. We still have a few of these models in stock.

Cheers, John
Hey John, thanks for the response. To be honest that was the news I was hoping to hear. I'm quite happy to see Spark not re-releasing some of their harder to find winners, the 2014 R18 for example.

I'm avoiding the 95 McLaren for the time simply because they all seem to have that common fault with the grey paint around the bottom being a completely wrong colour compared to the real thing.

Cheers.

SPR Models

Post by SPR Models » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:36 pm

Makalu wrote:
SPR Models wrote:

Cheers, John
Hey John, thanks for the response. To be honest that was the news I was hoping to hear. I'm quite happy to see Spark not re-releasing some of their harder to find winners, the 2014 R18 for example.

I'm avoiding the 95 McLaren for the time simply because they all seem to have that common fault with the grey paint around the bottom being a completely wrong colour compared to the real thing.

Cheers.
I do understand about the 1995 McLaren. At Le Mans the grey around the bottom certainly looked a bit darker in many of the images. The lighter grey is more how the car looked after the race at Goodwood and other events. Unusual for both Spark & TSM to get it wrong. Although of course Minimax produced both models.

k1w1taxi

Post by k1w1taxi » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:48 am

SPR Models wrote:
I agree with you Ian. When I first glanced through the Catalogue, I initially thought that there weren't too many 'new' releases, because my eye kept being drawn to all the previously announced models that I recognized from the 2016 Catalogue. However, you're absolutely right. When I had a more thorough look, there are definitely about 40 Le Mans cars that will be added to my collections, along with some Sebring and Targa Florio models.
Eventually :) There being an awful lot of cars from the16 - and even earlier catalogs - still to be made.
SPR Models wrote:And let's not forget, this year Spark will be releasing a record number of Motorbikes, Road cars, and Rally cars. Although these aren't my favourites, they take production time away from our beloved Le Mans cars, and they will appeal to a lot of other collectors.

In addition, this initial online version of the Catalogue is not the definitive list, and does not include all of Spark's proposed 2017 releases. They have already said that the Catalogue will be amended before the hard copies are printed next month. Plus they will announce more releases throughout the year (including there 'National' releases, '2017 Le Mans', and 'Endurance Sports cars'). So fingers crossed that there will be even more interesting releases to come.

Cheers, John
I sometimes wonder at this, especially given the comments above re 2016 listings. Mind you I also notice ther is no sign of the PP collection in this years catalog other than the 2016 winner, I wonder what this means for my 95 Millen Celica I am waiting on or the chance of the Tundra. Unlike the 2016 LM cars which are not in the catalog but are on the website only a small number of I think already released cars are showing for PP.

Also I fail to follow the logic of the 1:43 LM winner listings I am sure they have not made everything on that list, yet without going elsewhere I can't work out what has been done and what is currently available and what is actually planned. If they want to keep listing what has been made then they need to differentiate those listings from the current or planned models.

On a final note I see some 1988 and 1989 Safari Subarus listed, perhaps you could have a word John and mention the other Works Subaru driver in those years - he did manage Top 10 finishes both times and I know the models would sell very well here and Australia ;)

Cheers
Lee

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:04 am

spark not doing wtcc cars any more?

not looking promising to get an S60 TC1 car. :\

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:23 pm

It looks like IXO now has some competition, at least in terms of the 2017 Monte Carlo WRC cars.

The Maltings

Post by The Maltings » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:18 pm

My money is on Spark getting past the winning post first delivery time wise even though Ixo are saying May! At least Spark are promising the still-born Polo.

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:42 am

I think I'll pick up the Dan Camish British Carrera Cup wining car, especially since the team, Redline Racing, are located 5 miles from me :)

The Maltings

Post by The Maltings » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:02 am

Hoping that Spark will model some more of the rally Porsche GT3s like the Spanish championship winning car of Vallejo or Cruz's version from the Canary Islands but think I might be wasting my time... :|

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:16 pm

It's already March and I don't see their updated catalogue on their website yet. :roll:

philsaunders

Post by philsaunders » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Spark has launched a new brand through a french model club called Club MileziM. Exclusive editions of historic french cars I think available on a subscription basis. Check it out here: http://www.sparkeditions.com/ and here https://www.facebook.com/pg/SparkModelF ... 6538353374
Friends don't let friends early apex...

The Maltings

Post by The Maltings » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:35 pm

Don think Ixo will bother with the stillborn 2017 Polo WRC so that's a must.

SPR Models

Post by SPR Models » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:03 pm

k1w1taxi wrote: I sometimes wonder at this, especially given the comments above re 2016 listings. Mind you I also notice ther is no sign of the PP collection in this years catalog other than the 2016 winner, I wonder what this means for my 95 Millen Celica I am waiting on or the chance of the Tundra. Unlike the 2016 LM cars which are not in the catalog but are on the website only a small number of I think already released cars are showing for PP.

Cheers
Lee
Spark has confirmed that they do intend to continue with the Pikes Peak Collection, despite nothing new appearing in the 2017 Catalogue. The following models will be released soon...

• PP005 : Toyota Celica #1 Pikes Peak 1995 (Rod Millen)
• 43PP85 : Audi Sport quattro #1 W1nner Pikes Peak 1985 (M. Mouton)

Sorry, no others details about future releases yet.

The Maltings

Post by The Maltings » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:36 pm

That's good to hear as traded my Giro D' Italia side line for Pikes Peak! It would be a travesty if Spark had discontinued this range having gone down the branded box route etc. As a rally fan there are a number of direct links for me, for example Per Eklund's Saab Vigen would be nice! Even Monster's specials are fine as he was a rally man at the start as was Millen.

David MG

Post by David MG » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:47 am

Aston Martin V8 Sportsman

Aston Martin DB4 Convertible
Cheers,
David

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:11 am

Both those look great, especially the DB4 in that blue 8-)

reeft1

Post by reeft1 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:31 am

Oh my! That DB4....

Jager

Post by Jager » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:55 am

I quite like Sportsman, but don't know the 1:1 at all to know if its accurate.

I'm less taken with the DB4. The white interior with the bright blue paint looks like its come from "Pimp My Ride" than Newport Pagnell :D .
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:58 pm

That DB4 looks great! ;)
-Julio-

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:44 am

Interior of the DB4 looks more gray than white to me, Ian.

David MG

Post by David MG » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:19 am

Comparison of V8 Sportsman 1:! to Spark

There is a 1:1 pimp out there!

I think Spark's cameraman has overdone the saturation again!
Cheers,
David