REAL race transporters available in 1:43

LUW

Re: REAL race transporters available in 1:43

Post by LUW » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:12 pm

I've been looking around eBay and the usual hunting grounds, and it seems the cheapest 3 car set to buy would be the 904s from 1964. However, I only found Works models from Spark, not even smoke of a Vitesse #31 Works car (just the red ones).
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Jager

Post by Jager » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Availability will vary region by region and they are probably easier to find in Europe. Racing Models in the UK have the #34 privately entered 904 for ~GBP16 :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-904-G ... SwO~hXILxF
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

LUW

Post by LUW » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:29 am

I looked on eBay US and UK, and though I'm confident eBay Germany would be a good place to look, I don't speak or read German, so it's unfortunately off-limits to me. I'm only after the Works cars because I don't think the factory transporter would give free rides to the privateer teams, so that #34 unfortunately won't work for me.

And BTW, I was outbid yesterday on the auction I was following, but 30 minutes ago I got a second chance offer, and another transporter is paid for :D. And I persist on saying my collection consists of Le Mans cars... Image Got it with S&H for 5 EUR more than I would have payed on Modelissimo, but coming from a private party is better because I have much better chances of dodging Custom taxes. So now I have to buy at least two more Porsches...

This place is evil.
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:32 am

We told you.

Congrats, you might've bought a truck but it's a good 'un.

LUW

Post by LUW » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:56 am

I'm looking at this from the bright side: the two trucks freed 5 spaces in my display cabinet.
That same display that I still haven't bought yet Image.

This won't get any better, will it?
Image The Garage

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:09 am

I just went looking for the Exoto Sebring transporter. WTH is with the pricing?! :o
Jeff
ImageImage

LUW

Post by LUW » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:28 pm

The good thing about that price is that I don't feel not even remotely tempted to buy one.
Image The Garage

Jager

Post by Jager » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:53 pm

JSB33 wrote:I just went looking for the Exoto Sebring transporter. WTH is with the pricing?! :o
When have Exoto ever been cheap. The good thing is they will have massive sales and offer 40% off a couple of times a year, so you just have to be patient and watch for the sales. That's how I bought all my Exoto stuff.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:36 am

Jager wrote:
JSB33 wrote:I just went looking for the Exoto Sebring transporter. WTH is with the pricing?! :o
When have Exoto ever been cheap. The good thing is they will have massive sales and offer 40% off a couple of times a year, so you just have to be patient and watch for the sales. That's how I bought all my Exoto stuff.
I paid $300 for the other 2 Exoto Transporters I have combined. Lowest price I found for this one was $379. Not happening.
Jeff
ImageImage

Stu935

Post by Stu935 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:49 am

I must admit I quick fancy the Jagermeister transporter Exoto offer. It maybe a fantasy transporter, but would look great with a couple of 1976 DRM Max Moritz Jagermeister 934s on board

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Stu935 wrote:I must admit I quick fancy the Jagermeister transporter Exoto offer. It maybe a fantasy transporter, but would look great with a couple of 1976 DRM Max Moritz Jagermeister 934s on board
I know this is not an opinion some of our fellow collectors will share with me, but I think that in many occasions the "fake" transporter looks even cooler than the "real" one.

Jager

Post by Jager » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:23 pm

Serafa wrote:
Stu935 wrote:I must admit I quick fancy the Jagermeister transporter Exoto offer. It maybe a fantasy transporter, but would look great with a couple of 1976 DRM Max Moritz Jagermeister 934s on board
I know this is not an opinion some of our fellow collectors will share with me, but I think that in many occasions the "fake" transporter looks even cooler than the "real" one.
Actually I agree with you. I think the Jagermeister transporter looks great and as I have around 50 Jagermeister cars I'd be tempted to get one as well if they weren't so expensive. I just wish that if manufacturers are going to produce fake models, then they should tell us they are fake rather than pretending that these fantasy models were real.

LUW

Post by LUW » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:31 pm

A Jägermeister transporter with a 934 and 935 in the same livery alongside it? Where do I buy that? :D
Image The Garage

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon May 01, 2017 4:12 am

I usually prefer the fake ones too. The real ones are usually less glamourous and more businesslike.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:26 am

Jager wrote:
Serafa wrote:
Actually I agree with you. I think the Jagermeister transporter looks great and as I have around 50 Jagermeister cars I'd be tempted to get one as well if they weren't so expensive. I just wish that if manufacturers are going to produce fake models, then they should tell us they are fake rather than pretending that these fantasy models were real.
Like you would believe it just because Exoto said it was real :lol:
Jeff
ImageImage

Jager

Post by Jager » Mon May 01, 2017 6:42 am

LUW wrote:A Jägermeister transporter with a 934 and 935 in the same livery alongside it? Where do I buy that? :D
It's not as fancy (or as expensive) as the Exoto transporter, but Premium Classixxs have done an accurate version of the Max Moritz van used to transport the Jagermeister 934's and 935's in the mid 1970's.

LUW

Post by LUW » Mon May 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Jager wrote:It's not as fancy (or as expensive) as the Exoto transporter, but Premium Classixxs have done an accurate version of the Max Moritz van used to transport the Jagermeister 934's and 935's in the mid 1970's.
Oh shit, me and my big mouth.
And there goes more money down the pit Image.

Does the back open like on the O317?
Image The Garage

Jager

Post by Jager » Mon May 01, 2017 7:57 pm

No, the one downside of these Mercedes LP 608 vans from Premium Classixxs (and Schuco) is that they don't open. Its a disappointment considering how much they cost (though btw, none of the Spark transporter open either)

LUW

Post by LUW » Mon May 01, 2017 8:07 pm

That's fantastic! I'm very relieved - now I have a solid reason for not buying it :lol:.
Image The Garage

Jager

Post by Jager » Wed May 03, 2017 1:55 am

IXO have done several nice support vans using their Saviem casting. Both of these have genuine liveries used by the teams for rallying and endurance racing, though the real vans may have been slightly longer than the IXO versions.

Brand: IXO (RAC014)
Team/Factory: Alpine Renault
Transporter: Saviem SG2
Years(s): 1968 - 1975 ?

Brand: IXO (COF034 - Limited to 1,032 pieces)
Team/Factory: Renault Sport
Transporter: Saviem SG2
Years(s): 1976 - 1980 ?

There are at least two other Renault liveries using the same casting, but I don't know if they are genuine.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:16 am

While not a transporter it is a race support vehicle. Just don't know if its "Real" or not. Don't much care.

And here is another that I am unsure if it is fantasy or not. See above if it matters.
Jeff
ImageImage

LUW

Post by LUW » Wed May 03, 2017 8:34 am

I think it would be highly probable that MB used a truck like that to haul race cars, but possibly at some later time so maybe not a W196.
Image The Garage

Stig

Post by Stig » Wed May 03, 2017 3:04 pm

Don't forget the rare Spanish Pegaso "Bacalao" (from Modeltrans or Hispania Models makers)

Some of my racing transporters:

I didn't know that the Exoto red Alfa 500 was a wrong colour

Jager

Post by Jager » Wed May 03, 2017 7:27 pm

Lovely collection Stig, though I'm curious why you don't display any race cars on your transporters ? Half the fun of collecting transporters for me is matching them up with the appropriate cars.

With respect to Exoto's red Alfa Romeo transporter, it should be grey as you can see in the background of this picture :