Matrix & GLM 2015

News, Rumors and Gossip
Post Reply
vadim
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: Bucks County, Pa
Contact:

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by vadim » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:02 am

Paulius43 wrote:
GarageOnAWall wrote:This is one I'll buy, even as a Matrix!

I have the IXO black limousine, so refreshing to get a 'color'!

BB
Its a GLM so substantially more expensive than a Matrix.
Almost all are..... but the Lincoln is more in the Matrix price range. This is why I had said reasonably priced, as I meant its not in the GLM price range.

User avatar
Baxter
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Baxter » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Count me out then. I won't pay full Matrix price and definitely not GLM price. It's not just that they are expensive, but also that so many models are released by another company a few years later with better quality and lower prices. I would not expect to see another Dodge Coronet or DeSoto Adventurer but the Lincoln is recognized as an American classic and we have not seen the last of it. It not being a Matrix also eliminates my chances of seeing it in a more pleasing color from BoS.

Because of the cost, I have not paid much attention to GLM. But my impression is that they always get the model correct, where Matrix occasionally makes large mistakes.

User avatar
Paulius43
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Valencia, Spain

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Paulius43 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:15 am

Out of the sky, new Matrix goodies due soon:

October:
Cadillac Superior 51+ Ambulance 1970
Image

Pegaso Z-102 Series II Berlinetta Saoutchik White silver
Image

November:
Was it shown here alrady?
Mustang Mustero Pick-Up black 1966
Image

December: I almost dropped off my seat now:
Plymouth XNR Ghia Concept red 1960
Image
OMG!! Straight to the wishlist. I never ever expected to see this one in 1/43!

Bugatti Type 40 Roadster black/red 1921
Image

TBA
Duesenberg SJ 572-2596 Convertible Coupe SWB Bohman & Schwarz Maroon 1935
Image
Not an expert on this but looks too chunky?

Hispano Suiza K6 Henri Chapron Coach Mouette #16069 maroon/maroon 1935
Image

Riley RME Green/black 1952
Image
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14311
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by David MG » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:29 am

Paulius43 wrote:

Pegaso Z-102 Series II Berlinetta Saoutchik White silver
Image


Hispano Suiza K6 Henri Chapron Coach Mouette #16069 maroon/maroon 1935
Image

Riley RME Green/black 1952
Image
On my list as of NOW.
The Riley is a must.
Cheers,
David

rotormotor
Posts: 3055
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:27 pm
Location: Wellington ~ New Zealand

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by rotormotor » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:09 am

Paulius43 wrote:Out of the sky, new Matrix goodies due soon:

November:
Was it shown here alrady?
Mustang Mustero Pick-Up black 1966
Image
This one is very intriguing, much like the wagon variant.
Lars

Marcellix
Posts: 1179
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Marcellix » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:49 am

Paulius43 wrote: December: I almost dropped off my seat now:
Plymouth XNR Ghia Concept red 1960
Image
OMG!! Straight to the wishlist. I never ever expected to see this one in 1/43!
O la la... Just hope they'll do some minor tweaks in the detailing. Like the straight up extra windshield, while the extra seat is closed.

DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25959
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:53 am

Paulius43 wrote:
Pegaso Z-102 Series II Berlinetta Saoutchik White silver
Image

Plymouth XNR Ghia Concept red 1960
Image
OMG!! Straight to the wishlist. I never ever expected to see this one in 1/43!

Duesenberg SJ 572-2596 Convertible Coupe SWB Bohman & Schwarz Maroon 1935
Image
Not an expert on this but looks too chunky?

Hispano Suiza K6 Henri Chapron Coach Mouette #16069 maroon/maroon 1935
Image
Great announcements! :o

The Pegaso looks great, although I'd prefer it in red, as I saw it. XNR will be extremely tempting! The Duesenberg and especially the Hispano Suiza, are going to be very hard to resist! 8-)
-Julio-

BertOne
Posts: 2365
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by BertOne » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 am

Wow! Plymouth and Pegaso are absolute definites - both long time wishlist musts for me.

Rat
Posts: 8722
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada
Contact:

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Rat » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:41 pm

The Plymouth XNR Ghia is a big surprise and it will reside at the top of my shopping list as well. Now, do I dare to hope that Matrix will also make the one Chrysler concept that's been eluding me for many years - the 1968 Dodge Charger III?

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 27635
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by scalainj » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Got to have that Riley. Question is will they do a black and black.

Pegaso looks great too
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

User avatar
Paulius43
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Valencia, Spain

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Paulius43 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:30 am

Rat wrote:The Plymouth XNR Ghia is a big surprise and it will reside at the top of my shopping list as well. Now, do I dare to hope that Matrix will also make the one Chrysler concept that's been eluding me for many years - the 1968 Dodge Charger III?
Count me in for the Charger III! Could get the Ban Seng, but I'll prefer a Matrix anyway :)
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

vadim
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: Bucks County, Pa
Contact:

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by vadim » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:16 am

[quote="Paulius43"]Out of the sky, new Matrix goodies due soon:

October:
Cadillac Superior 51+ Ambulance 1970
Image



Received an email on them cars this morning, it said available in November from my distributor, so that means end of October release. I personally like this Cadillac Ambulance, very sharp looking car, but after seeing the price on it. I had decided to go with GLM instead. This one I like equally to the ambulance.

http://www.glmmodels.com/ProductShow-112.html

User avatar
dbonser
Site Admin
Posts: 6304
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by dbonser » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:51 am

MX20603-111 1966 Ford Mustang Mustero Pickup
MX41203-061 1956 Lancia Aurelia B56 Florida Berlina Pininfarina
MX51705-231 1956 Rolls-Royce 2-door Coupé Freestone & Webb Design

Image

User avatar
Baxter
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:05 pm
Location: Detroit, MI

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Baxter » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:55 pm

vadim wrote:Received an email on them cars this morning, it said available in November from my distributor, so that means end of October release. I personally like this Cadillac Ambulance, very sharp looking car, but after seeing the price on it. I had decided to go with GLM instead. This one I like equally to the ambulance.

http://www.glmmodels.com/ProductShow-112.html
That link pinged my virus scanner as containing a Blackhat Exploit SEO. But when I clicked for more info it said the link was safe.
edit: every page on that site sets off the same alarm.

DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25959
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:50 pm

The Lancia and that nice Rolls for me! ;)

...and, a new bank account too! 8-)
-Julio-

Marcellix
Posts: 1179
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Marcellix » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:58 pm

DeadCanDanceR wrote:The Lancia and that nice Rolls for me! ;)

...and, a new bank account too! 8-)
X2, that bank account ;)

BertOne
Posts: 2365
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by BertOne » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Paulius43 wrote:Count me in for the Charger III! Could get the Ban Seng, but I'll prefer a Matrix anyway :)
Surely not that easy just to buy a Ban Seng? I don't think I've ever seen one on ebay. I'd stick with my Ban Seng partly because it's a nice enough model but also because it's in a proper sized box!
It's great that Matrix are making these US concepts. In the last couple of years they've filled many gaps in my collection; Ghia Falcon, Rondine, De Soto Adventurer, Plymouth Explorer etc. but there's still plenty left - Chevy Astro 1, Monza, Chrysler Turboflyte, Bobby Darrin's Di Dia Caddy, Bob Hope's Mercury and so on....

Marcellix
Posts: 1179
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:37 am
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Marcellix » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:03 pm

BertOne wrote:
Paulius43 wrote:Count me in for the Charger III! Could get the Ban Seng, but I'll prefer a Matrix anyway :)
Surely not that easy just to buy a Ban Seng? I don't think I've ever seen one on ebay. I'd stick with my Ban Seng partly because it's a nice enough model but also because it's in a proper sized box!
It's great that Matrix are making these US concepts. In the last couple of years they've filled many gaps in my collection; Ghia Falcon, Rondine, De Soto Adventurer, Plymouth Explorer etc. but there's still plenty left - Chevy Astro 1, Monza, Chrysler Turboflyte, Bobby Darrin's Di Dia Caddy, Bob Hope's Mercury and so on....
Let's just hope they'll continue with all these examples, but in a slower pace...

vadim
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:11 pm
Location: Bucks County, Pa
Contact:

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by vadim » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Baxter wrote:
vadim wrote:Received an email on them cars this morning, it said available in November from my distributor, so that means end of October release. I personally like this Cadillac Ambulance, very sharp looking car, but after seeing the price on it. I had decided to go with GLM instead. This one I like equally to the ambulance.

http://www.glmmodels.com/ProductShow-112.html
That link pinged my virus scanner as containing a Blackhat Exploit SEO. But when I clicked for more info it said the link was safe.
edit: every page on that site sets off the same alarm.
Sometimes them virus scanners act strangely. Mine does not trigger anything on that page but does on other safe sites. Anyways here is the picture.

Imperial Crown Ghia Limousine
Image

DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25959
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:02 pm

That nice Imperial will eventually be in my collection! 8-)
-Julio-

User avatar
Keko
Posts: 2244
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:45 pm
Location: Cádiz, Andalucía, Spain

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Keko » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:24 pm

OMG!! how nice looks the Saoutchik Pegaso!! one for me!!
Visit my collection in : http://kekomovil.blogspot.com
Image

BertOne
Posts: 2365
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by BertOne » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:06 pm

The Matrix assault on our wallets continues....
Image
Image
Interesting as the porker is it's not for me. The Daimler is though.

DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25959
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:09 pm

That Daimler "Blue Clover" will find its way into my collection! 8-)
-Julio-

User avatar
Paulius43
Posts: 2439
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Valencia, Spain

Re: Matrix & GLM 2015

Post by Paulius43 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:56 am

The Daimler is surely nice, but who on Earth could make a van on a 356 ruining its beautiful lines?! Whats the purpose? Fast delivery pizza?..
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest