MG's 2017 Racing Additions

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14458
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by David MG » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:54 am

Alfa Romeo 33.3 1971 - M4

Image
Image
Cheers,
David

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 17726
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Tom » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:05 am

A non-red 33! :o Looks great, did you remove the decals yourself or did it come like this?

GBOAC002
Posts: 7456
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm
Location: Surrey, UK.

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by GBOAC002 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:26 am

Very tasteful!

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14458
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by David MG » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:47 am

[quote="Tom"]A non-red 33! :o Looks great, did you remove the decals yourself or did it come like this?[/quot

Tom, it came like this! I am thinking of adding plain white roundels for effect.
Cheers,
David

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Alfaholic » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:08 am

Rounders, numbers and sponsor decals are definitely required David :evil:

A naked T33 is a bit like a bicycle that doesn't have pedals - it kind of looks OK but isn't doing what it what built for :roll:
Martin

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14458
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by David MG » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 am

Alfaholic wrote:Rounders, numbers and sponsor decals are definitely required David :evil:

A naked T33 is a bit like a bicycle that doesn't have pedals - it kind of looks OK but isn't doing what it what built for :roll:
Martin, I take your point. My knowledge of races is zero, except for LM. So to go into livered cars would be like entering a dense inpenetratable fog. Ignorance is bliss.
Cheers,
David

User avatar
reeft1
Posts: 2111
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by reeft1 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:29 am

I like that in blue a lot

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 8787
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Jager » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:41 am

If a car doesn't have numbers, should it be in a 'Racing" thread :roll: :roll: :roll: .
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
JSB33
Site Admin
Posts: 38962
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:25 am
Location: Bedford
Contact:

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by JSB33 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:58 am

Jager wrote:If a car doesn't have numbers, should it be in a 'Racing" thread :roll: :roll: :roll: .
Clearly a racing car in the nude.
Jeff
ImageImage

User avatar
Serafa
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:00 pm
Location: The Garden State / US

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Serafa » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:22 am

It's a race car no doubt about it, but it is probably a test car. I have myself a few F1 test cars on plain color liveries. I don't see any problem with that, in fact IMO it would be a lot worse to add decals to it and turn it into a car that never existed.
Image

User avatar
LUW
Posts: 2966
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:39 am
Location: Brazil, cold South

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by LUW » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Outstanding in blue! But isn't there something missing :??
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 8787
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Jager » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:56 pm

Serafa wrote:It's a race car no doubt about it, but it is probably a test car. I have myself a few F1 test cars on plain color liveries. I don't see any problem with that, in fact IMO it would be a lot worse to add decals to it and turn it into a car that never existed.
We discussed this in David's other thread Bruno : viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11342&start=264

The car is from the Trento-Bondone Hill Climb in 1971 and should have numbers. David's car is may be a test sample that escaped out the backdoor of the factory :

Image

Image
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
Serafa
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:00 pm
Location: The Garden State / US

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Serafa » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:19 am

Jager wrote:David's car is may be a test sample that escaped out the backdoor of the factory
Exactly.
Image

GBOAC002
Posts: 7456
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:33 pm
Location: Surrey, UK.

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by GBOAC002 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:58 am

Non acetone nail varnish remover was recommended by a certain gent on this forum. I've also used it on an M4 Alfa 33 giving me a 'road version' with great success.


User avatar
Jager
Posts: 8787
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Jager » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:55 am

“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14458
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by David MG » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:25 am

Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Am (1970) - METRO

Image
Image
Cheers,
David

User avatar
LUW
Posts: 2966
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:39 am
Location: Brazil, cold South

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by LUW » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:40 am

Beautiful! One of the nicest Alfas IMO.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Alfaholic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 am

Tha is a great little car David - one of the best from that PW series. They have captured the shape very
well and it is nice to see it still has its numbers.
Martin

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14458
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by David MG » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 am

Alfaholic wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 am
Tha is a great little car David - one of the best from that PW series. They have captured the shape very
well and it is nice to see it still has its numbers.
Not for much longer! I will leave white roundels though.
Cheers,
David

User avatar
Alfaholic
Posts: 3573
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:20 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Alfaholic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:55 am

David MG wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 am
Alfaholic wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 am
Tha is a great little car David - one of the best from that PW series. They have captured the shape very
well and it is nice to see it still has its numbers.
Not for much longer! I will leave white roundels though.
To quote Luc - "Infidel" :lol: :lol:
Martin

User avatar
Jager
Posts: 8787
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Jager » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:49 pm

David MG wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 am
Alfaholic wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 am
Tha is a great little car David - one of the best from that PW series. They have captured the shape very
well and it is nice to see it still has its numbers.
Not for much longer! I will leave white roundels though.
Will be interesting to see how easily that can be achieved David. I imagine the paint on these is probably pretty thin. Maybe it would have been easier to simply buy one of the plain body versions ?
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

User avatar
Tom
Posts: 17726
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by Tom » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:39 pm

I have the same model and I love it.

User avatar
David MG
Posts: 14458
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 am
Location: North Wales - UK

Re: MG's 2017 Racing Additions

Post by David MG » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:32 am

Jager wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:49 pm
David MG wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 am
Alfaholic wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 am
Tha is a great little car David - one of the best from that PW series. They have captured the shape very
well and it is nice to see it still has its numbers.
Not for much longer! I will leave white roundels though.
Will be interesting to see how easily that can be achieved David. I imagine the paint on these is probably pretty thin. Maybe it would have been easier to simply buy one of the plain body versions ?
Ian, I won 6 for £3! So it won' be a problem. I'll do one today and see what happens............
Cheers,
David

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest