TR2

Re: New member from Amsterdam

Post by TR2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:59 am

The Shadow brings a smile. ;)

Nice car.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 am

A friend of mine has owned a 1989 Silver Spirit for many years. It is kept locked away and he is very selective about who he tells about it. It covers very very few miles between annual MOT tests and invariably costs a lot of money to maintain for such little use and nice as it is will never be considered a classic with investment potential. Like any car it should be used regularly to keep all the mechanicals, fluids, brake lines etc,. up together.

Your tale about car envy and vandalism is sad and takes the pleasure away from owning any nice car.

Shadow 1 with it's chrome bumper is my favourite and now the Ghost which has it's basis in the BMW 7 Series. I am unlikely to ever own either but congratulate you on your MkII Shadow.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:10 am

Off all the crimes against property, I just don't get vandalism. It really shows the mental deficiencies of someone who would do this. And to target a brand of car without knowing anything else about the driver is even nuttier.
Even if you are the fattest cat in town, how does this make you a target for his shortcomings? The world is on fire with this idiocy.
I live in a jurisdiction where you are allowed to (legally) carry a gun for protection. It would be a very tense situation if someone started hitting my car and then opened my door. I would take that as a that to my safety. Such stupidity could have tragic consequences.
Jeff
ImageImage

rotormotor

Post by rotormotor » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:21 am

JSB33 wrote:Off all the crimes against property, I just don't get vandalism. It really shows the mental deficiencies of someone who would do this. And to target a brand of car without knowing anything else about the driver is even nuttier.
Even if you are the fattest cat in town, how does this make you a target for his shortcomings? The world is on fire with this idiocy.
I live in a jurisdiction where you are allowed to (legally) carry a gun for protection. It would be a very tense situation if someone started hitting my car and then opened my door. I would take that as a that to my safety. Such stupidity could have tragic consequences.

^ Just pop a cap in his ass YO

I heard the story that the lady is attached by a spring system that makes it impossible to wrench off and pinch? Maybe the fulla was trying his luck, but heck who does that? No respect for people or property some idiots..
Lars