BoS Models - 2015

News, Rumors and Gossip
Marcellix

Re: BoS Models - 2015

Post by Marcellix » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:07 pm

dcast wrote:Wow, Pontiac Fiero! That one will be in my collection :)
In mine too. No matter what all experts have to say about a Fiero, I loved the looks of it :)

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:24 pm

Paulius43 wrote:Yup, I think we had a debate about this and it was sort of proven that BoS are Matrix models low cost copies (using silver paint instead of chrome plated P/E, and I suppose other details, including packaging).

Just saw these news:
A Matrix copy of Chevy Corvette Corvair in a color that BertOne wanted
Great, and it's a model that I'm not so bothered about that I want to pay for the extra quality of a Matrix so this'll do fine. In addition I seem to remember Andy stating the model was a little dumpy so perhaps this one will be better shaped, cheaper and in a proper sized box - a win, win, win!
Paulius43 wrote:Another Matrix knock off:

Nash PF Palm Beach, also increasing prices (to 39.95 eur)
Another one I like but not enough to pay Matrix prices for. I still don't like it enough in this colour but if BoS could make the metallic green version, I'm in!.

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:31 pm

Marcellix wrote:
In mine too. No matter what all experts have to say about a Fiero, I loved the looks of it :)
Just buy a Ferrari, that's what most of them ended up looking like anyway. :mrgreen:

Marcellix

Post by Marcellix » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:40 pm

Tom wrote:
Marcellix wrote:
Just buy a Ferrari, that's what most of them ended up looking like anyway. :mrgreen:
That was unfortunately the mistake that was often made, to turn this original design in someting vaguely resembling a Ferrari. I prefer this one.

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:05 pm

Marcellix wrote: BoS is much cheaper, 35 to 40 instead of 80 to 100 euro is a big gap. When you hold them up close, it is easy to see why one is more expensive than the other. But look at them from a normal distance on display, and the difference isn't that obvious. So I guess it's just what you want. When I really really want a model, I buy the expensive one. When I am in doubt, it is better to wait and see. Maybe there will be a cheap copy...
Exactly! :)

That's what I've been doing!!! I have a few Matrix models that I just had to have, no matter their price! And then, there have been some others, which I liked but I thought weren't worth the high Matrix price, so I bought the BoS version, and I'm quite happy with them! ;)
-Julio-