Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

BTCC, WTCC, DTM etc
User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 36934
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby JSB33 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Much better. 2 GT40's missing tires now? :D
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
JBRedondo
Posts: 705
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:30 am
Location: Redondo Beach,CA

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby JBRedondo » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:43 am

I like this Falcon in Alan Mann livery a lot.
Jerry

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby reeft1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:28 pm

JSB33 wrote:Much better. 2 GT40's missing tires now? :D



Very nearly. Bought another one to hijack the front wheels, then took a closer look at the rears. Same diameter, just wider and with taller tyres. Took a dremel to the rims and found some spare tyres the right diameter and Roberts your mothers brother. I now have a gt40 spare :)

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby reeft1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:28 pm

JBRedondo wrote:I like this Falcon in Alan Mann livery a lot.
Jerry


Thanks Jerry - not a professional build but you cant go wrong with an Alan Mann Ford!

PDS
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Kent. England

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby PDS » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:21 pm

I see this Minichamp model has sneaked out without many people noticing..

Image

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9484
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby guitardave_1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:26 am

I have a feeling Gary bought it, or one like it. I wouldn't mind joining him - it's a really smart livery.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby reeft1 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:24 am

Yes, it's a nice model and I've been tempted but as it only ran in drm in this "x-pack" style guise it doesn't qualify for the btcc, etcc and wtcc collections or me :(

PDS
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Kent. England

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby PDS » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:09 pm

reeft1 wrote:Yes, it's a nice model and I've been tempted but as it only ran in drm in this "x-pack" style guise it doesn't qualify for the btcc, etcc and wtcc collections or me :(


Not true reeft1!

This is the car that Hans Heyer won Division 1 in the 1975 ETCC. That's why I thought it relevant to post it here??

http://touringcarracing.net/Pages/1975%20Cars.html

User avatar
Galaxy Gaz
Posts: 3617
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:35 am
Location: UK

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby Galaxy Gaz » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:51 pm

guitardave_1 wrote:I have a feeling Gary bought it, or one like it. I wouldn't mind joining him - it's a really smart livery.



Very similar Dave, I have these from MC and NEO

Image

Image

Image
Image

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby reeft1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:41 am

PDS wrote:
reeft1 wrote:Yes, it's a nice model and I've been tempted but as it only ran in drm in this "x-pack" style guise it doesn't qualify for the btcc, etcc and wtcc collections or me :(


Not true reeft1!

This is the car that Hans Heyer won Division 1 in the 1975 ETCC. That's why I thought it relevant to post it here??

http://touringcarracing.net/Pages/1975%20Cars.html



I stand corrected! Tempted now - need to spend a few mins working out how easy to re decal to etcc spec......

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby reeft1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:51 am

reeft1 wrote:
PDS wrote:
reeft1 wrote:Yes, it's a nice model and I've been tempted but as it only ran in drm in this "x-pack" style guise it doesn't qualify for the btcc, etcc and wtcc collections or me :(


Not true reeft1!

This is the car that Hans Heyer won Division 1 in the 1975 ETCC. That's why I thought it relevant to post it here??

http://touringcarracing.net/Pages/1975%20Cars.html



I stand corrected! Tempted now - need to spend a few mins working out how easy to re decal to etcc spec......



I think I'm going to stand uncorrected - I was wondering how this had snuck past my radar. Upon closer inspection I believe Han won in a mk1 zakspeed rs1600 that year - the mk2 only coming out towards the end of the season? Happy to be convinced otherwise....

PDS
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Location: Kent. England

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby PDS » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 am

reeft1 wrote:I think I'm going to stand uncorrected - I was wondering how this had snuck past my radar. Upon closer inspection I believe Han won in a mk1 zakspeed rs1600 that year - the mk2 only coming out towards the end of the season? Happy to be convinced otherwise....


You are right reeft1. Looking at that site, although he scored points in the last round, there is no mention of him or photographs of Heyer's Escort. If you look at the previous Zandvoort race he did originally enter a BLACK Mk2 escort which he destroyed then shared the drive in a Mk1 Escort!

All the previous rounds, as you say, he ran a Mk1 Escort.

User avatar
guitardave_1
Posts: 9484
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Hampshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby guitardave_1 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Sir Gary wrote:
guitardave_1 wrote:I have a feeling Gary bought it, or one like it. I wouldn't mind joining him - it's a really smart livery.



Very similar Dave, I have these from MC and NEO

Image

Image

Image

Ah, that's right. I'd forgotten the Castrol colours were on black rather than white. I think I like the new white version even more. Would be very torn between it and the blue/white car.
Click my banner to visit my diecast site
Image

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby reeft1 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:17 am

Treated myself to this lovely Trofeu MK2 Escort 1600 Sport that Jacky Ickx drover to victory in the 1978 Race of Giants in Macau.
Image

It made me think of other series (such as the Shell Sport Mexico series) where Fords lined up a fleet of identical cars and let stars of motorsport go head to head for some panel rubbing fun and mayhem. Oh how I long for those days but I don't think the F1 Driver Insurance policies would cover it now!!
Image
Last edited by reeft1 on Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby Alfaholic » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:06 pm

Jacky Ickx and an Escort - can't go wrong there. Not a model I was aware of, but definitely like it.

Jager mentioned some Australian Fords early oin in your thread - now that you have this Ickx related Ford you may need to look at the two Falcons he raced at Bathurst in 1977 (the winner) and 1978 to complete the set.
Martin

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Ford in BTCC, ETCC and WTCC

Postby reeft1 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:35 am

Thanks! - I have the 1977 car in my Bathurst collection:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=10831&p=297673#p297673


Return to “Touring Cars”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest