Trumpf Adler Reichs-Autobahn-Wagen by Mikansue

Jean B.

Re: Trumpf Adler Reichs-Autobahn-Wagen by Mikansue

Post by Jean B. » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:09 pm

Tom wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:44 am
Yup, it's beautiful.
And I think it already points to the 1950s. What a shame that all those ideas were cut off due to the war... But it's nice to give all those cars a new chance with our hobby, isn't it :D ?
LUW wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:47 am
I gather you are not a WWII buff? :) Still utterly awesome, even more so with it's sibling.
I'm indeed interested in history, but I fear I'm too retarded for those innuendos :)
gilma wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:22 am
Beautiful model Jean, I just love that split back window and those streaming lines (I have a few in my collection) 8-)
Thanks! And let me know where to see your streamliners! Originally I wanted to collect only such designs, but there are too few made in white-metal, so I am terribly forced to buy other models, as well :lol:
reeft1 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:59 am
Excellent as always Jean
Thanks a lot, nice to hear! :P
CDM wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:08 pm
I have built a few Mikansue & John Day kits over the years. Some were not bad but a few were truly awful models, but back in those days it was all you could get. I have never made this particular model, but what you have created from a pretty average model is remarkable. It really needs to be featured in a model magazine as well as on here. I cant wait for the next one.Chris
Thank you so much! I'll see what I can do regarding model magazines... ;) ! The quality of Mikansue varies extremely between the different models. Absolutely worst case was the Aston Martin C-type (also shown here sometime ago), but the Lagonda V12 Drophead Coupé and the Triumph Dolomite Roadster (still to come) are really excellent models. And the next one (no Mikansue) is already on the workbench... :D
GBOAC002 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:28 am
As an ex plastic kit builder I 'doff' my cap to you! Each model you produce is a work of art.
I guess becoming an artist was one of my (disappointed) dreams in life, but model-building simply is my vocation, as it seems! 8-) I'm happy if I can entertain you fellows here a little bit, and meanwhile there's enough stuff under my bed for the next 26 and half years :lol:

The Adler found its new home, and for the first time I had to open the second row (where my early attempts will be shifted to):

Jean B. will return in "Alvis" - stay tuned ;) !

LUW

Post by LUW » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:39 pm

I see a Typ D! And a Lucca car!!! :shock:
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

BertOne

Post by BertOne » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:19 pm

The Adler stands out even in this illustrious company. A true beauty and possibly your best yet.

CDM

Post by CDM » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:37 pm

I think the Mikansue Ford Cortina 1600E model is streets ahead on the scale of most awful models !!!

Perhaps we ought to start a thread on old white metal kits?

I have actually just finished a Mikansue HRG with a Auto Replicas Healey Silverstone here to be started

Chris

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:58 am

When I resumed collecting 1:43s in the mid 1980s White Metal models it was fortunate that the ones on sale at the old St Martins Model Shop were (mostly) too expensive to buy as kit or made up.

It was therefore easy to look at some of the horrors like the Cortina 1600E and dismiss them! I did however buy one kit of a Ferrari 365 GTC/4 by ADB and have it painted and made up via St Martins. Result of the so called 'pro build' was awful.

Ready made and pre painted SMTS Lamborghini Countach 5000 was excellent. Ready made maroon Lagonda (Wm Towns) Saloon by Western Models was excellent, and a Lansdowne Models black 1937 Morris Ten Series IV (Dad's first 1:1 car) was well done too.

It seems if one chose carefully there were the occasional successes out there but resin kits were just taking off. Again too expensive and having been a plastic kit builder I knew only too well how flimsy they were so best avoided.

Jean has admirably demonstrated just how much work and skill it takes to turn in a 'so-so' white metal model in to an object of beauty.

klubman01

Post by klubman01 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:31 pm

Another great model. The time and effort involved, and the attention to detail, are to be commended. An inspiration to us lesser mortals.

Jean B.

Post by Jean B. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:13 am

LUW wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:39 pm
What's a Lucca car...?
BertOne wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:19 pm
The Adler stands out even in this illustrious company. A true beauty and possibly your best yet.
At least it adds some modern times touch... After all, it's a rather "easy" model, no really complicated details to do, let's wait for things to come :D
CDM wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:37 pm
I think the Mikansue Ford Cortina 1600E model is streets ahead on the scale of most awful models !!! Perhaps we ought to start a thread on old white metal kits? I have actually just finished a Mikansue HRG with a Auto Replicas Healey Silverstone here to be started Chris
I hope these builds can be seen here! Good idea with an extra thread, let's do it!
GBOAC002 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:58 am
When I resumed collecting 1:43s in the mid 1980s White Metal models it was fortunate that the ones on sale at the old St Martins Model Shop were (mostly) too expensive to buy as kit or made up.

It was therefore easy to look at some of the horrors like the Cortina 1600E and dismiss them! I did however buy one kit of a Ferrari 365 GTC/4 by ADB and have it painted and made up via St Martins. Result of the so called 'pro build' was awful.

Ready made and pre painted SMTS Lamborghini Countach 5000 was excellent. Ready made maroon Lagonda (Wm Towns) Saloon by Western Models was excellent, and a Lansdowne Models black 1937 Morris Ten Series IV (Dad's first 1:1 car) was well done too.

It seems if one chose carefully there were the occasional successes out there but resin kits were just taking off. Again too expensive and having been a plastic kit builder I knew only too well how flimsy they were so best avoided.

Jean has admirably demonstrated just how much work and skill it takes to turn in a 'so-so' white metal model in to an object of beauty.
Thank you :P ! I very often think that the manufacturers should offer their cars only or at least in addition as plain kits. It's always very expensive to buy ready-made white-metals with the only aim to strip them off and build up newly. I think it's absolutely clear that the manufacturers cannot offer really "top-build" cars, it would be unaffordable, and I'd rather save some money... :)
klubman01 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:31 pm
Another great model. The time and effort involved, and the attention to detail, are to be commended. An inspiration to us lesser mortals.
Thank you so much! Be inspired and start with it, too! Simply follow the step-by-step instructions and skip the weird details (for now)... :P

LUW

Post by LUW » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:43 am

Jean B. wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:13 am
LUW wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:39 pm
What's a Lucca car...?
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

ben1961

Post by ben1961 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:53 pm

did not had a suitable modelcar as yet to try the window film, you did and it seems to work. Thanks for sharing this outstanding work