Found me a Hellcat...

protzenegger

Found me a Hellcat...

Post by protzenegger » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:56 am

Hey folks,

Hope you'll excuse my lengthy absence from the forums... This year's been quite the roller coaster on all fronts, and I feel like I've had precious little time to myself lately. Needless to say, the model hobby has taken a back seat to everything going on, and aside from a couple of holy-grail 911s on pre-order from Make Up for next month, I expect very few additions in the coming months. In fact, I've been mostly offloading some instead.

That said, I wanted to share this little gem I found languishing on some utility box at Costco last weekend. As you can see, it's pretty beat up, and with much of its livery having been chipped, I felt this one looks best au naturel, & cleaned it up to where those sexy lines are unobstructed by massive stickers all over the side (just gashes in the paint :?). That nobody makes a proper one of these in 1:43 or even 1:18 is a travesty.

If I ever find the time, it'd be nice to basically do what this guy did, but I also don't feel like having to buy maybe $50 worth of supplies to do so.
"It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability." -Bruce McLaren

LUW

Re: Found me a Hellcat...

Post by LUW » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:34 am

A gem in the rough. Very possibly it will take a LOT of work, but you could make that shine.
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.

Serafa

Post by Serafa » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:07 am

Hey Alex, hope you are back in the game soon. Needless to say I am sad to hear you have been off-loading some of your collection. You have some seriously cool models in your garage.

In regards to the Hellcat, here is a hint: send it over to Jean B.! :D

protzenegger

Post by protzenegger » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:45 pm

Serafa wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:07 am
I am sad to hear you have been off-loading some of your collection.
It's mostly 1:18s, actually, which I've been meaning to sell for ages anyway, as I've replaced many of them with 1:43 or better-quality big ones. Still got quite a few to go. Any 1:43s I plan to get rid of are mostly duplicates that I bought in a chase for accuracy (like the Altaya Saab PW that's since been supplanted by the higher-end Norev) or because I wanted to compare brands or colors side-by-side before keeping one.

I don't expect to be back in the game at the same rate anytime soon, though. Way bigger things to worry about right now, like whether to fix or replace my RX-8 when it dies (possibly this year) and a host of looming 4-figure expenses while supporting 2 people on 1 income with side hustles. Fantastic! :roll:

And here I thought Silicon Valley was all fun & games. Very much a love/hate relationship with this place.
"It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability." -Bruce McLaren

LUW

Post by LUW » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:25 pm

Yep. Sometimes real life catches up with us big children :roll:
:checkered_flag: Luciano :checkered_flag:

You know why Italians speak with their hands? Because they have to work a lot on their engines.