The Le Mans Winners Database

guitardave_1

The Le Mans Winners Database

Post by guitardave_1 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:36 pm

Thought I would start compiling a thread which will eventually be the proper listing for the Le Mans winner models.

As suggested by Douglas, I will make this thread a sticky.

I intend to break down the thread into posts for each decade of winners. Each year will then contain the make and type of the real outright winner with drivers etc, a list of 1:43 models available, and the 'pick of the bunch'. This would initially be my decision but could be changed if the concensus was to do so. I will also post requests for suggestions and information where my knowledge of the available models is lacking - this will be frequently!

I think I can only face listing mainstream manufacturers and pre-built models. I know nothing of white metal and kits, and the listing would start to get unmanageable - the 1968 Ford GT40 for example is apparently made by no less than 13 companies in this scale :shock: I am not sure whether to include photos. For the immediate future I couldn't really spend the time to find pictures of all the models.

Anyhow, I'll get the listing underway and try to devise a format that works, and we can go from there.
Last edited by guitardave_1 on Sun May 30, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site

guitardave_1

Re: To Jeff et al...

Post by guitardave_1 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:54 pm

1923-1929
  • Chenard & Walcker Sport #9 - 120 Laps
  • Andre Lagache (F), Rene Leonard (F)
  • Altaya, IXO

• Bentley 3.0 Litre Sport #8 - 120 Laps
  • John Duff (CDN), Frank Clement (GB)
  • IXO

• Lorraine-Dietrich B3-6 #5 - 129 Laps
  • Gerard de Courcelles (F), Andre Rossignol (F)
  • IXO

• Lorraine-Dietrich B3-6 #6 - 147 Laps
  • Robert Bloch (F), Andre Rossignol (F)
  • IXO

• Bentley Sport 3 Litre #3 - 137 Laps
  • Dudley Benjafield (GB), Sammy Davis (GB)
  • IXO

• Bentley 4.5 Litre #4 - 154 Laps
  • Woolf Barnato (GB), Bernard Rubin (GB)
  • IXO

• Bentley Speed Six #1 - 174 Laps
  • Woolf Barnato (GB), Henry Birkin (GB)
  • IXO

Last edited by guitardave_1 on Sun May 30, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.

guitardave_1

Post by guitardave_1 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:21 pm

Before I press on too far, I'll wait to see what you guys think of the basic format. It's nothing very flashy, but it does the job.

Please don't hold back with the ideas and criticisms!

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:39 am

Dave, first of all I agree with the thought that sticky's will work just fine.

I think the decade idea is a good one, otherwise the thread will get very long.

To be honest, I am not really bothered by the white metal, kit or cottage industry versions. While I know there is a following, for the most part the core of the group here is into factory built/mass produced only. If someone with a greater knowledge wants to add the more exclusive offering they are free to do so,
Jeff
ImageImage

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Fri May 28, 2010 9:19 am

I think what you have will work just great for the LM winners Dave. I'm planning on a slightly different approach for the rallies since there are so many different events - LM is your 1 event. For the rallies, I'm moving forward with what I had proposed and it seems to be working well so far .

I may have to break down some rallies by decade as well since Monte Carlo has been running for a long, long time now. But, for now, I'll see how it work with 1 topic per rally.

I have also decided to exclude kits and stick to the pre-built models. Also I've opted to not include photos since I'm trying to include links to the manufacturer pages where possible.

guitardave_1

Post by guitardave_1 » Fri May 28, 2010 1:56 pm

dbonser wrote:I think what you have will work just great for the LM winners Dave. I'm planning on a slightly different approach for the rallies since there are so many different events - LM is your 1 event. For the rallies, I'm moving forward with what I had proposed and it seems to be working well so far .

I may have to break down some rallies by decade as well since Monte Carlo has been running for a long, long time now. But, for now, I'll see how it work with 1 topic per rally.

I have also decided to exclude kits and stick to the pre-built models. Also I've opted to not include photos since I'm trying to include links to the manufacturer pages where possible..
Excellent. It seems like we are all singing from near enough the same songsheet :) 8-)

martinis

Re: The Le Mans Winners Database

Post by martinis » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:55 am

Excellent! Lovely Leman`s Winners classics :D

Joschik

Re: The Le Mans Winners Database

Post by Joschik » Wed May 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Nice list! Here is our list with already more than 100 models. I have also added a link to this thread on the bottom of the page.

Christian