Re: Andy's additions in 1/18

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

From the 1986 Monte Carlo Rally, this is the Sport Quattro E2 of Hannu Mikkola & Arne Hertz who had a trouble free rally and finished 3rd some 4 minutes down on the winning Lancia Delta S4. Little did we know that events would overtake Audi and Group B and this would be the last time Mikkola would be seen behind the wheel of a WRC Group B Audi

Autoart - Audi Sport Quatto E2 - 1986 Monte Carlo Rally - H.Mikkola & A.Hertz - 3rd
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Wow.

I've been waiting for you to show this ever since I saw the first pictures online. It's even better than I thought it was, really amazing. Must keep my resolve of only 1:43...

oldirish33

Post by oldirish33 »

Lots of excellent detail in that one!
Jerry
Old Irish Racing

www.oldirish.com

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:40 am
Wow.

I've been waiting for you to show this ever since I saw the first pictures online. It's even better than I thought it was, really amazing. Must keep my resolve of only 1:43...
Glad you like it Tom.
I am so predictable :lol: It's a cracking model, just needs sponsor logos.
oldirish33 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:05 am
Lots of excellent detail in that one!
Sure is Jerry. AA excel at it (though for a price these days)
Andy

British roads have history. Some were built by the Romans. British road investment being what it is, they have only been re-surfaced a few times since.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

More Audi goodness.
Audi went to Giorgetto Giugiaro for the the third generation of Audi 80 which replaced both the second generation 80 and the NSU Ro80 and it went into production in 1978. Fuel injected models followed in 1979 and then in 1983 a quattro version appeared with a normally aspirated version of the 5 cylinder engine from the Ur Quattro. Face lifted in 1984 with new headlamps and bumpers plus a revised interior it would remain on sale for further 2 years before being replaced by the B3.

Otto Models - Audi 80 quattro
Andy

Tom

Post by Tom »

Great, another one that I was trying to avoid. That is amazing too.

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

Tom wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:31 am
Great, another one that I was trying to avoid. That is amazing too.
It's a cool model. Had to have one as the previous owner of a Sport back in the day.
Andy

dcast

Post by dcast »

Very nice 80's Audi models :)

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

dcast wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:55 am
Very nice 80's Audi models :)
Thanks. Something else 80s from the same stable coming up :D
Andy

scalainj
Site Admin

Post by scalainj »

New in from Otto, is another Mk2 Scirocco (good) with Avus alloys (good) and in Scala trim (good) but they have gone for it in triple white (bad), my least favourite of the colour combinations that were available. It is however a Scala and one can only hope they follow it up in Tornado red with the black, grey & tartan trim interior, RHD and the same wheels though without the red inserts. Strangely this would look just like mine. :o

Otto Models - Volkswagen Scirocco Mk2 Scala
Andy

dcast

Post by dcast »

Excellent model and cool 80's hot hatch :) Here's hoping that they'll release a version with your 1/1 specs 👍

Tom

Post by Tom »

I'm generally no fan of white cars, but this does look just right. Agreed that red would make it even better and I'm no fan of white interiors either. As usual, top quality from Otto. I have three of their models and they're all ace.

oldirish33

Post by oldirish33 »

I like that, looks retro cool in that combination. Having three white vehicles, I guess I like white. :D. Would like to see an image of your 1/1 car Andy.
Jerry
Old Irish Racing

www.oldirish.com