GM Touring Cars

BTCC, WTCC, DTM etc
User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:36 pm

thetrooper wrote:The last one of them I seen on Ebay didn't sell and it was cheap but the decals were all yellow.
This ones a goody mate, all colours have faired well. It is still not up there with the minichamps offerings of late but still pretty cool to have in my set.
General Motors Nut

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:39 pm

KILOHMUNNS wrote:I've had 3 or 4 of those models in the past and used them to convert into BTCC models!! Never paid more than £20 for them either, in fact I think I have a Hellary version waiting to be stripped.


Did not know that they did a Helary version, i'll keep my eyes peeled. I did know that around the early '90s the french Opel drivers were J.Laffite, E.Helary, A.Cudini and A.Ferte (with up to 3 of these per year 1993-1995??? info sketchy on internet).


If you like harder to get hold of models have you got this yet??

Image
P9080074 by kilohmunns, on Flickr

limited to only 25, but not very cheap though (£75 or £90 for a signed one)
Last edited by Lesopc on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Motors Nut

KILOHMUNNS
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:48 am
Location: Northampton

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by KILOHMUNNS » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:43 pm

I've just looked at the model and it's the 94 Helary, the plastic box is a little tatty but the model is good as are the decals but it is missing both the wingmirrors (which is ashame)

Anyway you can have it if you want it as it's no longer required for converting, just PM me your address and it's yours.
Chris

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:24 am

KILOHMUNNS wrote:I've just looked at the model and it's the 94 Helary, the plastic box is a little tatty but the model is good as are the decals but it is missing both the wingmirrors (which is ashame)

Anyway you can have it if you want it as it's no longer required for converting, just PM me your address and it's yours.
Just PM'd you Kilohmunns.
General Motors Nut

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:21 pm

That's 2 from the French Touring Car Championship now thanks to Kilohmunns. I'll post pics after christmas.
General Motors Nut

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:31 pm

Joining my 2 French Vectra GT's for this Christmas will be a '96 ITC Calibra in Marlboro livery with Tony Kaanan driving. I would be grateful for any advice on how to trade the Barcode type decals for full Marlboro ones having never attempted this before.

Pictures in late December or early January.
General Motors Nut

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:57 am

Just labeled and fitted mirror card to my collection. Each car now has a description of Make, Model, Year, Championship/Race and Driver(s) as well as a Mirrored backing as on the Schuco Opel Astra and Omega. The card is a good quality card held in place by transparent circular adhesive tabs and cut to measure as best i could get it. The caption labels are printed with an inkjet printer onto Glossy adhesive A4 sheets (Black wording on White paper). Pictures to follow.
General Motors Nut

User avatar
vx1054
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by vx1054 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:28 am

Out of interest what is the book in your original pictures with Vauxhall on it?

I recognise the other touring car books?
Image

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:41 pm

vx1999 wrote:Out of interest what is the book in your original pictures with Vauxhall on it?

I recognise the other touring car books?
This book is ..... Vauxhall A Century In Motion 1903-2003 by David Burgess-Wise and CW Publishing.
It has some fantastic information and pictures including some of Old Nail, Mega Bertha and Baby Bertha from DTV days as well as the Cavalier Supertouring and Astra Coupe BTC spec touring cars of the factory team.
Hope this helps.
General Motors Nut

User avatar
vx1054
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by vx1054 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Lesopc wrote:
vx1999 wrote:Out of interest what is the book in your original pictures with Vauxhall on it?

I recognise the other touring car books?
This book is ..... Vauxhall A Century In Motion 1903-2003 by David Burgess-Wise and CW Publishing.
It has some fantastic information and pictures including some of Old Nail, Mega Bertha and Baby Bertha from DTV days as well as the Cavalier Supertouring and Astra Coupe BTC spec touring cars of the factory team.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the quick response, will add it to my wishlist.
Image

PDS
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Kent. England

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by PDS » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Any chance you can show us what the cover looks like?

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:39 am

PDS wrote:Any chance you can show us what the cover looks like?
Here is the cover as per request....

Image
General Motors Nut

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:21 am

Image
V8Star Opel Omega V8 2002 J. Cecotto (Schuco)

Need to replace the antenna on this one...ideas anyone???
General Motors Nut

TouringCarExclusives
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:14 pm
Location: Essex

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by TouringCarExclusives » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 am

You can buy antennas on the cheap and spray them black or make one yourself quite easily.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRON-1-43-ANT ... 2576727b71

User avatar
scalainj
Site Admin
Posts: 27711
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:01 am
Location: Kent & East Sussex

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by scalainj » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 am

Guitar string - cut off a length - superglue in place

Can't remember what gauge - GuitarDave will know
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

PDS
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Kent. England

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by PDS » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:24 am

scalainj wrote:Guitar string - cut off a length - superglue in place

Can't remember what gauge - GuitarDave will know
I use bristles from a stiff hand brush that happen to be black. My wife wonders where they are all going...

PDS
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Kent. England

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by PDS » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:27 am

Lesopc wrote:
PDS wrote:Any chance you can show us what the cover looks like?
Here is the cover as per request....

Image
Thanks, just got a copy of this on flea-bay.... for £5.

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:24 pm

PDS wrote:
Lesopc wrote:
PDS wrote:Any chance you can show us what the cover looks like?
Here is the cover as per request....

Image
Thanks, just got a copy of this on flea-bay.... for £5.
Enjoy :D :D :D
General Motors Nut

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:26 pm

JasonPotato wrote:You can buy antennas on the cheap and spray them black or make one yourself quite easily.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRON-1-43-ANT ... 2576727b71
Cheers JP, now on my watch list. ;)
General Motors Nut

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:27 pm

scalainj wrote:Guitar string - cut off a length - superglue in place

Can't remember what gauge - GuitarDave will know
My second choice. Thanks. :D
General Motors Nut

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:27 pm

PDS wrote:
scalainj wrote:Guitar string - cut off a length - superglue in place

Can't remember what gauge - GuitarDave will know
I use bristles from a stiff hand brush that happen to be black. My wife wonders where they are all going...
If all else fails, i'll give it a try. Thanks. :D
General Motors Nut

PDS
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Kent. England

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by PDS » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:34 pm

Lesopc wrote:
KILOHMUNNS wrote:If you like harder to get hold of models have you got this yet??

Image
P9080074 by kilohmunns, on Flickr

limited to only 25, but not very cheap though (£75 or £90 for a signed one)
Seen it, want it but cannot afford it just now. Still for sale by makers though so all 25 are not yet sold. I'd like to see the 2011 Plato car and the 2010 and 2011 McDowall cars too as i like to collect whole team sets.
Just spotted they are out of stock. Hopefully it doesn't mean Sold Out?

The signed one has been sold as well.

User avatar
Lesopc
Posts: 366
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm
Location: West London

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by Lesopc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:40 pm

PDS wrote:
Lesopc wrote:
KILOHMUNNS wrote:If you like harder to get hold of models have you got this yet??

Image
P9080074 by kilohmunns, on Flickr

limited to only 25, but not very cheap though (£75 or £90 for a signed one)
Seen it, want it but cannot afford it just now. Still for sale by makers though so all 25 are not yet sold. I'd like to see the 2011 Plato car and the 2010 and 2011 McDowall cars too as i like to collect whole team sets.
Just spotted they are out of stock. Hopefully it doesn't mean Sold Out?

The signed one has been sold as well.
Just my luck, all of the good or rare models go on sale and then sell before i can get my hands on cash for them. A real bummer is not being able to find work since recovering from illness.
General Motors Nut

TouringCarExclusives
Posts: 497
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:14 pm
Location: Essex

Re: GM Touring Cars

Post by TouringCarExclusives » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:30 am

I wonder how long before we see one crop up on Ebay? I can promise you it won't be number 08 as it's the pride of my collection 8-)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest