Maserati Indy - MC v ixo

David MG

Maserati Indy - MC v ixo

Post by David MG » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:43 am

ixo L - MC R

Both styles of wheels are correct. The ixo being an earlier car.
Cheers,
David

GBOAC002

Re: Maserati Indy - MC v ixo

Post by GBOAC002 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:18 am

1:1 Indy was an acquired taste when it was current but has since grown on me and is a very striking shape whenever I see one. David, is the IXO a pw or Leo? as I don't recollect seeing the gold in the original 90 Years series then Maserati Branded blue Box series, only dark blue. The latest one I have is the metallic viper green which was from the most recent pw series and subsequent Whitebox run. Somehow I've missed the gold one.

David MG

Post by David MG » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:24 am

GBOAC002 wrote:1:1 Indy was an acquired taste when it was current but has since grown on me and is a very striking shape whenever I see one. David, is the IXO a pw or Leo? as I don't recollect seeing the gold in the original 90 Years series then Maserati Branded blue Box series, only dark blue. The latest one I have is the metallic viper green which was from the most recent pw series and subsequent Whitebox run. Somehow I've missed the gold one.
Base plate has ixo in raised letters.

PS Have looked on eBay and there are still a few starting at £10.54 for a used one.
Last edited by David MG on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
David

LUW

Post by LUW » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:29 am

Both look nice, but the blue one I would buy without thinking much if I found one for a decent price.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Jager

Post by Jager » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:29 am

As a general rule I prefer deep dish wheels to flush wheels, so would probably choose the Minichamps for this reason alone, even if both wheel styles are correct.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:35 am

I have the IXO and I have been more than happy with it, upgrading it seems like very low value to me.
Jeff
ImageImage

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:41 am

The deeper dish wheels of the MC are more attractive but the model is also better in other ways; etched wipers and frames are plus points but I always picture this car in this colour so it's a no-brainer for me.

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:38 am

The MC is nice, but unless I find one for peanuts my Ixo's going nowhere too.
Beautiful car, BTW.

protzenegger

Post by protzenegger » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:06 pm

BertOne wrote:The deeper dish wheels of the MC are more attractive but the model is also better in other ways; etched wipers and frames are plus points but I always picture this car in this colour so it's a no-brainer for me.
I think the MC Indy actually looks nicer than the 1:1, as the wheels are quite large with lower-profile tires to compensate. Makes it look like a tastefully restomodded version. If only I could find one in this color for less than a small fortune :cry: Don't have the IXO but can't bear to pull the trigger on one of these till I get a few more of my wish list models.

"It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability." -Bruce McLaren