Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Find a model with an issue? Post your findings here.
User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 38037
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby JSB33 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:52 am

Please show any issues you have with quality control or errors with Spark & Bizarre models in this thread.

Remember photos of the equivalent 1/1 are very important to demonstrate the issue with the model.

Constructive critiscm is the aim
Jeff
ImageImage

Microcar Mark
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:11 pm
Location: Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby Microcar Mark » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:33 am

Spark does make some pretty decent models and the body detail is always top notch. On some of their models though, they really fall down in the wheel department. Take a look at this FIAT 500 Jolly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I bought one of these recently and also have the FIAT 500 Gamine with the same problem. These would be so much better models if this issue would be corrected. I also noticed this problem on the Triumph GT-6

Mark

User avatar
Zeus
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby Zeus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:00 am

Peugeot 205 T16 Monte Carlo 85 cars, all have the PTS stripes on rear facing the wrong way:
Image
Image

The casting itself is excellent.
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 13958
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby David MG » Sun May 29, 2011 2:14 am

Jaguar XK120 Roadster.
The windscreen is totally wrong. Looks like something Matchbox Yesteryear would conjure up.

Image
Image

The rest of the model is sound.
Cheers,
David

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25817
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby DeadCanDanceR » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:24 am

I've just seen photos of Spark's new 1965 Buick Riviera at Modelissimo. And, what a disappointment! :( The model doesn't look good at all! The wheel arches look too small, and the rear view looks pretty bad...

Judge for yourselves:

http://www.modelissimo.de/?Ident=1309248988&Sprache=1

Compare with this:

http://www.richardandkarencarpenter.com ... iviera.htm

:?
-Julio-

Image

User avatar
philsaunders
Posts: 1919
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:24 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby philsaunders » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Zeus wrote:Peugeot 205 T16 Monte Carlo 85 cars, all have the PTS stripes on rear facing the wrong way:
Image
Image

The casting itself is excellent.

You're probably right anyway, but for what it's worth the reference photo you're showing is of an Evo 2 from 1986. Any chance the 1:1s were painted wrong? Remember Scott's letter-missing Marlboro decal on the BMW M1. What looked like a mistake was keen observation on Spark's part. And Spark got the PTS stripe right on the presentation model...
Friends don't let friends early apex...

User avatar
dbonser
Site Admin
Posts: 6066
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby dbonser » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:16 pm

I think they got this one backwards. Google image search for 'peugeot pts stripe' shows red, dark blue, yellow, light blue.

But, as you pointed out Phil, maybe there was a 'mistake' on the real car. Is this a part that could have inadvertently been installed upside down?

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 7805
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby Jager » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:44 am

Those of you who follow Spark's Le Mans offering will be familiar with their E-Type Jaguar #8 from the 1962 race that was released last year :

http://www.sparkmodel.com/Main/pics/1302/index.html

When Spark produced this car, they gave it dark green wheels which along with the very dark green body made it a dull and boring model. However, the startline pictures below show this car actually started the race with an unusal combination of chrome wires on the front wheels and red wires on the rear wheels :

Image

Image

Based on the above pictures, I replaced the green wheels on my Jaguar with a chrome and red set I found on a cheap Art Models Ferrari 500 TRC. Aside from correcting Spark's mistake, I think this makes the Jaguar a lot more visually interesting.

Image
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 13958
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby David MG » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:58 am

Jager wrote:Those of you who follow Spark's Le Mans offering will be familiar with their E-Type Jaguar #8 from the 1962 race that was released last year :

http://www.sparkmodel.com/Main/pics/1302/index.html

When Spark produced this car, they gave it dark green wheels which along with the very dark green body made it a dull and boring model. However, the startline pictures below show this car actually started the race with an unusal combination of chrome wires on the front wheels and red wires on the rear wheels :

Image

Image

Based on the above pictures, I replaced the green wheels on my Jaguar with a chrome and red set I found on a cheap Art Models Ferrari 500 TRC. Aside from correcting Spark's mistake, I think this makes the Jaguar a lot more visually interesting.

Image



I agree. How appalling that Spark should make such an elementary mistake. especially knowing the hawkeyes of S143.
Cheers,
David

Rat
Posts: 8722
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Calgary, Canada
Contact:

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby Rat » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 am

All those people remind me of the way people ride trains in India.

The model looks 100% better, switching the wheels was a great idea.

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 7805
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby Jager » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Seems that the colour of the wheels isn't the only thing wrong......

I discovered on a French Forum that in fact the car was probably metallic blue, not green !

Image

This is certainly the way P.M. modelled it :

Image

Does this rate as Spark's worse ever stuff up ?
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
thetrooper
Posts: 7732
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Born in Scotland/Live in Weston-super-Mare

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby thetrooper » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Looking at both models I say Minichamps have really shown Spark up with their version.
Steve

User avatar
philsaunders
Posts: 1919
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:24 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby philsaunders » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:19 pm

I'm guessing P.M. Is Provence Moulage rather than Minichamps?
Friends don't let friends early apex...

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 7805
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby Jager » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 pm

philsaunders wrote:I'm guessing P.M. Is Provence Moulage rather than Minichamps?


Correct.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
thetrooper
Posts: 7732
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Born in Scotland/Live in Weston-super-Mare

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby thetrooper » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:50 am

Oops :oops: Well they have shown Spark up then :lol:
Steve

User avatar
dannyboy
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby dannyboy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:01 am

Well, here is another f... up from Spark (very unusual I have to say).

http://www.sparkmodel.com/Main/pics/1883/index.html

The BMW´s ran with completely different wheels/rims at last years Le Mans!!!

This is how they really looked: http://www.lemans-history.com/imagens/2011/lemans011-sat-056.jpg

Not a normal mistake by Spark. I hope that it is only a pre-release pic and that they have got it right on the released model. Otherwise they need to sharpen up ;)
Change your mind, mind your change

User avatar
DeadCanDanceR
Posts: 25817
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Guadalajara, MEXICO

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby DeadCanDanceR » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:41 pm

So, Spark is having trouble with wheels...

This new Cadillac model has incorrect (Eldorado/Sixty Special) wheel covers!

Image

;)
-Julio-

Image

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 7805
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby Jager » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:33 am

dannyboy wrote:Well, here is another f... up from Spark (very unusual I have to say).

http://www.sparkmodel.com/Main/pics/1883/index.html

The BMW´s ran with completely different wheels/rims at last years Le Mans!!!

This is how they really looked: http://www.lemans-history.com/imagens/2011/lemans011-sat-056.jpg

Not a normal mistake by Spark. I hope that it is only a pre-release pic and that they have got it right on the released model. Otherwise they need to sharpen up ;)


If you see the pictures from Nuremburg, you'll see Spark has the correct wheels on the 2011 BMW's. Wonder what's happened to the 2010 BMW "Art Car" though.......will we ever see it ?
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
dannyboy
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby dannyboy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:15 pm

Jager wrote:
dannyboy wrote:Well, here is another f... up from Spark (very unusual I have to say).

http://www.sparkmodel.com/Main/pics/1883/index.html

The BMW´s ran with completely different wheels/rims at last years Le Mans!!!

This is how they really looked: http://www.lemans-history.com/imagens/2011/lemans011-sat-056.jpg

Not a normal mistake by Spark. I hope that it is only a pre-release pic and that they have got it right on the released model. Otherwise they need to sharpen up ;)


If you see the pictures from Nuremburg, you'll see Spark has the correct wheels on the 2011 BMW's. Wonder what's happened to the 2010 BMW "Art Car" though.......will we ever see it ?


I´m very happy to hear that! Thanx for the info :)
Regarding the art car from 2010, then I wont keep my hopes up too high, as I think its a licensing-issue.... But I myself would love to have it. It was beautiful (even though it messed up Toms, Dindos and McNish´s chances of winning that year!).
Change your mind, mind your change

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 7805
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby Jager » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:16 pm

This should make you feel better :

Image
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
dannyboy
Posts: 515
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:02 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby dannyboy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:23 am

Thank you! Now I can relax again ;)
Supernice picture... Did you take it?
Change your mind, mind your change

User avatar
Zeus
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:57 pm
Location: Bridgend, South Wales
Contact:

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby Zeus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:20 pm

dbonser wrote:I think they got this one backwards. Google image search for 'peugeot pts stripe' shows red, dark blue, yellow, light blue.

But, as you pointed out Phil, maybe there was a 'mistake' on the real car. Is this a part that could have inadvertently been installed upside down?


Sorry forgot to reply: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bOU4_X-ryY
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

User avatar
dbonser
Site Admin
Posts: 6066
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby dbonser » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:53 am

Zeus wrote:
dbonser wrote:I think they got this one backwards. Google image search for 'peugeot pts stripe' shows red, dark blue, yellow, light blue.

But, as you pointed out Phil, maybe there was a 'mistake' on the real car. Is this a part that could have inadvertently been installed upside down?


Sorry forgot to reply: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bOU4_X-ryY

Kind of hard to tell but it does look like red, dark blue, yellow, light blue in the video. Definitely backwards on the model based on that video. Cool video BTW.

User avatar
69Stang
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:02 am
Location: Southern US

Re: Spark/Bizarre Miscues

Postby 69Stang » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:22 am

Oh yes...I like that very much! As I often lament, can't find North American versions of many cars and the BMW wheels would make that even harder as this is the type they run in the US based ALMS....I wounder if Spark will ever offer something for us fans on this side of the sport?

Image
Racecar spelled backwards is STILL Racecar!


Return to “Manufacturer Miscues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest