Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:46 am

I've yet to see a bad-looking CSL but in black it looks amazingly cool. Darth Vader on wheels.

LUW

Post by LUW » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 am

Hadn't seen that car before. Cool clean livery.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Zeus

Post by Zeus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:19 pm

scalainj wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:23 am
The 1986 Lombard RAC Rally was almost the last hurrah of the Group B cars in the WRC after the announcement that from 1987 Group B would no longer be eligible for competition and it would be the last European outing for Group B and for that matter most of the works teams and drivers.
Works teams from Peugeot, Lancia, Austin & Ford entered including no less than four RS200s one of which was for Stig Blomqvist & Bruno Bergland who straight out of the box won the first stage however they would not finish when on stage 26 their turbo failed.

Otto Models - Ford RS200 - 1986 Lombard RAC Rally - S.Blomqvist & B.Bergland - DNF

Now I dont collect 1/18 this is a beauty. Must resist, must resist.
I'm not addicted to models, an addict admits their problems & I don't have a problem.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:41 am

zimbo wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:15 am
That looks SO good!! :shock:
It's as good in the hand :D
Tom wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:46 am
I've yet to see a bad-looking CSL but in black it looks amazingly cool. Darth Vader on wheels.
I don't think a bad looking CSL exists regardless of livery. Agreed looks wonderful in black
LUW wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 am
Hadn't seen that car before. Cool clean livery.
This is another I have in 43rd, just not from the same race. Another limited edition retailer special if I recall correctly
Zeus wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:19 pm
scalainj wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:23 am
The 1986 Lombard RAC Rally was almost the last hurrah of the Group B cars in the WRC after the announcement that from 1987 Group B would no longer be eligible for competition and it would be the last European outing for Group B and for that matter most of the works teams and drivers.
Works teams from Peugeot, Lancia, Austin & Ford entered including no less than four RS200s one of which was for Stig Blomqvist & Bruno Bergland who straight out of the box won the first stage however they would not finish when on stage 26 their turbo failed.

Otto Models - Ford RS200 - 1986 Lombard RAC Rally - S.Blomqvist & B.Bergland - DNF

Now I dont collect 1/18 this is a beauty. Must resist, must resist.
Be strong my friend. Otherwise like me you will be doomed ;)
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:48 am

Alfa Romeo introduced the 1750 version of the 6C in 1929 which featured a new 1752cc engine, a new chassis designed to flex on rough surfaces and higher geared steering. Built in 6 series between 1929 & 1933 the range featured a base model with a 46hp single overhead cam, a Sport model with a 55hp DOHC unit, a Super Sport with a 64hp twin choke DOHC and Grand Sport with a 85hp supercharged DOHC.
Most of the cars were sold as a rolling chassis and bodied by various coach builders including James Young, Zagato and Touring and in total 2635 cars of all types were built. The car was very successful in motor sport and chalked up wins at the Grands Prix of Belgium, Spain, Tunis and Monza, the Mille Miglia twice, the Brooklands Double Twelve, the Ulster TT and the Spa 24 Hours.
CMC have modelled a Zagato bodied supercharged Grand Sport which came in two varieties, the standard 85hp or the testa fissa with it's welded head, good for 102hp

CMC - Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Grand Sport
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Tom

Post by Tom » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:47 am

Fell in love with this when I saw a well-used 1:1 at an event. CMC made the ultimate model, as they tend to do. Droolworthy.

Simon

Post by Simon » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:09 am

As much as Andy's pictures are as ever to a high standard, they still don't do this model justice! Had this model in my hands (Andy is VERY trusting) and it is one of the best models I've ever seen.

Simply breath-taking quality and loveliness!

LUW

Post by LUW » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:42 am

All I should say is thank God I don't collect 1:18 :D
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:
Image The Garage
You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:41 am

Now that IS beautiful.
Martin

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:24 am

CMC is always ahead of the others. And this model is amazing! Just look at the details of the mechanics of the soft top, this is a very high level of craftsmanship.

johann.nunweiller

Post by johann.nunweiller » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 pm

Great model and details!

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:46 am

This one really raises the bar :shock: Incredible display of just how far modelling has come. One wonders what could be next? Thanks for sharing Andy :) BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

dcast

Post by dcast » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:33 am

Wow, amazing details! That is truly an accurate scale model replica, every single bolt and nut seems to be included :)

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:32 am

Tom wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:47 am
Fell in love with this when I saw a well-used 1:1 at an event. CMC made the ultimate model, as they tend to do. Droolworthy.
Nice. Not sure i've ever seen one in the flesh.
It is a superb effort from CMC and the more I look, and well, play with it the more features i find.
Simon wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:09 am
As much as Andy's pictures are as ever to a high standard, they still don't do this model justice! Had this model in my hands (Andy is VERY trusting) and it is one of the best models I've ever seen.

Simply breath-taking quality and loveliness!
I agree Simon, my pictures do not capture this model fully. I'd need to be a better photographer for a start :)
And more than happy for a fellow collector and friend who appreciates the finer models in life to be hands on with them
LUW wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:42 am
All I should say is thank God I don't collect 1:18 :D
I'm just thankful the CMC releases are few and far between!
Alfaholic wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:41 am
Now that IS beautiful.
It's better than that Martin. No adequate words
Serafa wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:24 am
CMC is always ahead of the others. And this model is amazing! Just look at the details of the mechanics of the soft top, this is a very high level of craftsmanship.
They are. Only Exoto can touch them (and for far more money)
I haven't as yet dared to unbuckle the straps so that i can find out if that mechanism works as well as it looks!
johann.nunweiller wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:20 pm
Great model and details!
Certainly is. Cheers
GarageOnAWall wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:46 am
This one really raises the bar :shock: Incredible display of just how far modelling has come. One wonders what could be next? Thanks for sharing Andy :) BB
CMC do that with each release i think. After this fom CMC came the Type 57 Corsica (on the list) and the Talbot Lago T150
From me, next up will be this morning and it's not another CMC
dcast wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:33 am
Wow, amazing details! That is truly an accurate scale model replica, every single bolt and nut seems to be included :)
Very much so. And not only included most of it functions!
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:53 am

The fourth round of the 1979 ETCC was held at my local circuit, Brands Hatch (incidentally I was there yesterday) and was run over 500km. It consisted of 5 divisions based on engine size, with division 5 being for cars of 3 litres and above which for this race was four BMW 3.0 CSls, one from Jolly Club Milano Racing, one from BMW Italia, one from Écurie Chardon des Dunes-Dragons and one from Luigi racing.
The Luigi Racing car was driven by Jean Xhenceval, Pierre Dieudonné & Raymond Van Hove who qualified second with the Jolly Club car on pole. The race would see the Luigi car win the race after the leading Jolly Club car lost control after hitting an oil patch and crashing.

Minichamps - BMW 3.0 CSL - 1979 Brands Hatch 500km - J.Xhenceval, P.Dieudonné & R.Van Hove- 1st
Andy

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:04 am

Incredibly cool, it looks like a real car in the pictures!

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:09 am

I'm know the 1:1 red Alfa has been on show at Goodwood FoS in the year of the Alfa 100 tribute (2009). Car was impressive and those three red lamps across the front are a give away. I always admire CMC and am just glad - costwise - that I don't collect 1:18. Splendid add though!

Yellow Beemer is another superb addition. I always thought the road car was a bit plain but the race versions livened the shape up no end. The shunt at Brands yesterday must have sent up a groan from spectators and pit crew...

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:42 am

Another reminder, I NEED to buy one of these cars! You've shown other variant(s) and each one is better than the next. To mimic the door's graphics....Minichamps - Diecast.Better BB
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

zimbo

Post by zimbo » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:58 pm

I still hanker for another CMC to keep my 901 company... Aiming (currently) towards either a Ferrari 250 GTO or the California :?

Never seen or handled an Exoto so cant comment but I do KNOW that CMC are amazing at what they do, I always did think they were absurdly highly priced until I found mine on sale and bit the bullet so to speak and got my 901, there by instantly realising why they cost as much as they do, dont get me wrong I will still probably choke at the price if and when I can ever afford to get another CMC but it will all be forgotten once I get my excited hands on it :lol:
Alistair

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 am

Tom wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:04 am
Incredibly cool, it looks like a real car in the pictures!
Thanks Tom 8-) All credit to Minichamps i'd say
GBOAC002 wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:09 am
I'm know the 1:1 red Alfa has been on show at Goodwood FoS in the year of the Alfa 100 tribute (2009). Car was impressive and those three red lamps across the front are a give away. I always admire CMC and am just glad - costwise - that I don't collect 1:18. Splendid add though!

Yellow Beemer is another superb addition. I always thought the road car was a bit plain but the race versions livened the shape up no end. The shunt at Brands yesterday must have sent up a groan from spectators and pit crew...
Thanks Ian.
I really like CMCs and they do cost a bit. A lot of their subjects are not of interest to me fortunately but this with it's instantly recognisable red lamps certainly was.
MCs latest CSL releases whilst sealed are pretty good I think. Subject matter obviously is a benefit here
GarageOnAWall wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:42 am
Another reminder, I NEED to buy one of these cars! You've shown other variant(s) and each one is better than the next. To mimic the door's graphics....Minichamps - Diecast.Better BB
You do mate. I have another variant on the way as well. Indeed ;)
zimbo wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:58 pm
I still hanker for another CMC to keep my 901 company... Aiming (currently) towards either a Ferrari 250 GTO or the California :?

Never seen or handled an Exoto so cant comment but I do KNOW that CMC are amazing at what they do, I always did think they were absurdly highly priced until I found mine on sale and bit the bullet so to speak and got my 901, there by instantly realising why they cost as much as they do, dont get me wrong I will still probably choke at the price if and when I can ever afford to get another CMC but it will all be forgotten once I get my excited hands on it :lol:
Either will be a fine companion mate. Personally if I were to pick i'd go for the California but thats's subjective as i prefer it (just) as a model to the
GTO. I agree CMCs are very special models and yes the quality remains long after the price is forgotten to paraphrase
Andy

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:55 am

Fantastic model, I will admit that the subject is not on the top of my list but at the same time its desirable because of it's magnificence.
Jeff
ImageImage

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:07 am

Andy, I assume you have at least one of MC's new 1:18 quattros on the way?

grinbergs

Post by grinbergs » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 am

The Alfa is just stunning, joining the praises here. The car seems to be a little bit older than you usual collect - is this an old time favorite or fit within a theme in your collection? Either way, congrats. :)

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:34 pm

Just letting you know Andy, that I will not be looking at this thread anymore. I am spending the time sitting down and writing out:

I only collect 1/43
I only collect 1/43
I only collect 1/43...........
Martin