105epaul's small stuff

105epaul

105epaul's small stuff

Post by 105epaul »

When I was a mere young lad the small scale models such as Matchbox were much more affordable to me so somewhere in my house there are a fair number of them, one day I shall have to dig them out. However I do have some sort of dioramas so I'll start with a couple of garages that are sitting in a bedroom. The first one seems to have become a dumping ground for Husky Ford Anglia vans and a random Budgie Motorway Express coach which was quite a rare find at a bargain price to boot.

The second one has various makers represented and I kind of like the variety of vehicles. I should really find a source of small people models to make it a bit more authentic.

Tom

Re: 105epaul's small stuff

Post by Tom »

I have to actively restrain myself from not collecting those old Matchbox cars. Very charming.

Alex_W

Post by Alex_W »

Tom wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:02 pm
I have to actively restrain myself from not collecting those old Matchbox cars. Very charming.
I'm with you on that. I sold all of mine years ago (along with a lot of Husky, Corgi Junior, Hot Wheels and Aurora slot cars) to focus on 1/43.

It's really fun to see these. If I could shrink myself down and drive one away (not one of my superpowers) it would be that Coca-Cola truck. It's the bee's knees.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

They may be small but no cars gave greater pleasure.
Jeff

Smilesperhour

Post by Smilesperhour »

So much charm and character in these little cars

105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

JSB33 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:20 am
They may be small but no cars gave greater pleasure.
So true, as a boy I spent many many hours happily playing with my Matchbox and Husky cars. We had two coal bunkers in our back yard and I used to chalk out some roads and drive my cars around. I know that boys all over the world got much pleasure in doing the same as me, it's always nice to hear people's stories from back then and what their favourite car was.

105epaul

Post by 105epaul »

Another couple of garages that reside in my lounge, one I think is some kind of kit that I bought as a diorama from a friend at a toyfair, I added the Nova and Corvette plus the wagons. The other is just one I think I bought off of eBay so i just stuck some very small cars in there.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Love them, very nostalgic. Love the dioramas too.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

I had a multi story toy parking garage that go played with constantly. So much fun!
Jeff