Automodello Sunbeam Tiger 50th Tribute Edition!

GarageOnAWall

Automodello Sunbeam Tiger 50th Tribute Edition!

Postby GarageOnAWall » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:01 am

Hello Gentleman:

This is 'BB' checking in to make a 'formal' announcement of a very special addition to Automodello's ever impressive and growing range of models.

To commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the first RHD V8 Powered Sunbeam Tiger, Automodello has been contracted by the Sunbeam Tiger Owner's Club (STOC) in the UK to craft a very special 1:43 Tiger Tribute Edition: Part number, AM-SUN-TIG-TE

This car will be a limited run of up to 165 pieces and will feature about a dozen (STOC-approved) detail and packaging differences from other Automodello Sunbeam versions. All cars will replicate the 1965 Sunbeam Tiger Mark I 4.2 V8 in Mediterranean Blue with matching top and black interior and will feature a special gold-toned baseplate branded with the Sunbeam Tiger Owner's Club logo and limited run details.

This lovely model will be priced at $165 USD, available only from Diecasm or direct from the Sunbeam Tiger Owner's Club.

The following three photos show the car as it appears pending final approval from (STOC) and minus the gold baseplate that will sit directly in front of the car's bumper.

Photo 1: Note the 4 Lug Minilite wheels and the absence of a left-hand wing mirror unique to the 50th RHD Tribute Edition

Photo 2: Note the RHD arrangement of the dash, steering wheel, pedals and RHD wing mirror specific to this version

Photo 3: Note the correct RHD position of the windscreen wipers and the unique 'Tiger 50' front license plate which is also repeated to the car's rear plate

Below is a 'prototype' photo of the custom plaque I made for this series:

Perhaps a few on the forum know that I'm an engraver by trade and I was extremely excited to be asked to participate on yet another Automodello special edition! Below are a few photos showing various stages of the production process, thought they may be of interest?

A portion of the plates post-engraving and ready for a chemical clean to remove residue from the engraving process...

Piles of plastic chips left over from the beveling process...

Clean plates awaiting their adhevise backings...

I want to thank Jim Cowen at Automodello and Peter Shinton from STOC UK for the opportunity to work on this special project - both were an absolute pleasure to share ideas with and we trust this project will bring enjoyment to not only Sunbeam Tiger owners, but collectors of the finest 1:43 model cars too.

BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

scalainj
Site Admin

Re: Automodello Sunbeam Tiger 50th Tribute Edition!

Postby scalainj » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:43 am

Very tempting made even more so by you being being involved BB
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

JSB33
Site Admin

Postby JSB33 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:16 am

Great looking model and very special, especially with your involvement in it.
I may have to look in back of the couch for coins as I would like very much to have this in my collection.
Congratulations on a job well done.
Jeff
ImageImage

David MG

Postby David MG » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:21 pm

JSB33 wrote:Great looking model and very special, especially with your involvement in it.
I may have to look in back of the couch for coins as I would like very much to have this in my collection.

X2 Where is money when you need it ?
Cheers,
David

DeadCanDanceR

Postby DeadCanDanceR » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:39 pm

Lovely looking model! ;)

Nice to know of your involvement in this project, BB!
-Julio-

Rat

Postby Rat » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:56 pm

Very nice job on the plaque, BB and it's great to see one of our members here involved in a special project like this.

guitardave_1

Postby guitardave_1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Beautiful looking car, and especially in this colour. Nice that you get to play a real part in it BB.

David MG wrote:
JSB33 wrote:Great looking model and very special, especially with your involvement in it.

All tied up in razors? ;)
Click my banner to visit my diecast site

GarageOnAWall

Postby GarageOnAWall » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:05 am

scalainj wrote:Very tempting made even more so by you being being involved BB

Andy, I think you'd be very happy with this on, plus you're in the UK! The pleasure was mine for being involved and Mr. Jim Cohen is always a delight to work with!

As you know as an owner, Automodello does fantastic work and their cars, although pricier than some, represent tremendous value, you just need more than one couch :lol: With very limited production runs and subjects not available elsewhere, this brand keeps hitting them out of the park with every release!

It's in the bank David, just always someone else's bank :P

DeadCanDanceR wrote:Lovely looking model! ;)
Nice to know of your involvement in this project, BB!

Indeed it is Julio! As mentioned, this little jewel has a number of significant differences from the other Tigers...and then there is that gorgeous shade of blue 8-)

Rat wrote:Very nice job on the plaque, BB and it's great to see one of our members here involved in a special project like this.

I too get a 'rush' out of doing these sort of projects Tom...and I will say that Automodello was very gracious in their compensation.

Beautiful looking car, and especially in this colour. Nice that you get to play a real part in it BB.

Indeed it is Dave, colour is just beautiful and also shows the quality of finish work by Automodello. My part was very small, but fun nonetheless.
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

Chris Sweetman

Postby Chris Sweetman » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:27 pm

Bought this model recently BB. Always nice to have a model and know the person behind the issue.

Chris

Return to “Diecasm”