reeft1

Re: Delahaye 135 MS Compétition, based on Jabtoys Delahaye 165

Post by reeft1 »

Beautiful job

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 »

I absolutely love it!!!
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

Jager

Post by Jager »

I doubt there is anyone here on the forum that wouldn't love to have that in their collection Jean. Congratulations.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

gilma

Post by gilma »

Superb work with that trim over the fender. Before I read what you wrote I just couldn't imagine how you did it, and I'm still impressed of how clean your glueing is, even with such small (or thin) parts. The interior is fantastic and up to your (incredibly) high standards.

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. »

Alex_W wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:56 pm
Nice JB!
Nice to hear that, too :D
Tom wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:38 pm
That looks amazing, you put the stakes a little higher with every single build! And yes, I can believe how insanely difficult it would be to affix the trim to the tops of the wings so cleanly.
Well, believe me, there's no plan to put the stakes higher, as you say, I only make the works which seem to be necessary - and possible to make... :)
klubman01 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:49 pm
Exquisite workmanship - your best yet. Love the colour scheme!
Great to hearing that! Thank you! :P
reeft1 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:01 pm
Beautiful job
Thanks, mission completed :D
Paulius43 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:43 am
I absolutely love it!!!
... and so do I! Thanks, and enjoy the pictures below!
Jager wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:00 am
I doubt there is anyone here on the forum that wouldn't love to have that in their collection Jean. Congratulations.
Thank you :P ! I have to admit, that was quite an incredible work. When looking at this model now, I hardly can believe that I have done this, really... :oops:
gilma wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:52 am
Superb work with that trim over the fender. Before I read what you wrote I just couldn't imagine how you did it, and I'm still impressed of how clean your glueing is, even with such small (or thin) parts. The interior is fantastic and up to your (incredibly) high standards.
Thank you so much! Finally, you simply need enough time! Sometimes the tiniest works take a complete afternoon or even a whole day :roll: After having made some dozens of models, for me it seems that you can do almost anything, as long as you take your time :D

Last works on the Delahaye:

This car had the most weird (or wired :lol: ) bumpers in automobile history! Consisting of three thin wires, torn by 90° and swaying around the curves :shock: I couldn't resist to make these bumpers, although there is no photo on which the construction can be clearly seen.

Here's the front bumper:

... and here's the rear one:

This particular car was shown on the Paris Salon as well with as without bumpers, they must have changed this during the show:

When the car was sold right away from the exhibition to any Prince Ali of the Orient, it was painted plain black :( and received the "traditional" blade bumpers, often used by Figoni.

By the way: it really seems as if the original show car did not have any rear lights :?: Those seem first to be attached with a licence plate holder. There we can see the tubular rear lights which we can find often with Figoni teardrop designs.

My interpretation of the front bumper...

...and the rear one.

Attaching the windscreen. No, it's not foldable, as it is V-shaped, the mechanic would have been far too complicated (for me :oops: ) to construct...

After having fixed every detail, it seems that the windshield sits too high... :o :twisted:

Doesn't help: anything had to be torn off again, and starting all over again... :x But this time I'm satisfied, it now sits close to the hood :) .

And finally I can proudly present the completed Delahaye 135 MS, design by Geo Ham, as shown at the Paris Salon in 1936, the first of a dozen cars of that type:

Not to forget: the tarpeaux can be removed...

...and as there is too few space for luggage, ...

... I thought this could be just the right car to drive to the next tennis court nearby Cap d'Antibes ...

... and play a match :D

By the way: these are Hazell's tennis racks from 1935 :)

For a certain reason I did not glue the bumpers...

... but made them removable.

Why :?:

Because M. Figoni left this magnificent watercolour sketch of the car...

..which I wanted to bring alive :P

Let's celebrate fiery Figoni :D

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

Bravo

Jager

Post by Jager »

Stupendous Jean. Are we allowed to say this is your best creation to date? Making the bumpers removable was a touch of brilliance.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

Tom

Post by Tom »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tennis rackets are a brilliant touch. Surely your best creation yet.

BertOne

Post by BertOne »

It seems that every time you present a new model it's declared your best yet, but what else can we say - they do seem to just get better and better. The removable bumpers are the icing on the cake, beautifully intricate and unique.

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 »

Absolutely fantastic! Love all the tiniest detail of this model. And all of them together, oh man, I want to have them in my collection, too!! Congrats for this marvellous job (again)!
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 »

It's not often that I'm lost for words but there aren't enough superlatives to describe this latest project! :)