Hello There...A reintroduction of sorts

A forum to introduce yourself to the group
Sportracer956

Hello There...A reintroduction of sorts

Post by Sportracer956 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:25 pm

Hey all,

I don't think I ever officially introduced myself. It's been nearly 4 years since my last activity on this forum, nearly 8 since I've joined. Lots has happened, both great and not so great. The short of it... Little over 3 years ago my (then) wife and I had a beautiful baby girl (Rose, who is doing absolutely fantastic). Move ahead 2 years and she wants a divorce. Out of left field, no warnings (that I saw), that's it, done. As one would imagine, this crushed me, like almost to the point of no return. But between family (even hers) and friends I can strongly say I've made it to the other side of this nightmare. I've had a few conversations with her about what happened, but it still doesn't really all add up. C'est la vie.... My daughter and I have a great relationship. I see her multiple times a week. My ex and I actually co-parent very well, so seeing her when I want isn't a court room drama every time.

On to the collection. I had a lengthy period where nothing was bought, like most of us I guess. I keep an eye out for good deals when I can, but being out of "buying" mode puts more and more models on my want list, and they seem to just get pricier as time moves. I'm currently under a major refocus. I've been doing the ebay (Sportracer956) thing for a couple of months, but looking at the bill makes me want to seek alternative means. If it's still ok, look for a sale thread very shortly.

It's good to finally write this. I've wanted to for some time now, but just did't have the confidence to get back into the hobby on a social level. I lurk here almost daily however. I just made an imgur account. PB really screwed this all up huh? I apologize for my broken photo links. I have a few new releases that I want to share, so bar with me while I get going.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to participating again.

Andrew

Jager

Re: Hello There...A reintroduction of sorts

Post by Jager » Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi Andrew, welcome back. I'd seen your eBay auctions (even bid on a few pieces) and recognised the user name from here, but figured you had just decided to get out of the hobby as some do. Sorry to hear of your dramas and the twists and turns of life, but glad to see you still have a passion for 1:43 throughout all that life has thrown at you. Don't be a stranger......you certainly won't be the only single father here on the forum.
“Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.” - Steve McQueen

LUW

Post by LUW » Tue May 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Hey Andrew! That's life: sometimes you get a curve ball out of nowhere and you can only watch it hit you smack in the face. But a far wiser man than me once said that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and that's how the world spins. So pull a chair and get comfortable, because if you have a diecast/resin addiction you came to the right asylum. Besides, with 956 in your username you have to be good people :mrgreen:.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 am

Welcome back, Andrew. Sorry to hear about the curve ball that life has thrown at you but it sounds like you have a good handle on things.

Its so nice to have a hobby in your life during troubled times. I know that its comforting to have this place to come to as i deal with some things. Its nice to have you feeling as though you want to come back. Looking forward to seeing whats in the sale.

BTW, I do remember you posting before.
Jeff
ImageImage

Sportracer956

Post by Sportracer956 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:36 pm

Thanks guys! Good to be back. I'm sorting things out, taking photos of stuff, and will start posting shortly!
Jager wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 pm
Hi Andrew, welcome back. I'd seen your eBay auctions (even bid on a few pieces) and recognised the user name from here, but figured you had just decided to get out of the hobby as some do. Sorry to hear of your dramas and the twists and turns of life, but glad to see you still have a passion for 1:43 throughout all that life has thrown at you. Don't be a stranger......you certainly won't be the only single father here on the forum.
I think I recall seeing a username with Jager in it now that you mention it, didn't even think to connect the 2. The passion definitely still exists, I just have to limit myself as to what gets added to the collection. Single father life certainly puts things in perspective.
LUW wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:06 pm
Hey Andrew! That's life: sometimes you get a curve ball out of nowhere and you can only watch it hit you smack in the face. But a far wiser man than me once said that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and that's how the world spins. So pull a chair and get comfortable, because if you have a diecast/resin addiction you came to the right asylum. Besides, with 956 in your username you have to be good people :mrgreen:.
A wiser man also told me the same thing. Great minds think alike I guess :D I'm excited to get back into this. I got a bunch of new stuff I'd like to share, just taking photos now.
JSB33 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 am
Welcome back, Andrew. Sorry to hear about the curve ball that life has thrown at you but it sounds like you have a good handle on things.

Its so nice to have a hobby in your life during troubled times. I know that its comforting to have this place to come to as i deal with some things. Its nice to have you feeling as though you want to come back. Looking forward to seeing whats in the sale.

BTW, I do remember you posting before.
Good to be back, this place does a perfect job of combining the love of scale models into a relaxed social setting. Lots of useful info and full of great people. I'm getting photos ready for a sale thread, there should be something for everyone I'd say.

Andrew

seppuku

Post by seppuku » Sat May 19, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi Andrew! Welcome back, and hope everything works out well for you... :)
"I have to admit I dont understand 1:43. 1:12 and larger I get, but most 1:43 I have seen (MOST) dont look like real cars. They are usually off in some way."
-"lateapex".....a forum member from diecastxchange.com...:)

philsaunders

Post by philsaunders » Tue May 29, 2018 6:20 pm

Welcome back, Andrew! The hobby landscape has changed a bit since you've been gone, some new players and some dearly departed brands, and sadly overall prices higher, but there seems nary a car you can imagine, however obscure, that someone hasn't produced yet.
Friends don't let friends early apex...

LM24HRS

Post by LM24HRS » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:44 am

Hi Andrew, just read your post. Life is like a book with many chapters, some good some bad. It's your story and by the sound of it you have done the right thing in getting back to socializing on this forum after your turmoils. We all need a distraction at times.

Enjoy your collecting again.
Paul - "Collecting Motorsport in Miniature; for the passion and its history".