Simple diorama of derelict land

orky

Re: Simple diorama of derelict land

Postby orky » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:38 pm

Thanks guys for the info - really helpful.

I wasn't even aware the ghia's do not have a spoiler :lol: however on the atlas model the spoiler is one unit with the rest of the bodywork and does not come off. Therefore it would have been a 2.8 injection model but....

I see what you mean about the atlas model compared to 1:1. IMO vanguards has the best model shape of the mk3 capri but badly let down by the base/front valance trim and rear being a separate unit to the rest of the body. Otherwise the model is very crisp and spot on. Atlas model seems IMO too thick and not as crisp as vanguards. + I've noticed the nose is too thin length-wise, and there's additional black pillars either sides of the nose in-between the headlights. This is probably why the nose isn't as wide as it should be. On the real (and vanguards) version the additional black pillars do not exist - and it's impossible to get rid of the these without ruining the model.

Anyhow, the atlas project has failed! Will switch back to the vanguards after xmas. I already have a stripped ghia shell and because of the amount of work required to make the body one whole unit I will respray it black. This'll make it easier because of all the black panels/ window trims etc.

orky

Postby orky » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:36 pm

The Capri is coming along really nicely albeit the slow progress... just a quick question though, can you get an original mk3 capri GL model with the same ghia bumpers? The ghia/injection bumpers have the overrides on whereas the lower spec models have the flat bumpers. I'm turning this model into a GL but need the correct bumpers, thanks in advance

orky

Postby orky » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:15 pm

they have the flat bumpers so in the process of doing these, so a bit of a hold up but finished pics should be up next weekend.

Will be a mk3 GL model with the GL wheeltrims, spares taken from cortina mk4 which are exactly the same and fit flush on the capri.

Return to “1:43 Dioramas, Figures and Customized models”