The Green Hornet's Black Beauty. Toy vs Model.

kitefighter

The Green Hornet's Black Beauty. Toy vs Model.

Post by kitefighter » Fri May 26, 2017 6:21 am

Here is a pictorial study comparison between a collector toy and scale model of the Green Hornet's Black Beauty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kitefighter

Re: The Green Hornet's Black Beauty. Toy vs Model.

Post by kitefighter » Fri May 26, 2017 6:23 am

The car on the left is by Corgi Classics and the car on the right is by Vitesse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kitefighter

Post by kitefighter » Fri May 26, 2017 6:24 am

Strictly speaking they are not the same car. The car by Corgi is from the 1967 TV series and the car on the right is from the 2011 feature film.

kitefighter

Post by kitefighter » Fri May 26, 2017 6:26 am

The Corgi Classics has opening grill and trunk to launch weapons and a white metal Kato figure (in larger scale than the car).

kitefighter

Post by kitefighter » Fri May 26, 2017 6:27 am

Whereas the Vitesse has a mount and display case typical of 1/43 collector cars.

kitefighter

Post by kitefighter » Fri May 26, 2017 6:31 am

Finally, the boxes are designed to appeal to different collectors. The Corgi Classics is described as a "1/36" scale model which is clearly incorrect, unless it is referring to the Kato figure. The Vitesse box has the usual "Not suitable for children under 14" script.

kitefighter

Post by kitefighter » Fri May 26, 2017 6:36 am

I bought the Vitesse after watching a youtube review from JD Kelly Jnr, because it looked so smart and neat in his hands. But when my 8 year old son saw it, he kept asking to play with it, and because it is from a childrens film, I had to distract him with something else, hence the Corgi Classics Toy, which I would otherwise not add to my own collection. Hence, I also have the original Chrysler Imperial Crown by Neo. I prefer scale models, even scale models of fantasy cars than outright toys. I'm a grown up collector. But if I was a child, then I would choose the Corgi Classics.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:27 am

If only the Vitesse didn't have the guns sticking out of the hood.

My sympathies for having to watch JKjr. He always looks like he is about to have a stroke on camera.
Jeff
ImageImage