CK Modelcars poor customer care...

Listing of Retailer sites and sales
DeadCanDanceR

CK Modelcars poor customer care...

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:45 am

Be very careful...

I received three models from CK last week. A Kyosho Bentley arrived with a missing badge. I contacted them, and they told me that they will send me the replacement part in the same package when I order from them again! So, they are practically forcing me to buy more models in order for them to send me the part for the defective model that they sent me! :evil:

I've just wrote them asking for the price to send me that tiny part in a registered envelope. If I end up paying for that part I swear I won't ever buy from them again.

Or, do you know a place where I can place a complain. I believe that there was a German place to do that.
-Julio-

David MG

Re: CK Modelcars poor customer care...

Post by David MG » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:47 am

DeadCanDanceR wrote:Be very careful...

I received three models from CK last week. A Kyosho Bentley arrived with a missing badge. I contacted them, and they told me that they will send me the replacement part in the same package when I order from them again! So, they are practically forcing me to buy more models in order for them to send me the part for the defective model that they sent me! :evil:

I've just wrote them asking for the price to send me that tiny part in a registered envelope. If I end up paying for that part I swear I won't ever buy from them again.

Or, do you know a place where I can place a complain. I believe that there was a German place to do that.
No! Insist on the replacement part.
Cheers,
David

Jager

Post by Jager » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:56 am

Julio, I appreciate your unhappy, but let cut CK a little bit of slack.

CK handle thousands and thousands of models, in many cases selling cases and cases of each model. To spot a missing badge isn't easy when your handling that volume of stock.

Presumably the problem of the missing badge originates with Kyosho. Whenever I've had problems with bits missing of Spark models, its usually been Spark who responds and sends the missing part. Have you tried contacting Kyosho....maybe you should be taking out your complaint against the manufacturer rather than poor retailer who received the defective model ?
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

David MG

Post by David MG » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:19 am

In the UK it is the retailer who is responsible for faulty goods. The alternative is a merry go round into oblivion. Nobody takes responsibility.
Cheers,
David

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:08 pm

After last night's email, I received an answer from CK this morning, agreeing that will send me the small part in a letter.

The argument they had for not sending the letter, and wanting me to wait until I order from them again to send the part in that shipment, was that: "in the past we shipped the parts via letter some of our costumer only received the letter and the part was stolen, so the best way is to ship it as mentioned before."

I originally answered them that they should send me the part inside a registered envelope. And, that in any case I would rather pay for that, than having to place an order just to get the part. Remember that shipping to Mexico is expensive, so for an order from them, ModelCarWorld or Modelissimo to be reasonable, I have to at least order three models.

Anyway. I hope to get the part soon.

David MG wrote:
No! Insist on the replacement part.
I did! It worked. Apparently! :?

Jager wrote:Julio, I appreciate your unhappy, but let cut CK a little bit of slack.

CK handle thousands and thousands of models, in many cases selling cases and cases of each model. To spot a missing badge isn't easy when your handling that volume of stock.

Presumably the problem of the missing badge originates with Kyosho. Whenever I've had problems with bits missing of Spark models, its usually been Spark who responds and sends the missing part. Have you tried contacting Kyosho....maybe you should be taking out your complaint against the manufacturer rather than poor retailer who received the defective model ?
I thank you for your advice, Ian.

However, getting In touch with Kyosho, asking them for a part, is as hard as getting a private meeting with the Pope! Years ago, I found out that one of my 1:18 scale Miuras (by Kyosho) was lacking a taillight lens. I got tired of writing emails to Kyosho, asking them for a replacement part. They never answered a single one of my emails.

David MG wrote:In the UK it is the retailer who is responsible for faulty goods. The alternative is a merry go round into oblivion. Nobody takes responsibility.
I guess that's the way things work in most places. I have returned models a couple of times due to manufacturer's fault, to both ModelCarWorld and Modelissimo, and have never had any problems.
-Julio-

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:23 pm

So far all my dealings with CK were very nice and correct. It's been a while since I ordered from them, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so again.

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:27 pm

I have never had a single issue with CK.

I just had once with Raceland: they didn't have the model I ordered and I had to wait for 2 weeks until it arrived their warehouse, then they were able to ship my order.

I guess I have been lucky so far.