Help! Anyone from the Netherlands?

Listing of Retailer sites and sales
Serafa

Help! Anyone from the Netherlands?

Post by Serafa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi everyone!

I want to buy two items from a local shop in Netherlands, but it looks like they run a small business and they don't accept Paypal.

Is there anyone from the Netherlands (or even from Europe) willing to buy it for me? I could pay to who is willing to help me in advance if necessary. I'm also willing to pay an extra "fee" for the "good will". The total cost of my purchase there would be EUR 178.95 for 2 items + shipping (you can ship directly to Brazil, if possible).

The shop is called Armand Modelcars and you can see the complete address below:

Armand Modelcars
Rijksweg Zuid 101
6134 AA Sittard
Tel. (046) 458 09 22
Fax. (046) 458 59 95

I appreciate the help in advance!

Marcellix

Re: Help! Anyone from the Netherlands?

Post by Marcellix » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Seems like it should be easiest if Armand would accept international payments. Have you asked them about the possibilities? Do they ship to Brazil?
Of course I could help you if needed.

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi Marcellix,

He said he would send to Brazil without problems, but he doesn't accept Paypal, nor he has a payment system to support online payment using credit card. Thus, I ran out of options.

I wonder if someone from Netherlands would accept that I send the money via Paypal and the same person would buy the two items from Armand and tell him to send it to my address.

I forgot to mention that he charges 45 euros to send the parcel to my address. Then, the total amount would be EUR 223.95 if I am not mistaken.

Cheers!

Jager

Post by Jager » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:41 am

Did you find a solution Bruno ?

Try sending a PM to Danny. He lives only ~11km from Armand Modelcars and may already have a relationship with them.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:52 am

I'd help you out but receiving packages isn't straightforward for me, sorry.

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Jager wrote:Did you find a solution Bruno ?

Try sending a PM to Danny. He lives only ~11km from Armand Modelcars and may already have a relationship with them.
Not yet, unfortunately. Thanks for the hint, I will try to reach out to Danny!
Tom wrote:I'd help you out but receiving packages isn't straightforward for me, sorry.
No worries, Tom! Cheers!

danny

Post by danny » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:42 pm

Jager wrote:
The relationship is not existing because he is a real arrogant A-hole. Went there last Saturday and was moaning that I come there only to buy what other shops don`t have. Well if he changes his attitude and bring the prices to a normal level I would buy there more.

But to help out another forum member no problem.

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:28 pm

danny wrote:
Jager wrote:
The relationship is not existing because he is a real arrogant A-hole. Went there last Saturday and was moaning that I come there only to buy what other shops don`t have. Well if he changes his attitude and bring the prices to a normal level I would buy there more.

But to help out another forum member no problem.
It's sad to hear that. Here in Brazil we also have a shop with exactly the same characteristics you mentioned. The owner does not treat the customers well and the prices are higher than other local shops. I went there only once and never again.

I don't know Armand very well, but he desn't seem to have a great communication with customers. I already sent two e-mails and got no response from him.

Therefore, I really appreciate your help with that. I know it can be hard sometimes to help other people, especially when you don't know them. For that reason I appreciate even more that you are willing to help me. ;)

Tom

Post by Tom » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 pm

I've read identical comments about the guy from several people, so it's no surprise for me...

Jager

Post by Jager » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:26 am

I don't know what it is about people in our hobby, but all around the world I've found model shop owners who suffer from 'Grumpy old man syndrome'.

I think part of the problem is there isn't a lot of money to be made from small bricks and mortar stores and some become jealous that their customers can afford to spend more on models than they can.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:58 am

To run a successful shop you need to have a customer-oriented attitude. Unfortunately, some don't subscribe to that view...

danny

Post by danny » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:11 pm

Tom wrote:To run a successful shop you need to have a customer-oriented attitude. Unfortunately, some don't subscribe to that view...
That is the exact reason for buying at Miniauto in Germany. The owner is active on a German forum answering questions and giving advise. Once a month he arranged a forum meeting in his shop en dinner afterwards.

The models for Bruno are on my dinner table right now

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:15 pm

danny wrote:That is the exact reason for buying at Miniauto in Germany. The owner is active on a German forum answering questions and giving advise. Once a month he arranged a forum meeting in his shop en dinner afterwards.
That's exactly what my preferred shop in São Paulo does. They have a great hospitality with customers, every month they gather the collectors and go out for dinner, and every year there is a championship where customers can participate and receive a prize for the best collections.
danny wrote:The models for Bruno are on my dinner table right now
Great news! Thanks for the effort to help me. That's one of the main reasons why having a community like this is so worth it.

It is also worth to mention that I am available in case anyone needs help from my side. I know that the scope of each collector may differ, but currently we have a few ongoing collections in Brazil.

Marcellix

Post by Marcellix » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:52 am

Aha, you no longer need my help. Good to hear there were more willing to help you out :)

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks to Danny!

thetrooper

Post by thetrooper » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:44 pm

It's great to see forum members helping each other out when they can. I think it's what makes this forum and it's members very special indeed.
Steve

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:43 am

No doubt, we are blessed with some really good people here.
Jeff
ImageImage

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:03 am

JSB33 wrote:No doubt, we are blessed with some really good people here.
No doubt at all! ;)
-Julio-