klauzephoto presentations

Paulius43

Re: klauzephoto presentations

Post by Paulius43 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:54 am

The Shah's Bugatti is a wonderful rolling sculpture, got it last year.

The Chiron is a quick knock off! Or did they model it themselves?? I believe a different color would suit better for the rims.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

lovaino

Post by lovaino » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:34 am

The Chiron that you build is very interesting, are there more pictures of the build proces? You gave me the idea the buy the kit from model k as well to make a blacked out Chiron myself

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:28 am

unfortunately, i was stupid enough to skip the pictures from the process, but you can ask anything and i will try to answer as helpful as i can.

lovaino

Post by lovaino » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:38 am

Johnny_Bravo wrote:unfortunately, i was stupid enough to skip the pictures from the process, but you can ask anything and i will try to answer as helpful as i can.
That would be very nice, I send an email to model k for an order, and my first questin is, how difficult was it? Because I have no experience with resin model kits at all

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 am

let's say you need an airbrush to get the paint right. then, a painting booth or a dust free environement. the hardest part for me was getting the windows on without glue marks, but there are others, such as the photoetched parts.
first ones were pretty difficult, cause i had to learn on my own. but after 20 models your hands go pretty much on autopilot. on a scale from 1 to 10, to get it right is around 8. to get it perfect....around 21.

lovaino

Post by lovaino » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Johnny_Bravo wrote:let's say you need an airbrush to get the paint right. then, a painting booth or a dust free environement. the hardest part for me was getting the windows on without glue marks, but there are others, such as the photoetched parts.
first ones were pretty difficult, cause i had to learn on my own. but after 20 models your hands go pretty much on autopilot. on a scale from 1 to 10, to get it right is around 8. to get it perfect....around 21.
That was already my plan, to paint it with air brush, my dad and I are building a painting booth so I have to wait until it's done. I can understand that, it's one of the things I already thought about after seeing your pictures. I think the Photoetched parts will be a pain in the ass for me because I have never worked with it but I will give it a try. Are those the right wheels you got? It seems that they are from the GT Vision Bugatti concept car?

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 pm

i have just finished the vision gt and it has his wheels...those came in the box with the chiron...although i think they could be the wrong ones....
be careful with the windows, that is the most tricky part which ruins or enhances the model. the photoetched parts you can do with a steady hand and a tweezers. and magnifying glass if they are too small.

lovaino

Post by lovaino » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Johnny_Bravo wrote:i have just finished the vision gt and it has his wheels...those came in the box with the chiron...although i think they could be the wrong ones....
be careful with the windows, that is the most tricky part which ruins or enhances the model. the photoetched parts you can do with a steady hand and a tweezers. and magnifying glass if they are too small.
Thank you, I will do that, I have a question about the windows, are they ready to apply or are they all together in one piece,like you have to cut the windows? Can you please make some more close ups from the front, rear, windows and engine bay?

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:45 pm

when i get out the photo table i will shoot some more closeups, now it's all packed up.
the shitty story with windows is that you get the photoetched frames and you have to cut the windows from a straight piece of plastic...you have to draw the edges, you have to cut them and then adjust to make them fit. also you have to draw the black edge when the case....sometimes i don't apply the metallic frame for it's not necessary.

lovaino

Post by lovaino » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:08 pm

Johnny_Bravo wrote:when i get out the photo table i will shoot some more closeups, now it's all packed up.
the shitty story with windows is that you get the photoetched frames and you have to cut the windows from a straight piece of plastic...you have to draw the edges, you have to cut them and then adjust to make them fit. also you have to draw the black edge when the case....sometimes i don't apply the metallic frame for it's not necessary.
That's alright! Thanks already, that sounds not very good but I have a little experience with the windows, sometimes when the windows from a modelcar were broken, I made new ones by myself, so I hope it's not a very big problem, and what about the lights?

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:36 pm

they are different from car to car...some you have to paint on the body, some come as clear plastic you paint on the back and glue(nicest ones) and some come as photoetched parts you also have to paint and glue. front lights when they have a shape, they come in shape for you just to cut them.

lovaino

Post by lovaino » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:01 am

Johnny_Bravo wrote:they are different from car to car...some you have to paint on the body, some come as clear plastic you paint on the back and glue(nicest ones) and some come as photoetched parts you also have to paint and glue. front lights when they have a shape, they come in shape for you just to cut them.
Thank you, and what about the lights on this kit, from the Chiron? How did you do that?

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:43 am

they have 2 parts: one, the little microscopic metal squares to glue on the body and then the glass that comes ready just to place over. i use revell contacta for those, it dries up perfectly transparent. the ones in the back i just painted inside them b4 fixing in place and the metal band just filled with red paint, let dry for 3 days and use scalpel to clean the edges.

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:07 am

spyker c8 laviolette - spark
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

carcollector

Post by carcollector » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:16 am

That Spyker is an awesome car! Thank's for the pics. :D

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 am

Interesting car, and unusual to see it "stripped" rather than the usual orange livery.
Martin

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 am

thanks, i was looking for a while for a spark. i believe i have one or 2 more to get which i also want to strip of the decals like this one....the shape of the car is so beautiful i feel it's suffocated by them. hopefully will be at a good price as this one.

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:53 am

Love the Spyker!

DeadCanDanceR

Post by DeadCanDanceR » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Quite unusual and cool looking! ;)
-Julio-

lovaino

Post by lovaino » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:26 am

Johnny_Bravo wrote:they have 2 parts: one, the little microscopic metal squares to glue on the body and then the glass that comes ready just to place over. i use revell contacta for those, it dries up perfectly transparent. the ones in the back i just painted inside them b4 fixing in place and the metal band just filled with red paint, let dry for 3 days and use scalpel to clean the edges.
I see,I have to buy the glue again, had it before and it's fine to use. Thanks for the information again! And what about the engine bay and interior? How did you do that?

Jager

Post by Jager » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:16 am

Interesting idea to 'strip' the Spyker of its decals. Maybe Spark should have done a matte black test car version.

I'm curious to see what you convert next.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:40 pm

lovaino wrote:
Johnny_Bravo wrote:they have 2 parts: one, the little microscopic metal squares to glue on the body and then the glass that comes ready just to place over. i use revell contacta for those, it dries up perfectly transparent. the ones in the back i just painted inside them b4 fixing in place and the metal band just filled with red paint, let dry for 3 days and use scalpel to clean the edges.
I see,I have to buy the glue again, had it before and it's fine to use. Thanks for the information again! And what about the engine bay and interior? How did you do that?
engine is pretty simple, just 3 photoetched stripes to glue over the black painted block and the interior is paint brush chinese guy like work. you can airbrush the dominant color and then paint the details with a brush. also p/e parts there, tiny ones. use a tweezers, magnifying lens and be very careful where they can jump from the tweezers....the monster in my carpet ate a lot of those parts, including a pretty big side mirror....every day for a week i spend an hour looking for that...still nothing...
i paint the parts separately and when ready i assemble the interior. make sure b4 you paint everything that all the parts come together well when put in one piece, you may need to adjust here and there...

Johnny_Bravo

Post by Johnny_Bravo » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Jager wrote:Interesting idea to 'strip' the Spyker of its decals. Maybe Spark should have done a matte black test car version.

I'm curious to see what you convert next.
Ian, i waited for a plain body version of this one long enough so i decided to do this. i also comverted a toyota starlet from bizzare into a plain version...also changed the wheels with something more accurate in size. The ones from the car (waaay to small in size but perhaps what the car had in some race i fitted to the suzuki mightyboy which looks brilliant now)
ImageImageImageImage

lovaino

Post by lovaino » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Johnny_Bravo wrote:
lovaino wrote:
engine is pretty simple, just 3 photoetched stripes to glue over the black painted block and the interior is paint brush chinese guy like work. you can airbrush the dominant color and then paint the details with a brush. also p/e parts there, tiny ones. use a tweezers, magnifying lens and be very careful where they can jump from the tweezers....the monster in my carpet ate a lot of those parts, including a pretty big side mirror....every day for a week i spend an hour looking for that...still nothing...
i paint the parts separately and when ready i assemble the interior. make sure b4 you paint everything that all the parts come together well when put in one piece, you may need to adjust here and there...
Thanks Again!!! I hope it is as easy as you say it is haha, can't wait for some pictures, and to see pictures of your LaFerrari by ModelK!