Site Admin

Re: Dcast's 1/64 collection

Post by JSB33 »

C7 is a real looker.
Jeff

GarageOnAWall

Post by GarageOnAWall »

Admire the Stingers, but prefer the Hot Wheels. Have recently realized how cool the 1:1 is...damn, quicker than a huge V8 Charger or a Mustang GT all from a 6 cylinder with 4 doors. Make a wagon or shooting brake version and I'd be in love!
You Can LIVE in a Car, But You Can't DRIVE a House

dcast

Post by dcast »

Tom wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:33 am
Really like the C7 and Kia.
Thanks, they are nice ones. Corvette C7 is one of the better made Hotwheels with detailed front and tail lights.

JSB33 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:48 am
C7 is a real looker.
Hotwheels did nice job on this and good colour too.

GarageOnAWall wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:12 pm
Admire the Stingers, but prefer the Hot Wheels. Have recently realized how cool the 1:1 is...damn, quicker than a huge V8 Charger or a Mustang GT all from a 6 cylinder with 4 doors. Make a wagon or shooting brake version and I'd be in love!
Kia have really done great job on the Stinger :) Last time I visited Kia dealership, saw there a Stinger in orange colour, so they have pretty brave colour available for them, but also more moderate ones, like the light grey one.

dcast

Post by dcast »

Revisiting this Porsche model:
JSB33 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:27 am
I have this one to. Check in the cargo area for a surprise,

Thanks for the tip :) Hadn't checked it out until you mentioned it. There's a doctor's stethoscope in the trunk, nice touch :) I probably should take a better look of my other 1/64's to see if there are more surprises to be found :D
At the time, I didn't know why there is stetoscope in the trunk, but recently have learned, that Hotwheels designer, who designed also this model, Ryu Asada, passed away recently at only 42 years old. Apparently he suffered from cancer several years.
https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/Ryu_Asada

Also have discovered, that lot of the Matchbox and Hotwheels cars I've liked & bought, were designed by him.

Rest In Peace Mr. Asada and thank you for designing these very nice models.

Now I see this Hotwheels Mazda MX-5 model in new light:

Smilesperhour

Post by Smilesperhour »

As much as I don't collect Hotwheels, he did some really cool cars, that in some cases really quite realistic too. RIP

dcast

Post by dcast »

During this summer, have been picking up embarrassing amount of these little models :P I'm running out of Flickr space if I'd show all of them, so I'm just showing this combination pic. It includes the Honda S2000 by Matchbox and it's the moving parts series. Then there's a Siku VW The Beetle (last gen Beetle), my first ever Siku model, and lastly an example of Majorette models, the Alfa-Romeo Giulietta:

Full list of my 1/64 cars is at the first page of this thread.

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

There's one there that I really need. :D
Martin

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

Alfaholic wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:35 pm
Give up on the VW Beetle thing Martin, your friend are talking about you behind your back :lol:
Jeff

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

JSB33 wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:14 am
Alfaholic wrote:
Give up on the VW Beetle thing Martin, your friend are talking about you behind your back :lol:
I'd take the VW over the Honda Jeff ;)

From what I've seen over the past few years, if I was to be a Beetle fancier I would need to be either a smallish balding but long-grey-haired man with a hint of a German accent, or a pretty young girl / hipster girl - neither of which I am, although I'm closer to one than the other :lol:
Martin

dcast

Post by dcast »

Alfaholic wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:22 pm
JSB33 wrote:
Alfaholic wrote:

From what I've seen over the past few years, if I was to be a Beetle fancier I would need to be either a smallish balding but long-grey-haired man with a hint of a German accent, or a pretty young girl / hipster girl - neither of which I am, although I'm closer to one than the other :lol:
Thanks for the comments :) These are just three examples of 17 castings I've got this summer :P There's even another Alfa-Romeo, Majorette Giulietta.
Also, for example my only Fiat 500 so far by Matchbox, two additional colours of Mazda MX-5 ND by Matchbox, two colours of Chevy Corvette C8 by Matchbox, Chevy Monte Carlo 1988 by Matchbox moving parts (opening doors), Volvo 850 Wagon in red by Hotwheels, Majorette French cars, like Renault Megane R.S., Peugeot 508 SW and Citroen C3. Also a yellow Lambo Urus by Majorette.
I thought for a while which car I'd choose from the Siku selection, wanted a German car as Siku is German brand, so Volkswagen Beetle became my choice.

Tom

Post by Tom »

These small models are attractive. I try to avoid them for fear of starting yet another collection.

JSB33
Site Admin

Post by JSB33 »

Alfaholic wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:22 pm
JSB33 wrote:
Alfaholic wrote:

Funny you say that because I know this guy :lol:
Jeff

dcast

Post by dcast »

Tom wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:01 am
These small models are attractive. I try to avoid them for fear of starting yet another collection.
Indeed they are :P
Here's today's addition, Ford Crown Victoria New York taxi, Matchbox moving parts. This one's moving part is the opening rear doors, pretty unusual.
Also, my only New York themed car...