A Lock Up diorama

scalainj
Site Admin

Re: A Lock Up diorama

Postby scalainj » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:30 am

Thanks guys. Agree the last place you would expect to find a Rothmans 956 is in a lock up but stranger things have happened
Such as another being there too ;)

Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Alfaholic

Postby Alfaholic » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:27 am

Where is this lock-up Andy - I hope you have adequate security on hand.
Martin

JSB33
Site Admin

Postby JSB33 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:53 am

I hope the authorities are investigating.
Jeff
ImageImage

scalainj
Site Admin

Postby scalainj » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:22 am

Yes with these type of cars realism is perhaps wearing a touch thin. Nonetheless we plough on

Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

scalainj
Site Admin

Postby scalainj » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:31 am

Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Postby scalainj » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:33 am

Andy

Alfaholic

Postby Alfaholic » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Is that the guv'nor checking up on the stash of Betamax machines that recently fell off the back of a truck? ;)
Martin

David MG

Postby David MG » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:12 am

Martin, do we have similar Machiavellian minds?

David MG wrote:Is the owner around the lock ups collecting his cases of contraband Armagnac?
Cheers,
David

Alfaholic

Postby Alfaholic » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:56 am

David MG wrote:Martin, do we have similar Machiavellian minds?

David MG wrote:Is the owner around the lock ups collecting his cases of contraband Armagnac?

Could be, or is it just a natural weariness of people in posh motors. Actually, is is probably a result of watching too much 70s British TV :?
Martin

GarageOnAWall

Postby GarageOnAWall » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:58 pm

Bentley looks right at home there. Perhaps it's just about to enter a stall so the wife doesn't know that it exists :P We have 'mini storage' units the US today and you would be surprised at the things stored there to keep away from spouses etc etc. There's a gent that used to store a beautiful AC Cobra replica across from my Dad's unit and I always wondered if there was a 'story' as to why it's there? Well, now I have my own garage and no wife to say what car goes in :lol: BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

IFHP

Postby IFHP » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:58 am

I love what you have done wit this kit Andy.
Collector of 1:43 Scale Fords

ImageHighway Scene by Michael, on Flickr

scalainj
Site Admin

Postby scalainj » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:55 am

Alfaholic wrote:Is that the guv'nor checking up on the stash of Betamax machines that recently fell off the back of a truck? ;)

He certainly checking up, on what though we can only speculate

Alfaholic wrote:
David MG wrote:Martin, do we have similar Machiavellian minds?

Could be, or is it just a natural weariness of people in posh motors. Actually, is is probably a result of watching too much 70s British TV :?

Bit too much Minder perhaps :)

GarageOnAWall wrote:Bentley looks right at home there. Perhaps it's just about to enter a stall so the wife doesn't know that it exists :P We have 'mini storage' units the US today and you would be surprised at the things stored there to keep away from spouses etc etc. There's a gent that used to store a beautiful AC Cobra replica across from my Dad's unit and I always wondered if there was a 'story' as to why it's there? Well, now I have my own garage and no wife to say what car goes in :lol: BB

Could well be BB or as others have mentioned he is just here to check his 'stash'. That's the beauty of a diorama, you can put your own story to it
You lucky chap - you get to put whatever you want in the garage :)

IFHP wrote:I love what you have done wit this kit Andy.

Thanks very much Michael

Andy

GBOAC002

Postby GBOAC002 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:18 am

Hmmm...?

JSB33
Site Admin

Postby JSB33 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:41 am

Been my experience that cars of this class only find garage space after they become rusted out hulks.
Jeff
ImageImage

Tom

Postby Tom » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:06 am

This one looks a little more at home than the upmarket motors you've shown earlier.

scalainj
Site Admin

Postby scalainj » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:35 am

JSB33 wrote:Been my experience that cars of this class only find garage space after they become rusted out hulks.

These days I think most of these that have survived will live under cover now. But I do recall these being very common and when they were they weren't garage queens

Tom wrote:This one looks a little more at home than the upmarket motors you've shown earlier.

Yes, it suits the atmosphere better

Andy

GarageOnAWall

Postby GarageOnAWall » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:18 am

Lovely car and model and much prefer the colour on yours to my black version. Bet it was fun for those making the master to replicate those 'Inca' alloy rims :P Doesn't get any more Swedish than that Andy! Well, maybe if there were a few boxes of Ikea flatpack in the back :P BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

DavieW

Postby DavieW » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:52 am

Lovely SAAB.

dcast

Postby dcast » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Very nicely done Saab 99 model and the scenery is quite realistic in that diorama :)

Tom

Postby Tom » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:04 pm

No, no, no. This should be crashed into a corkscrew parking garage access ramp. :lol:

JSB33
Site Admin

Postby JSB33 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:10 pm

Could be the only one not painted black left in the entire world.
Jeff
ImageImage

scalainj
Site Admin

Postby scalainj » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:49 am

GarageOnAWall wrote:Lovely car and model and much prefer the colour on yours to my black version. Bet it was fun for those making the master to replicate those 'Inca' alloy rims :P Doesn't get any more Swedish than that Andy! Well, maybe if there were a few boxes of Ikea flatpack in the back :P BB

DavieW wrote:Lovely SAAB.

dcast wrote:Very nicely done Saab 99 model and the scenery is quite realistic in that diorama :)

Tom wrote:No, no, no. This should be crashed into a corkscrew parking garage access ramp. :lol:

JSB33 wrote:Could be the only one not painted black left in the entire world.

Something tells me the Saab is the right car for the diorama! Thanks for the comments guys.
Very unusual not to be in black - I struggle to recall having seen any that weren't black and certainly those that friends had back in the day were all black. I also remember the enormous turbo lag as well so whatever car I was driving at the time would get away whilst they languished behind waiting for boost and then all of sudden they would catch up and pass, the driver wrestling the steering wheel firmly trying to keep it from the foliage
Andy

Tom

Postby Tom » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:05 am

Black was indeed popular but this reddish brown metallic, bright orange and typical Saab colours like pale green and pale blue metallic also sold well here.

Jager

Postby Jager » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:54 am

Looks quite at home in the lockup......it just needs a big pool of oil under the engine.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Return to “1:43 Dioramas, Figures and Customized models”