Nice and aggressive-looking.

scalainj
Site Admin

Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:02 am
Nice and aggressive-looking.
Yes, if a little aesthetically challenging!
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

The Peugeot 405, launched in 1987 and discontinued in Europe in 1997, has sold over 2.5 million cars to date and still remains in production in Egypt & Iran to this day. The car had had numerous engine and trim versions but one of the most powerful (but not the most powerful) and rarer versions was the limited edition of the Mi16 known as the Le Mans.
Introduced to celebrate the 1993 Le Mans victory by Peugeot, it differed from the standard Mi16 in terms of trim and equipment and the Diablo Red paint and was limited to 500. However whether this was 500 RHD examples or 500 overall is a difficult question, because certainly the edition numbering for the car exceeds 500, i've seen a white and a grey LM, they certainly come in LHD as per the Otto model and the DVLA says only 185 were ever registered in the UK. As a matter of interest 4 of those remain road legal with another 27 laid up.

Otto Models - Peugeot 405 Mi16 Le Mans
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Tom

Post by Tom »

What a superb model of a nice car. I had two 405s (not Mi16s) as company cars and they were great.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 »

I drove a rental lesser equipped 405 on company business and remember being very impressed with it.

sheepCrusher

Post by sheepCrusher »

That is a handsome ride!
The dog wet on the picnic basket!

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:40 am
What a superb model of a nice car. I had two 405s (not Mi16s) as company cars and they were great.
They were very popular back in the day but few and far between now. Never drove one myself
GBOAC002 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:03 am
I drove a rental lesser equipped 405 on company business and remember being very impressed with it.
As above I never drove one of these. I recall a 306 being very impressive to drive and my 305 was a proper trooper
sheepCrusher wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:52 pm
That is a handsome ride!
It is. From the days before Peugeot lost their style
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

The Alfa Romeo 156 GTA was the top of the range of the 156 series and was introduced in 2001, 4 years after the 156 was released and only a year before the first of two facelifts the 156 received prior to production ending in 2005, the latter facelift never being introduced of the GTA.
Each 156 GTA was hand assembled on it's own line and shared little with the standard 156 beyond the interior, doors, bootlid and bonnet with all other parts coming from either the Fiat or Maserati Research Centres and the engine, a 3.2 litre Busso V6 developing 247hp was built on it's own line by Alfa.
Just shy of 2000 saloons and 1700 estates were built and they are now highly sort after with the pick being either the UK or New Zealand RHD models which had a both a higher specification and higher engine output of any RHD or the more common LHD cars.

Otto Models - Alfa Romeo 156 GTA Sportwagon
Andy

Tom

Post by Tom »

Fantastic model, fantastic car. I've been fortunate to drive a few GTAs and they were wonderful, even the high milers.

dcast

Post by dcast »

Good looking cars, Peugeot 405 and the Alfa :)

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

I was going to say that the 405 Mi16 would sit nicely next to a 205 GTi in my 1:1 Dream Garage...... and then I saw the Sportwagon and forgot all about the Peugeot’s :D Some cars need to be red and this one 8-)

Spectacular.
Martin

frenchy

Post by frenchy »

Loving the Autoart l/w E-type Jag Andy as well as the technomodel Porsche.
Great pics as well.
Nice job
Any idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.

Serafa

Post by Serafa »

Awesometacular!!! 100/100!!!!!!
Follow me on Instagram @brimportcollection

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:15 am
Fantastic model, fantastic car. I've been fortunate to drive a few GTAs and they were wonderful, even the high milers.
Very much so on both counts Tom
If they are anything like my Ti to drive then wonderful is a good word
dcast wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:27 am
Good looking cars, Peugeot 405 and the Alfa :)
I can only agree with this
Alfaholic wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:59 am
I was going to say that the 405 Mi16 would sit nicely next to a 205 GTi in my 1:1 Dream Garage...... and then I saw the Sportwagon and forgot all about the Peugeot’s :D Some cars need to be red and this one 8-)

Spectacular.
Whilst the is a very worthy contender, the 156 beats it hands down
Ticked the 205 Gti box many years back. It did not end well
frenchy wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:50 am
Loving the Autoart l/w E-type Jag Andy as well as the technomodel Porsche.
Great pics as well.
Nice job
Thanks Dave 8-)
Serafa wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:54 pm
Awesometacular!!! 100/100!!!!!!
Cheers Bruno
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

5 years after the last Pantera release from Kyosho they have finally released a third version, the GT4.
In late 1971 De Tomaso created a racing version of the Pantera to compete against Ferrari, Porsche and Chevrolet Corvettes in the new Group 4 sanctioned by the FIA.

The first six Pantera GT4 were homologated for road use, and eight further were built for racing. The body was lightened by extensive drilling of the sheet metal. Lowered adjustable suspension, new anti-roll bars and Koni adjustable shock absorbers, direct steering, larger ventiliated Lockheed brake discs, two 60 litre fuel tanks and 15 inch Campagnolo magnesium alloy completed the chassis package.

The bumpers were removed, no rust treatment or sound deadening were applied, the boot, bonnet and doors were of alloy, whilst inside only the dashboard, racing seats, steering wheel and the shrunken roll-bar safety were present.

De Tomaso used Ford Boss 351 engines prepared by Bud Moore using camshafts and racing springs, titanium valves, forged pistons and increased oil sump, while maintaining the crankshaft, connecting rods and pushrod as standard. The engine capacity of 5763 cc was unchanged compared to the standard engine with a bore of 101.6 mm and 88.9 mm stroke, whilst the compression ratio was increased to 12.0: 1 and the carburettor was a quad Holley Racing 1150 CFM, all combined with a single-disc clutch reinforced and a ZF five close-ratio producing 440hp, later 470hp

Kyosho - De Tomaso Pantera GT4
Andy

Tom

Post by Tom »

Fantastic model of a fantastic car. I really need to find a 1:43.

GBOAC002

Post by GBOAC002 »

Beautifully rendered and finished in an interesting colour. Great add Andy.

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

He was a simple man that Mr de Tomaso - chassis - check, aggressive looking body - check, ... oh, we have all this space in the back - let’s just jam a massive engine in there :lol:

Very impressive.
Martin

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:15 am
Fantastic model of a fantastic car. I really need to find a 1:43.
That it is Tom
MC did the base Pantera in red and black and Spark did all the variants but I'm not sure how easy these are to find these days. Past that i don't who else has made these in 1/43
GBOAC002 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:40 am
Beautifully rendered and finished in an interesting colour. Great add Andy.
Very much so. Cheers Ian
Alfaholic wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:09 pm
He was a simple man that Mr de Tomaso - chassis - check, aggressive looking body - check, ... oh, we have all this space in the back - let’s just jam a massive engine in there :lol:

Very impressive.
More or less yes. You missed the bit about throwing them together as well in true Italian style of the era ;)
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Like buses
Chassis 2860 was one of the 8 Group 4 Panteras built in 1972 and was campaigned in the 1972 season in the hands of Claude Dubois who scored an impressive 7th at Spa and 16th at Le Mans that year. It was then not seen again until 1975 when it re-appeared still in the hands of Claude Dubois and was entered again for Spa where it failed to start and then for Le Mans with a driver line up of Pierre Rubens & Paolo Bozzetto who qualified it 23rd.
Although initially it lost a few places in the first couple of hours it was able to regain those and by the 7th hour it had reached 12th before dropping back again and two hours later it was lying in 22nd.
By the halfway mark the car was up to 17th and for the next twelve hours it would alternate between 16th and 17th finally coming home 16th (again) and 8th in class after 290 laps.
The car was sold to the Belgian Team Willeme and driven by Pierre Rubens in the 1976 Belelux series scoring two wins and two seconds before being sold on again in 1977 and this is where the trail goes cold although i found mention of it being in the US in 2005

Kyosho - De Tomaso Pantera Group 4 - 1975 Le Mans 24 Hours - P.Rubens & P.Bozzetto - 16th
Andy

Tom

Post by Tom »

Incredibly cool! Fantastic model too.

Alfaholic

Post by Alfaholic »

Looks even better in red and with numbers ;)
Martin

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:43 am
Incredibly cool! Fantastic model too.
It so is Tom on both counts
Alfaholic wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:44 am
Looks even better in red and with numbers ;)
Can't argue with you there Martin 8-)
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

The Fiat Dino came about because of Ferrari's need to homologate their V6 engine, which required it to be derived from a production in a car homologated in the GT class of which 500 examples had been built in the previous 12 months. The 65 degree Vittori Jano designed engine was converted for road use by Aurelio Lampredi and contrary to the old man's wishes, FIAT took over the build to ensure supply for the Dino and also to supply engines for their Dino, all of which had FIAT stamped on the block.
The Fiat Dino first appeared in late 1966 as a Pininfarina styled and built 2 seat spyder with a Bertone styled and built 2+2 coupe following in 1967, but noticeably the spyder has a 10 inch longer wheelbase and also for the initial production it came with vinyl trim and steering wheel which would change to wood as per the Coupe when it went into production.
Both were powered by the 2 litre Ferrari V6 producing 160hp (although Ferrari quoted 180hp for it's 206GT Dino which used the same engine, built on the same line) and total production of the spyder was 1,163 up to 1969 when Ferrari took production of the V6 and the Fiat Dino models in house and introduced substantially re-engineered versions with the 2.4 litre engine

Cult - Scale Models - Fiat Dino Spyder
Andy