2012 Bentley Continental GT V8

Camo Doggie

2012 Bentley Continental GT V8

Post by Camo Doggie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:07 am

Besides selling all but two of my 1:43 Porsche 911 collection, my biggest regretful sales of any models were my beloved Bentleys. Now that my financial situation is more promising, the Bentleys have been arriving slowly but surely. Some others arriving/planned as well. Not be a big collection like before, simply put, my collection will be based on "what cars i'd buy if i win the lottery" :)

New Minichamps Dealer model Bentley Continental GT V8 in Dragon red. Temporarily fitted a set of plates but they dont fit properly so a new set are in the making.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The real 1:1 car. Appears to be a press/launch car as its been spotted on Autogespot.com, on the roads in Europe. Shown clearly in LHD as is the model. :ugeek:
Last edited by Camo Doggie on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ferdinand Alexander Porsche - "Butzi" - 11 December 1935 – 5 April 2012

Flat broke, but reasonably happy..............

Andrew

Camo Doggie

Re: 2012 Bentley Continental GT V8

Post by Camo Doggie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:18 am

Next is the 1st Bentley i bought a few weeks ago. I love the 1st generation as much as the 2nd. Timeless design and stunning to look at in 1:1 or the model. Fitted a set of plates as per a real 1:1 i found in Autogespot.com :D

Minichamps Dealer Model 1:43 Bentley Continental GT in Cypress Green.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And the real 1:1 car in Cypress Green. Autogespot say this is the colour although the model looks a tiny bit off. It was dull outside when i took the pics so that could explain it.

Andrew

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:22 am

Great photos Andrew

Both look excellent
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Camo Doggie

Post by Camo Doggie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:37 am

Another Minichamps 1:43 Bentley Continental GT in Umbrian Red in LHD form. Just arrived today from Germany.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And a pic of the real 1:1 car spotted in Spain on Autogespot.com

Andrew

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Just saw the 1st gen in a highway on Friday (it was grey), like this car a lot!
Very nice pics, too! I admire that you put real car's plates on the models.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

bomber21

Post by bomber21 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:40 pm

Impressive!

Rat

Post by Rat » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Very nice Bentley collection, Andrew. I like the first one the best because of the nicer rims.

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Great adds Andrew, really like the 1st one you posted of the V8 in mkII guise, will need to look into ordering one of them from my supplier once my iother financial commitments are cleared, will go nicely with my other Bentleys.

Glad to hear that things are on the up for you mate :D
Alistair

Camo Doggie

Post by Camo Doggie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:40 pm

scalainj wrote:Great photos Andrew

Both look excellent
Cheers Andy. Many thanks Glad you likey. ;)
Paulius43 wrote:Just saw the 1st gen in a highway on Friday (it was grey), like this car a lot!
Very nice pics, too! I admire that you put real car's plates on the models.
Thanks loads. Plates are tricky to cut and fit, sometimes takes more than one attempt....... :?
bomber21 wrote:Impressive!
Cheers Bomber. Contis sure are.
Rat wrote:Very nice Bentley collection, Andrew. I like the first one the best because of the nicer rims.
Many thanks Tom. Trying to build up what i had to sell before. The first one is the new generation, hence the different rims. Some folk think the new is the same as the old but when you've looked at them as much as i have, the difference becomes very easy to spot :mrgreen:
zimbo wrote:Great adds Andrew, really like the 1st one you posted of the V8 in mkII guise, will need to look into ordering one of them from my supplier once my iother financial commitments are cleared, will go nicely with my other Bentleys.
Cheers Alistair. Many thanks. And yes, things are looking ok at the minute so i treated myself to these and a few more which i'll post as soon as i can. The new generation GT V8 is tricky to photograph as the rims faces are chromed and reflect light sometimes looking like there is some silver/chromework missing. But trust me, this model is a work of art. :ugeek:

Andrew

Camo Doggie

Post by Camo Doggie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Another 1st generation Bentley Continental Gt in Silver Lake blue. Interior detail is incredible.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The real 1:1 car spotted in London on Autogespot.com.

Andrew

Rat

Post by Rat » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Looks like the real car has a darker interior but I agree about the model's interior. The dash looks very well detailed. Another superb Bentley.

Schuvo

Post by Schuvo » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:16 am

Camo Doggie wrote:........ my collection will be based on "what cars i'd buy if i win the lottery" :)

That's indeed a nice way of putting wanted models in the right perspective :) My wish for you: may the Bentleys never stop coming now onwards to you.

I always appreciate the kind of dedicated line of cars in a collection that you have shown us. Very nice cars, and nicely photographed too! :)

All the best Andrew!

Cheers!

Camo Doggie

Post by Camo Doggie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Rat wrote:Looks like the real car has a darker interior but I agree about the model's interior. The dash looks very well detailed. Another superb Bentley.
Tom, you have the eyes of an eagle. Didnt even notice till you mentioned it. So heres to me being square-eyed again, looking through Autogespot.com, for one with the proper colour to match the mode. :mrgreen:
Schuvo wrote:
Camo Doggie wrote:........ my collection will be based on "what cars i'd buy if i win the lottery" :)

That's indeed a nice way of putting wanted models in the right perspective :) My wish for you: may the Bentleys never stop coming now onwards to you.

I always appreciate the kind of dedicated line of cars in a collection that you have shown us. Very nice cars, and nicely photographed too! :)

All the best Andrew!

Cheers!
Many thanks indeed kind sir, for the positive comments. It is much appreciated and makes photographing them worthwhile so that others enjoy.

Andrew

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:56 am

I saw a blue one here in town a couple days ago and immediately thought of this thread.
Jeff
ImageImage

johann.nunweiller

Post by johann.nunweiller » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:43 am

Nice!
Meanwhile, you have added other models?

dbonser
Site Admin

Post by dbonser » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks for reviving this. I saw a bright red one Tuesday (like the first one in the thread) and there's a matte-black one around here that I see a few times a month.

Jager

Post by Jager » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:53 pm

johann.nunweiller wrote:Nice!
Meanwhile, you have added other models?
Unfortunately our friend Camo Doggie hasn't logged into the forum in almost 2 years.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:54 am

Yes, he was based in NI, had a blitz on buying Porsche and other dealer models, one of which I bought from him when he was in his selling phase. After that he came back briefly, now MIA...

johann.nunweiller

Post by johann.nunweiller » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:09 am

I have seen so far four such models registered in Bucharest.
By the way, three Bentayga have already been delivered in Bucharest.

David MG

Post by David MG » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:35 am

GBOAC002 wrote:Yes, he was based in NI, had a blitz on buying Porsche and other dealer models, one of which I bought from him when he was in his selling phase. After that he came back briefly, now MIA...
As I recall he lost his job and was suffering from ill health. I think he sold off his collection to realise funds. Shame as he was a good contributor.
Cheers,
David