Modifying LaStoria Ferraris?

For special skills and tip to make collecting better
Maximus

Modifying LaStoria Ferraris?

Post by Maximus » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:44 am

G'day all. Bit of a silly question...has anyone out there modified a La Storia Ferrari? I have 2 of the '89 Berger Ferrari 640's and would like to convert one to a matching Mansell car. My first and most pressing concern is how easy/hard is it to remove some of the decals so I can replace them? Im not the greatest modeller so I'm hoping to keep this as simple as possible.

Thanks in advance.

PS Im aware that mattel re-released this car with the mansell decals but there are several differences between the Ixo and mattel releases that would mean they dont look like a matching set....and im a little pedantic about such things. :lol:

ghosthunter

Re: Modifying LaStoria Ferraris?

Post by ghosthunter » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:01 pm

If they are decals as opposed to tampo printing, you can soak the model in Water for several Days, even a Week, and they should be supple enough for you to remove them. However, unless you can use them straight away, storage of them is near impossible unless someone here knows better (I hope!), so the idea is good but in practice you may encounter problems in trying to reuse decals once removed from a model.

Ghosthunter.

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:06 pm

I've yet to see a recent PW model that hasn't been tampo printed. That makes it quite easy to remove something, a q-tip and acetone free nail polish remover will do the trick. If you don't want to damage any adjoining graphics, use masking tape.

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:21 pm

Thanks for the advice. I will have to rethink my horribly outdated ideas....lol