1/43 Diecast shops in Singapore

AdamYip

1/43 Diecast shops in Singapore

Post by AdamYip » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Does anyone know any good shops in Singapore? I'll go there next week for a day or two.

Cheers,
Adam

Jager

Re: 1/43 Diecast shops in Singapore

Post by Jager » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:45 am

Adam, Singapore is a real let down for model shops. I was there for a week in August and found very little. There used to be several shops, but I understand most have closed due to the high rents.

The best known shop is "Nikko"
Far East Plaza, #02-91
14 Scotts Road

Unfortunately much of their stock is old and at very inflated prices (ie US$ 50 for 1990's Onyx and Vitesse, US$ 65 for 1990's Minichamps DTM cars). Maybe you can get lucky and find something of interest, but I didn't.

http://www.nikkodiecast.com.sg/index.html

I did find the addresses of a few other stores through google and old threads on other forums, but they had generally closed. There was one other store I found selling high end BBR models and a handful of Sparks. I'll try to find the details.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

AdamYip

Post by AdamYip » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:05 am

Thanks Jager!

I guess after all the places I've travelled so far, there's no better place to get 1/43 model cars than Hong Kong, in terms of price and variety.

Cheers,
Adam

Arvid

Post by Arvid » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:36 am

theres nothing to see in Singapore:)
~~Murat~~

Jager

Post by Jager » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:13 am

AdamYip wrote:Thanks Jager!

I guess after all the places I've travelled so far, there's no better place to get 1/43 model cars than Hong Kong, in terms of price and variety.

Cheers,
Adam
To be honest, I find Hong Kong expensive. There is little you can find there that is priced at or below what you would pay on eBay.

AdamYip

Post by AdamYip » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:12 pm

I had to admit that retail shops in Hong Kong are also affected by high rent cost. Prices aren't competitive as any online stores. Sometimes I find it cheaper to order a few model cars from Germany (with shipping) than buying it straight from retail shops in Hong Kong. But in shops, I get to choose the model cars with the least defects and this is quite important to me. So I will still buy from retail shops despite its higher price.

Cheers,
Adam

Jager

Post by Jager » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:35 am

That makes sense Adam. The best shop I've found in Hong Kong is New Ace. They have a loyalty scheme card if your a regular customer, so you get 10 - 15% off whichbrings their prices closer to the international market. I've found they will also discount their older stock, whereas others don't, which also makes their prices more attractive.

The stores around Mongkok are interesting, but a bit 'hit and miss' in terms of what they offer and prices.

AdamYip

Post by AdamYip » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:39 pm

New Ace is my favourite shop in Hong Kong. I used to pay a visit to them once a week. They offer the most comprehensive brands of 1/43 model cars.

For the shops in Mongkok, I visit them once in a while and sometimes have surprises there.

Cheers,
Adam