Talbot-Lago T150CSS Pourtout by Idea3

oldirish33

Re: Talbot-Lago T150CSS Pourtout by Idea3

Post by oldirish33 »

Fabulous Jean! I don't think its the cheap bourbon, I think its the drinking bourbon! :lol:

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. »

Alex_W wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:21 pm
Nice job, as usual.

I drink only Maker's Mark.

I've been an Makers Mark ambassador since I met a guy who sold them the wax for their bottles. I gave him my card and a few weeks later I got a letter from the founders son and president of the company thanking me for my support. I get a nice gift from them every year at Christmas and there are (were, pre-covid) events around the country with food and tastings. Maker's 46 is especially good.
What a lucky guy you are :D Never heard of this brand before, but will have a look and tell you ;)
Tom wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:35 pm
Happy accident with the wheels! It looks amazing, glad that you're back to gloss colours as they complement the shape.
Don't worry, I am going to use gloss colours for all further builds :P . The wheels have been replaced meanwhile, this was - luckily - not so very difficult.
BertOne wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:56 pm
The colour is spot-on. 8-)
Thanks! Meanwhile the original car is restored, but they used a much brighter "French blue", which cannot be the original hue.
Jager wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 am
Looks amazing Jean, though a little part of me would like to see you produce the unrestored car just for something different :D .
This does not surprise me at all ;) But you know, I'm the "tidy guy" and could never build a car which looks "used" :)
oldirish33 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:07 pm
Fabulous Jean! I don't think its the cheap bourbon, I think its the drinking bourbon! :lol:
Do you really think :?: I'll try again :mrgreen:

Etching and no end...

Parts for the seats.

The interior floor was completely designed on-screen, and it fits perfectly :o

Completed bench.

More p/e parts...

Ooops, what's that :shock:

Completed dash.

Pre-assembled door panels.

Pre-assembled interior.

Model-building for the advanced: Making a windshield frame which is completely integrated into the body, and mounting the window panes from the inside.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Wonderful! Also love the tennis rackets!

What's with the 1:43 animals?

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 »

Great update!

Are there any Bentleys and Bugatti Royales on your work bench??
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

oldirish33

Post by oldirish33 »

Love the detail!

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W »

Jean B. wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:50 pm
Alex_W wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:21 pm
I drink only Maker's Mark.

I've been an Makers Mark ambassador since I met a guy who sold them the wax for their bottles. I gave him my card and a few weeks later I got a letter from the founders son and president of the company thanking me for my support. I get a nice gift from them every year at Christmas and there are (were, pre-covid) events around the country with food and tastings. Maker's 46 is especially good.
What a lucky guy you are :D Never heard of this brand before, but will have a look and tell you ;
Let me see what I can do to hook you up with a bottle.

gilma

Post by gilma »

Great interior details, great color (Blue is my favorite...), I love the tennis rackets, and what about the animals?

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. »

Tom wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:04 pm
Wonderful! Also love the tennis rackets!

What's with the 1:43 animals?
Paulius43 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:43 pm
Great update!

Are there any Bentleys and Bugatti Royales on your work bench??
Not exactly. I sell hood mascots on a well-known internet auction platform, and from time to time I need replenishment :)
oldirish33 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:47 pm
Love the detail!
...always the pity with closed cars - you can see hardly anything of those details when the model is completed :roll: However, for met it's always the mind of "I only make this model once in a lifetime", and so I make those details nevertheless...
Alex_W wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:47 pm
Let me see what I can do to hook you up with a bottle.
...perhaps my drug taxi won't have to visit me twice a day anymore :mrgreen:
gilma wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:40 am
Great interior details, great color (Blue is my favorite...), I love the tennis rackets, and what about the animals?
It's great that this particular car left unrestored until a few years ago! One of the rare opportunities to study paint & trim before Pebble-Beaching :D

Last turn of photo-etching for this model. Really!

Fixing the trim.

"Real" headlights, although...

...they disappear behind the grilles.

Almost ready.

The shape of the rear bumper is "supposed", as it seems to be sure that the car did have bumpers, but as this chassis number is the only of four cars with a rounded tail and as there is not a single vintage photo of the car, I cannot be sure about the shape of the bumper.

Unfortunately I made a mistake when designing the model: the rear lights disappear behind the bumper :? . What should I do? Well,...

...let's make the bumpers detachable - for a rather sporty appearance :P

The extravagant hood latches are made by using 0.1mm wire.

The grilles are the 8th wonder of the world :D : Normally they say that you can only take the thickness of the metal sheet for the finest line to etch, in this case 0.2mm. I tried to make the grille rods 0.12 mm - and made it :P (Honestly, for punching the radiator grille I needed a dozen of issues until I succeeded :oops: )

Door handles and "M. Pourtout" writing on the door sills. There are two different types of Pourtout badges, but the last car of this series got these, so I made my decision.

The front badge of this particular chassis number had a "Lago" badge, so I felt free to use the Lago script for the boot cover. The use of the company's name was complex: In the early 20th century, the British (!) company Talbot had a joint venture with French company of Darracq. Later the French company developped their own cars, and for distributing those int the UK; they used the name "Darracq". In France - and for the rest of the world - the company extended its name in Talbot-Lago after Antonio Lago purchased the French brand. Therefore the same French cars were named "Talbot-Lago", "Darracq" and sometimes only "Lago" - quite confusing... :)

Dramatic shape!

This was the last Talbot-Lago in my collection. As this big subject is completed, I took some photos in my "Cheverny" diorama. Have a look there!

Tom

Post by Tom »

Amazing result, I keep going back over your pictures.

Wouldn't it be possible to bend the rear bumper brackets so that the bumper is just below the rear lights and above the exhaust? It looks amazing without the bumpers, so there's no real need...

BertOne

Post by BertOne »

Great work and relatively simple looking compared to some of your projects but the fact that there don't seem to be any commercially available models makes it all the more attractive. Hopefully the likes of Matrix/Esval/Kess/Autocult will make one available for the rest of us.

reeft1

Post by reeft1 »

Wonderful build as always Jean

oldirish33

Post by oldirish33 »

Absolutely stunning, beautiful work! Bravo!

Paulius43

Post by Paulius43 »

Outstanding, as always!
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a model is worth a thousand pictures." Harley J. Earl
My concept car 1:43 collection: viewtopic.php?t=1096

gilma

Post by gilma »

Excellent result, great details, well done.

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. »

Tom wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:26 pm
Amazing result, I keep going back over your pictures.

Wouldn't it be possible to bend the rear bumper brackets so that the bumper is just below the rear lights and above the exhaust? It looks amazing without the bumpers, so there's no real need...
Thanks! I've had the same idea with the rear bumper, but in fact it would then sit too low compared to the front bumper. So I simply leave it this way, in the showcase it's not visible, and - as you said - for photos it can be detached ;) Nobody's perfect!
BertOne wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:57 pm
Great work and relatively simple looking compared to some of your projects but the fact that there don't seem to be any commercially available models makes it all the more attractive. Hopefully the likes of Matrix/Esval/Kess/Autocult will make one available for the rest of us.
I was wondering myself that there's obviously no ready-made model of this car. It's beautiful, there are three existent cars, and the names of Talbot-Lago as well as Pourtout are famous. Let's hope that someone will do it soon... :P
reeft1 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:02 pm
Wonderful build as always Jean
Thank you very much! The desing looks much more simple than what was necessary to build it...
oldirish33 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:05 pm
Absolutely stunning, beautiful work! Bravo!
Thank you so much!
Paulius43 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:49 am
Outstanding, as always!
Happy to hearing that, thank you!
Alex_W wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:21 pm
Excellent job.
Thank you! Maybe sometime I'll keep up with you ;)
gilma wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:08 am
Excellent result, great details, well done.
Thank you very much! Indeed, I'm proud to have this one in my collection! :)

Reunion of siblings.