Cord L29 Boattail Speedster by MiniMarque 43

BertOne

Re: Cord L29 Boattail Speedster by MiniMarque 43

Post by BertOne » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:54 pm

For the rest of us who lack your special talents may I take this opportunity to appeal to GLM/Matrix/Neo/TSM; please model these cars.

gilma

Post by gilma » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:16 pm

Superb Jean :) I really love the final result (and also the way there...). The colors came out wonderful, the interior is so much better, and all the little details, real pleasure and great photos as well!

Ozmac

Post by Ozmac » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:19 pm

Congratulations Jean on another superb effort. And it's so much fun to follow the progress over the weeks. I tune in most days.

David MG

Post by David MG » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:51 am

Tremendous effort, Jean. I hereby confer on you the Freedom of S143. You can post on this forum for the rest of your life for FREE.
Cheers,
David

Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:18 am

:lol:

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:17 am

LUW wrote:Someone give this man the prize money. The rest of you can all go home.
Nice :oops: thank you! But I'm doing all this only for heaven's sake...
DeadCanDanceR wrote:Fabulous! :o And those photos with the Duesenberg are simply amazing! ;)
Thank you! Isn't that funny: at the beginning I was absolutely sure that the Cord would be a design of Gordon Buehrig. At least now we know where he got his ideas from... ;)
Tom wrote:My hat's off to you. Another fantastic creation.
Thank you so much! It's a pleasure to entertain you with all that :P
BertOne wrote:For the rest of us who lack your special talents may I take this opportunity to appeal to GLM/Matrix/Neo/TSM; please model these cars.
But if they finally do so, I claim to receive all the white-metal models which are superfluous then... :lol:
gilma wrote:Superb Jean :) I really love the final result (and also the way there...). The colors came out wonderful, the interior is so much better, and all the little details, real pleasure and great photos as well!
Thanks a lot, it's my pleasure, too, to share all this with you!
Ozmac wrote:Congratulations Jean on another superb effort. And it's so much fun to follow the progress over the weeks. I tune in most days.
Thank you! I'm glad to hear about your participation! It's really satisfying to build something with ones hands - so get your knives and files and paints and start model-building ;)
David MG wrote:Tremendous effort, Jean. I hereby confer on you the Freedom of S143. You can post on this forum for the rest of your life for FREE.
Thank you, that's so kind! By now I always insert a coin for every post in that round tablet coming out at the side of the laptop. Hope that this has an end now... the machine makes a strange noise meanwhile...

All the neighbours have to move closer together, but there's still enough space for the new one:

And I guess I'll have to pause model-building for a while... :( I really, really have to tidy up my workshop, including installing a new workbench for my lathe ( :D ), new lighting, additional sockets and so on... If anyone of you already tried to clean up a cellar room, you'll know what all this means... :roll: Presumably I will secretly starting the next model, but I should discipline myself and wait until everything is ready...

stewil

Post by stewil » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:11 am

Another stunner Jean,
Bravo!

I love looking at your shelves and thank you for showing where the Cord is now living. :D
However my memory is fuzzy. :oops:
Have you shown the Auburn Speedster and coffin nosed Cord before?
Would also love to see close ups of the cars on your shelves sometime. (several at a time maybe or shelf by shelf)
Thank you, :)
Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve

Ozmac

Post by Ozmac » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 am

Looking at your shelves, Jean, I really like the variety of colours on show, as well as the cars themselves, of course.